PDA

View Full Version : Parent who have girls

Peaches
02-01-2004, 09:44 AM
What are your "rules" for your daughters calling boys who they like?

I'll admit, I'm not only old, and I was raised in a rather strict old Southern home, but it was pretty prevalent with the friends I grew up with: We weren't allowed to call guys. I was allowed to call someone back if they called me first, but picking up the phone and calling a guy I liked was 100% taboo. My brother ended up marrying a girl when they were in their mid thirties he'd known since they were 13 and since they were always just friends, there were many times she called him while they were growing up. My mother STILL refers to her as "The girl who calls boys.", lol!

There is a male living in my house who these ditzy females call all the damn freaking time! The one who prompted this called him yesterday and asked him out (you can just imagine - if we weren't allowed to CALL boys, asking one out would have been a fast trip to the convent :zoinks: ). Due to circumstances 100% within his control, he couldn't go. He called her and told her. She has called 10+ times since then - in 12 hours - once on MY CELL PHONE because she used caller ID when he called her from the car and figured he had another #. :steemed:

And this is NOT unusual, it's been happening for years and I'm sure these girls call ALL guys like this, not just my charming son. :rolleyes:

So....am I just pathetically old fashion? Those of you with daughters over 12 - what are the rules?

Sharpie
02-01-2004, 10:01 AM
My how things have changed - Peaches. I think it is totally acceptable now days - however, making a nuisance of yourself, is a different story! If your son doesn't want to hear from this girl - he should be honest and tell her. Sounds like she is pretty immature.

Peaches
02-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Feb 1 2004, 11:09 AM
My how things have changed - Peaches. I think it is totally acceptable now days - however, making a nuisance of yourself, is a different story! If your son doesn't want to hear from this girl - he should be honest and tell her. Sounds like she is pretty immature.
Oh, don't get me wrong, he LOVES it, lol! :P

Only a few of my friends have girls - most have boys - but I know they'd have a fit if their girls called constantly like this. Then again, these are mostly women who I've known since HS so we were all raised in the same "You don't call boys, and if you ask a guy out, expect Scarlett O'Hara's ghost to strike you down." atmosphere. :unsure: And it's not just here (where maybe these girls just GOT phones, hehehe.....), it happened when we were living in the burbs too.

I'm just wondering if we're living in a Southern Living Bubble, hehehe. B)

Winetalk.com
02-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Peaches, if I give you the honest answer, it would shock you
;-)))

hint:
in Italian army during the war,
in order to get the mules on the ship,
they were pulling them by their tails in the opposite direction
;-)))

Peaches
02-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM
;-)))

hint:
;-)))
OK, the only thing I can figure out by that is that you beg your daughter to call boys and therefore she refuses to...... :unsure:

Winetalk.com
02-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 1 2004, 11:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 1 2004, 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM
;-)))

hint:
;-)))
OK, the only thing I can figure out by that is that you beg your daughter to call boys and therefore she refuses to...... :unsure:[/b][/quote]
bingo!
;-)))

Winetalk.com
02-01-2004, 11:05 AM
P.S. I don't find the npsychology of the teen to be any different from the mule...same stubborness....when and if this trait goes beyond teen age, than it becomes a real problem for the one who has it
;-))))

slavdogg
02-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Peaches, give her my # :))

Peaches
02-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Feb 1 2004, 12:52 PM
GLADLY!! :D

(BTW, she's called 2 more times since my last post........ :zoinks: )

Julene
02-01-2004, 12:29 PM
hehehe

When I met my husband, he told me to call him and I replied " I don't call guys, you will have to call me ".

Both my girls who are 17 and almost 16 don't call guys unless the guy is a friend and calls first.

:)

Peaches
02-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Julene@Feb 1 2004, 01:37 PM
hehehe

When I met my husband, he told me to call him and I replied " I don't call guys, you will have to call me ".

Both my girls who are 17 and almost 16 don't call guys unless the guy is a friend and calls first.

THANK YOU! At least I know I'm not going completely nuts and we weren't the only group like this, lol! :P

SykkBoy
02-01-2004, 08:39 PM
My daughter is only 7 but I'm already ordering chastity belts and planning for the "phone talk". Some of her friends (8 and 9 year olds) already have damn cell phones....I'm thinking of looking into nunneries........

Lisa
02-01-2004, 08:50 PM
My daughter is 13 1/2 and believes her life was ruined the day the first of her brothers was conceived.

