PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit over Janet's Boobie

sarettah
02-06-2004, 01:46 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_media_jackson (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/oukoe_media_jackson)

Ok, so now someone is suing Janet Jackson, MTV, and anyone and anything associated with the Superbowl halftime show because potentially 89 million people were exposed to "Lewd Conduct".

What the hell ??

It was a breast, nothing more, nothing less... If you watch WWE (WWF) at all, you get exposed to man boobs galore... But a woman's breast gets shown and that is somehow lewd behavior ??

from http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html

FEBRUARY 5--It took almost three days, but the first lawsuit has been filed in connection with Janet Jackson's breast. A Tennessee woman yesterday filed a proposed class action lawsuit "on behalf of all Americans" who watched the Super Bowl halftime show and were somehow injured by Miss Jackson's adorned nipple. In the below federal complaint, Terri Carlin, a 47-year-old Knoxville bank employee, contends that Jackson's exposure and other "sexually explicit conduct" during halftime festivities caused viewers to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." Details of those supposed injuries were not further described in the complaint filed by attorney Wayne A. Ritchie II. Along with Jackson, Carlin has named as defendants Justin Timberlake, CBS, MTV, and Viacom. Carlin's complaint seeks compensatory and punitive damages, though an exact dollar figure is not specified. But it seems billions would be in order since Carlin notes that punitive damages should not exceed the gross revenues of all defendants for the past three years. (8 pages
I would have hoped that by 2004 we would have been further along than this......

Toolz
02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Add-on:

Terri Carlin, a 47-year-old Knoxville bank employee, who's never seen herself naked

sarettah
02-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I was just checking things out over at the FCC site, looking at the regulations for broadcasting "indecent" or "obsene" stuff. Man, that is a big mess just waiting to come down.

I was reading a case on a particular rap song and a station getting nailed because the song contained "sexually explicit" lyrics and it reminded me of something.

Back in 1977 or so, Jackson Browne released "running on empty" and damn neear every song on it went gold. One of the most piopular songs on it was called "Rosie". Radios aired the hell out of the tune. People walked around singing along, etc... Great tune... Except, the whole song was about the joys of masturbation, to put it bluntly. Under what I have just been reading at the FCC site, that song would/could have been classified as indecent and stations would have been fined out the ass...

"Rosie you're all right, you wear my ring.
When you hold me tight, Rosie that's my thing.
When I turn out the light, I've got to hand it to me.
Looks like it's you and me again tonight, Rosie"

sarettah
02-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Toolz@Feb 6 2004, 02:04 PM
Add-on:

Terri Carlin, a 47-year-old Knoxville bank employee, who's never seen herself naked
exactly :okthumb:

Kittyfuzz
02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
that i just frivious bullshit. I hate people that feel the need to sue just because they can and want to get some kind of attention. I certainly don't see anyone suing the networks when boobs and ass are displayed all over the screen on any other tv show. I think she should be sued just for being an attention whore! :rokk:

DrGuile
02-06-2004, 05:02 PM
To put things in perspective, the clip was shown a few times here on the news, and it wasnt censored.

Americans need to get over their fear of the nipple.

pushpills
02-06-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't really like black chicks boobs

I will be seeking the viewing of a white chicks boob as compensation.

gregtx
02-06-2004, 05:46 PM
gee.. my kid saw my wifes nipples for 9 months.. I bet she will be scared for the rest of her life...

TORT REFORM!!!!

I would rather my kid see janet jacksons nipple at a halftime show.. vs watching attention whores swim in pig urine while trying to eat buffalo testcles and camel penises....

sarettah
02-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by gregtx@Feb 6 2004, 05:54 PM
I would rather my kid see janet jacksons nipple at a halftime show.. vs watching attention whores swim in pig urine while trying to eat buffalo testcles and camel penises....
Eeeekkk.. Greg, what show was that on ??

:blink: