PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for SuperBowl?

Mike AI
01-30-2004, 07:07 PM
I am pulling for the Panthers. Have to pull for the cajun and former Saint - Jake is loved in New Orleans.

But I think Patriots will win the game, panthers will cover.

Billy
01-30-2004, 07:48 PM
I think the cavemen will win !

LBBV
01-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Many say that defense wins championships. Take a look at this....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs03/n...tory?id=1718084 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs03/news/story?id=1718084)

Look at the salaries. For the Patriots, the first 9 out of 10 players
are defensive. For the Panthers, only 4 out of 10 are defensive.

Let's see if that money pays off for the Pats

steves
01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Love Jake too. I think the Patriots will cover. The under is real tempting with those defenses.

KC
01-30-2004, 08:19 PM
I predict whoever I root for will lose.

If I put money on them, they won't have a snowball's chance in hell.

I still haven't decided who I will curse this year. I'll let you know when I decide!

ulfie
01-30-2004, 08:39 PM
I predict one team will win and the other will lose. Do I get a prize? '

Peaches
01-30-2004, 09:27 PM
I predict I will be reading a book while in the same room as the TV and merely raising my head up to watch the commercials. :P

Hell Puppy
01-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 30 2004, 09:35 PM
I predict I will be reading a book while in the same room as the TV and merely raising my head up to watch the commercials. :P
Everyone will gather around the TV and watch the Superbowl on Sunday because it's the thing to do.

How many people can name 5 players by name who'll be playing in this year's game without looking it up? These two teams have the charisma and combined interest level of a wet dish rag. So I think it'll be a great time to have a nice dinner out. Should be able to get into any top notch restaurant in town on Sunday evening with ZERO wait...

My only regret is missing the commercials....though since the dot bomb burst those have been pretty lame for the past two years as well.

Peaches
01-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 30 2004, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 30 2004, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Jan 30 2004, 09:35 PM
Everyone will gather around the TV and watch the Superbowl on Sunday because it's the thing to do.

How many people can name 5 players by name who'll be playing in this year's game without looking it up? These two teams have the charisma and combined interest level of a wet dish rag. So I think it'll be a great time to have a nice dinner out. Should be able to get into any top notch restaurant in town on Sunday evening with ZERO wait...

My only regret is missing the commercials....though since the dot bomb burst those have been pretty lame for the past two years as well.[/b][/quote]
I didn't even know what TEAMS were playing until I read this thread. :P

Going out to dinner might be a good plan in the hills too - there's always TiVo. :)

Vick
01-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Here is my prediction for the Super Bowl
Guaranteed!!!!

The team with the most points ...

Will Win

Mike AI
01-31-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 30 2004, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 30 2004, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Jan 30 2004, 09:35 PM

My only regret is missing the commercials....though since the dot bomb burst those have been pretty lame for the past two years as well.[/b][/quote]

I can name 5 players off the top of my head. Just from Carolina.

Jake, Smith, Muhamad, Peppers, Davis, Pete, he hate me, casey.

Carrie
01-31-2004, 02:12 AM
My prediction for the Super Bowl: someone will win, lots of cool commercials will be played, and then the really good show comes on :P

Almighty Colin
01-31-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by LBBV@Jan 30 2004, 08:23 PM
Many say that defense wins championships.
We've had this discussion on Oprano before complete with all the statistics of past Super Bowl winners. A great offense is a slightly better predictor of a champion than a great defense but all-in-all pretty equal. Finishing as close to 1,1 in offensive and defensive rank is a good predictor of who will win a Super Bowl.

Kittyfuzz
01-31-2004, 09:49 AM
I predict Pepsi will have the best commercial this year..... There is football involved?

JoesHO
01-31-2004, 09:50 AM
I take the under, and the Pats..... :salute:

ulfie
01-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Rumor has it that Terry Tate, office linebacker, will be back. Most of the commercials people go gaga over make me yawn but those Terry Tate ones were great.

Vick
01-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 30 2004, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 30 2004, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Jan 30 2004, 09:35 PM

Ty Law made himself a HUGE NAME in the Patriots playoff win
If he gets a pick and face time look for Law to get BIG endorsements

but I've been wrong about everything else this season so .......

ulfie
01-31-2004, 01:40 PM
Ty Law is from the same HS that produced a few "good" players. Mike Ditka and Tony Dorsett might ring a bell.

Meni
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM

You aren't from NE I guess
Our team is da shit
All we do baby is WIN
and that's what matters

Jake won't do shit vs our D
and let the panthers run
big deal we'll still score 4 tds

Meni
01-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Scarletts in South FL is having the girls dance pre game
then during the game they gotta hang out
halftime dance again
and post game
so far 20 dancers are scheduled to work

Almighty Colin
01-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Meni,

Your're going to end this year just like I did last year. Lose in the NCS but win the Super Bowl. :hic:

TeenGodFather
01-31-2004, 04:09 PM
The team with white shirts will win.

Evil Chris
01-31-2004, 04:13 PM
I predict Peyton will be back next year!

ulfie
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Jan 31 2004, 04:21 PM
I predict Peyton will be back next year!
Yes, he'll be back but unless Indy gets a defense they will be watching the super bowl on tv again next year.

dantheman
01-31-2004, 09:47 PM
i predict he hate me will break one and panthers will win :)

Joe Sixpack
01-31-2004, 09:57 PM
My prediction is that big companies will make shitloads of money from those who like to see a bunch of neanderthals throw and kick a ball around a rectangular area of grass.

Last edited by Joe Sixpack at Jan 31 2004, 07:06 PM

TheEnforcer
02-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Don't much care who wins this one. Both tems are likeable unlike last year where I hated both teams with a passion. Should be a very good defensive minded game.

I think New Engalnd will win 20-17.

Vick
02-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Joe Sixpack@Jan 31 2004, 10:05 PM
My prediction is that big companies will make shitloads of money from those who like to see a bunch of neanderthals throw and kick a ball around a rectangular area of grass.
Pssssss
Since you need a clue - here's one for you

Most NFL players have college degrees

Most Neanderthals didn't

Evil Chris
02-01-2004, 12:24 PM
One thing for sure... all this over-analysis over the past two weeks is driving me nuts.