PDA

View Full Version : Poker Question

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 02:16 AM
Hoping to atleast get ya'll poker player's to atleast read this.

How many of you that are playing this freeroll would enter competitions with Real Buyins and Real Money being involved? Or do most of you just play the freerolls for the fun of it and getting together with other adult webmasters?

Just curious about the turnout tonight, and how many of you would of shown up if it was say a 50 + 5.00 buyin fee tournament, shoot off any comments..

Kinda belongs in gambling forumn but I assume I will get more responses here.

Just so you know, that would bring a prize pool of roughly $4,000.00

First place would of gotten about $1200.00 going down to say 5th - 10th place earning less as places go down...

Shoot off any feelings you have.

Carrie
01-30-2004, 02:17 AM
I like real money too much to throw it away.

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Reason I ask is as all adult webmasters are "well to do", they would be more likely to spend money if they had a 'friendly envireonment' where they could play against other adult webmsters only. Kind of like us all getting together in vegas and resevering the poker room at bellagio (but no need for sunglasses, lol).

I personally would join the trny as I know ya'll are a crazy group... And would have fun even if I lost a few bucks... Eventually hitting the big payoff, just curious on other's ciews that play at these freerolls regularly.

BTW, Do any of you play live games at ALL ? Or stricly online.. Wish there was a poll thingy here, I would ut up a poll on how many people play online for real $$ only vs how many mix it up.. real $$ vs play $$ ... would be interesting too see.

Ryan

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 02:43 AM
BTW Sorry bout the typos, a 6 pack does it for me nowadays, LOL

<---- Still regretting going allin with top pr K kicker tonight

Hell Puppy
01-30-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jan 30 2004, 02:49 AM
Reason I ask is as all adult webmasters are "well to do", they would be more likely to spend money if they had a 'friendly envireonment' where they could play against other adult webmsters only. Kind of like us all getting together in vegas and resevering the poker room at bellagio (but no need for sunglasses, lol).

I personally would join the trny as I know ya'll are a crazy group... And would have fun even if I lost a few bucks... Eventually hitting the big payoff, just curious on other's ciews that play at these freerolls regularly.

BTW, Do any of you play live games at ALL ? Or stricly online.. Wish there was a poll thingy here, I would ut up a poll on how many people play online for real $$ only vs how many mix it up.. real $$ vs play $$ ... would be interesting too see.

Ryan
Just the opposite. I dont gamble online.

Half the fun is the social aspect of it. Half the skill in poker is reading your opponent and working on your own poker face.

And then there's the trust factor. I hear tell there are some scamming bastards online.

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Hell Puppy, I agree with you to a certain degree........ !!

Let me put it to you this way, tonight preflop I was raised 125 chips with a guy who had EIGHT SEVEN!! Sorry had to type it out. He was in early position and honestly had no reason even CALLING this hand..

I call the raise with KT - Hit Top pair, Turn is another T ... I figure three T's - even if he had ovrpr I'm all good.. Nope... he flopped a straight T96 Flop .. Only out after turn was river which my odds of hitting that card were miniscule... If I am caluclating roperly ... 34 cds left... (not counting hole cards) 1 out with quad T's... 3 left with the K's

1:4.25 ... he was a 75% favorite.. granting all betting had been done prior to this (on the flop) but.....

How many of you would sit at a tournament in vegas and raise 125 chips preflop with 87 in early position? :) You would be EMBARASSED to turn over your hole cards at the end of the hand (even if you won) if you are a true poker player.

So, in summary, yes online vs live play is completely different. Players suck out and play un realistic hands and hit..

That alone is what concerns me about the TRUE future of online internet poker.. that and that alone.

I am waiting for the day everyone entering the table is required to have a WEBCAM pointing at their face hehe.... Would make a real interesting game. ESPECIALLY AMONG ADULT WEBMASTERS !!!! hahahahaha

All webmcams aimed at dicks and tits... if they flinch, THEY ARE BLUFFING hahahah....

Hell Puppy
01-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Jan 30 2004, 03:05 AM

I am waiting for the day everyone entering the table is required to have a WEBCAM pointing at their face hehe.... Would make a real interesting game. ESPECIALLY AMONG ADULT WEBMASTERS !!!! hahahahaha

All webmcams aimed at dicks and tits... if they flinch, THEY ARE BLUFFING hahahah....
"Watch out, he has a hard-on, he's not bluffing!"

