PDA

View Full Version : Banner/Ad Rotation Program

Kacy
02-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Can anyone recommend a good banner/ad rotation program preferrably in php/mysql ?

The one I currently use is in perl and just taking up too much system resources to parse ads across 36 domains.

This would be for the ads you see on the top of certified sites:
http://certifiedbrunettes.com (http://certifiedbrunettes.com/index.shtml) (example)

As you can clearly see the ads are taking waaaayyy to long to load, even using fastcgi.

Anyone using a good program they can recommend?

Thanx in advance :)

Last edited by Kacy at Feb 4 2004, 04:04 PM

aeon
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
phpads new - easy learning curve...does the job & is free.

best of luck -
aeon

Kacy
02-04-2004, 06:55 PM
I'll check it out thanx :)

VooMan
02-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi Kacy,

Definitely try php AdsNew. It's excellent software... :-)

Hell Puppy
02-04-2004, 11:21 PM
I'll pile on... phpadsnew rocks.

Takes a bit of a time investment to get the inventories stocked if you have a lot of sites and alot of programs and want to be able to really track them all individually down to the zone. But once it's done, it's a powerful tool for seeing what works, what doesn't and switching ads on/off or pushing who you want to push, etc.

Kacy
02-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Yea, that is definately what I need. Thing that sucks about it is that we have already invested alot of time entering all the ads into the other program. While it is perl, it does utilize mysql for the database. What would be ideal is if I could some how import the data. That would probably be a small miracle though lol :)

I am going to try and see what I get done to make my current program work.

The site I found phpAdNew was down for maintenance or something, so I haven't been able to check it out yet.

Thanx everyone :)

Evil Chris
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Kacy, let me know if you need a hand with that program.
I run a couple of different versions of it on different things, and I find that my older version is a lot more user friendly.

The newer one has more bells and whistles.