She's not into boys...yet. :awinky:

cj
02-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Julene@Feb 1 2004, 12:37 PM

that's what you think ;-)

do you think the girl who is calling peaches son is getting her parents permission before calling?!??

you would be amazed how young girls start 'playing up' with boys these days, and how 'clever' they are at covering their tracks ...

says she who spent every night on the phone either a) to boys or b ) to girlfriends talking about boys :biglaugh:

Hell Puppy
02-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--slavdogg@Feb 1 2004, 12:52 PM

(BTW, she's called 2 more times since my last post........ :zoinks: )[/b][/quote]
Peaches Jr. needs an agent. I'm sure GonZo or I could offer our services. We'll screen 'em all. I do hope all of these girls are over 18? Otherwise we cant use...err...screen 'em!

cj
02-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Lisa@Feb 1 2004, 08:58 PM
but auntie cj is working on it :awinky:

Lisa
02-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by cj+Feb 2 2004, 02:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Feb 2 2004, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lisa@Feb 1 2004, 08:58 PM
but auntie cj is working on it :awinky:[/b][/quote]
Heaven help us all! :P

Julene
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 1 2004, 09:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 1 2004, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Julene@Feb 1 2004, 01:37 PM
hehehe

THANK YOU! At least I know I'm not going completely nuts and we weren't the only group like this, lol! :P[/b][/quote]
Nah, there are a few of us out there ! :D

My girls don't even date yet. I am lucky they are just in the having crushes and checking out guys stage. :)

kath
02-02-2004, 05:34 PM
My daughter is almost 13 and we don't let her call boys... she has one friend who is a boy that as hubby says "is no threat" lol - so he's allowed to call her, but any other calls she gets receives the 3rd degree... who are you? why are you calling? does she know you? how old are you? have you ever done time in State Prison?

:rolleyes:

Needless to say.... if they call once, and don't usually call back again...

I know the tough times are still ahead... oh and for the record - I WAS allowed to call boys - I think my parents made a mistake there, at 14 I was one of those pesky girls that kept calling the guy driving his mom nuts. lol

gonzo
02-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 1 2004, 10:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 1 2004, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Peaches@Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--slavdogg@Feb 1 2004, 12:52 PM

Peaches Jr. needs an agent. I'm sure GonZo or I could offer our services. We'll screen 'em all. I do hope all of these girls are over 18? Otherwise we cant use...err...screen 'em![/b][/quote]
Content shoot!

Hell Puppy
02-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Feb 2 2004, 05:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Feb 2 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Hell Puppy@Feb 1 2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by -Peaches@Feb 1 2004, 11:56 AM

Peaches Jr. needs an agent. I'm sure GonZo or I could offer our services. We'll screen 'em all. I do hope all of these girls are over 18? Otherwise we cant use...err...screen 'em!
Content shoot![/b][/quote]
Think we can get Junior to inject his dick?

gonzo
02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@Feb 2 2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by -Hell Puppy@Feb 1 2004, 10:32 PM

Content shoot!
Think we can get Junior to inject his dick?[/b][/quote]
Dunno but I saw 2 dumb fucks do it Sat night!

Peaches
02-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Feb 3 2004, 01:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Feb 3 2004, 01:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hell Puppy@Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM

Dunno but I saw 2 dumb fucks do it Sat night![/b][/quote]
Geeze - when you're at the point where you have to put a needle in your penis to have sex, it might not be the right time/place/girl/etc. :zoinks:

princess
02-03-2004, 08:59 AM
I was raised in the south as well Soddy Daisy TN to be exact and OMG! my dad was soo strict on the calling boys issue. He always said that if a guy wanted to talk to a girl he'd call the girl. That it makes a girl look slutty to be throwing themselves at guys.

He caught me on the phone one night at midnight with a guy and he knew the phone hadn't rung.. I don't think I've ever seen my dad as mad as he was that night.

But now a days I'm with others it's more accepted.

Hell Puppy
02-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 3 2004, 12:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 3 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@Feb 3 2004, 01:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hell Puppy@Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM

Dunno but I saw 2 dumb fucks do it Sat night!
Geeze - when you're at the point where you have to put a needle in your penis to have sex, it might not be the right time/place/girl/etc. :zoinks:[/b][/quote]
Worse...recreational... When you DONT need any help to get it up and are willing to stick a needle in your dick just to enhance the experience.

I guess I'm just too simple, purely a meat and potatoes man, but I'm pretty damned happy to slam ham in the traditional fashion.

Kittyfuzz
02-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey Peaches. I was brought up very similar that it wasn't good to call boys. If they wanted to talk to you, they would call you. For most of my life, I stuck by that until I met my husband. :D

My daughter will be 16 next week and I struggled with the same thing. I didn't think it was right that she called boys, but then I came to realize that it's ok for her to do it, as long as she wasn't call stalking them. She has a lot of male friends that she just talks to. So, I think it's ok, but if this girl is calling that much, I would be scared! That's what I consider call stalking. It makes her look desperate!

cj
02-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 2 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@Feb 2 2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by -Hell Puppy@Feb 1 2004, 10:32 PM

Content shoot!
Think we can get Junior to inject his dick?[/b][/quote]
:huh:

poor peaches
this thread must be disturbing her LOL

Peaches
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by cj@Feb 4 2004, 07:05 PM
poor peaches
this thread must be disturbing her LOL
Well, I have to admit I started it, so I guess I'm getting what I deserve. :P