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 03:03 AM
HAHAHAAH If there are nothing but chicks like Miss Eve, we would ALL be bluffing..

G DAMNIT u got me!!!

:))

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 03:05 AM
Damn, glorified surfer serge... ??

I might have to post 3,000 posts in a thread entitled "posts from Ryan to Ryan" just to get

"Shaving signups since 1996" title!!

:))

MissEve
01-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Ryan....hi baby!! :) KC and I both play online and in home games and tourneys. We have a regular home game plus home tourneys every months or so. We usually play 20 people, $50 buy in tourneys.

We also play online tourneys although statistically its so much harder. There are some big tourneys on ultimatebet that we've played. They have a regular Sunday tourney with a couple hundred people and a $200 buy in but even if you are a great player its hard to beat 200 people.

I mostly like to play sit and go tournaments online, 10-50 bucks and ten people. Im sure we would play for a buyin with webmasters too :)

Carrie
01-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Lower the buy-in and I *might* consider it, but I doubt it. I'm not a gambler. I go to Vegas and while everyone else is planning on taking down $1k with them to the floor, I take down $10. It'll last me an hour and I'm happy; I can say I've gambled in Vegas. *shrugs* Then I'll go see the sights and enjoy myself, and come home without any regrets.
I've been playing online mainly for the comraderie and just for the fun of it.

Ryan I know what you mean... especially on the NL tables there are a few who play crazy just because it's play money. I watched a pot get up to $29k on the BLIND the other day. People wouldn't do that shit with real money.
I somehow get the feeling there are a lot less "river rats" offline in real games than there are online.

And remember, being "well to do" doesn't mean you automatically throw your money away... if you *still* want to be "well to do" in a few years, then you're sensible with the money. :)

mojobill
01-30-2004, 09:50 AM
With a 'REAL' or 'MONEY' buy-in tournament, once you pay the fee, the tourny is basically run the same as the free ones... everyone gets a set amount of chips.... if you can afford to forget about the buy-in amount, its just another tournament! ;-)

I'd play... I think.... ;-)

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it... :D

Carrie
01-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by fatbaby@Jan 30 2004, 09:58 AM
With a 'REAL' or 'MONEY' buy-in tournament, once you pay the fee, the tourny is basically run the same as the free ones... everyone gets a set amount of chips.... if you can afford to forget about the buy-in amount, its just another tournament! ;-)

So you don't have to still pay like $1 or so for every hand? It's just a certain amount to be *in* the tourney and that's all you pay?

In that case, I probably would play, as long as I didn't have to pay for each hand or bet with real money.

mojobill
01-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Carrie, thats exactly how it works.. you 'BUY IN' the tournament, and then its just like the ones we have been playin.....

I think the system will even handle payout percentages down to whatever place you want....

:agrin:

masterp74
01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Carrie+Jan 30 2004, 09:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Jan 30 2004, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--fatbaby@Jan 30 2004, 09:58 AM

So you don't have to still pay like $1 or so for every hand? It's just a certain amount to be *in* the tourney and that's all you pay?

In that case, I probably would play, as long as I didn't have to pay for each hand or bet with real money.[/b][/quote]
we have that right now at choice poker.

$5+$1 buy-ins.

10 players

$50 prize pool

1st-$25

2nd-$15

3rd- $10

Carrie
01-30-2004, 05:40 PM
"$5+$1 buy-ins"

Now what does that mean? $6 total to play? Why don't they just say $6, what's the +$1 for?
The way it's stated like that makes me think it's $5 buy-in and then $1 per hand.

Mike D
01-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Any games tonight ?

Mike..........

Carrie
01-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike D@Jan 30 2004, 06:08 PM
Any games tonight ?

Mike..........
Been a bunch of people playing for the past couple hours, I think we all went for dinner though :)

PCBBS is having a tourney tonight, I know the password but I don't know if it's open to anyone like the Oprano ones are.

mojobill
01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jan 30 2004, 05:48 PM
"$5+$1 buy-ins"

Now what does that mean? $6 total to play? Why don't they just say $6, what's the +$1 for?
The way it's stated like that makes me think it's $5 buy-in and then $1 per hand.
They call it $5 + $1 instead of $6 cuz.... $5 goes into the PRIZE POOL, and the $1 goes to the house.... ;-)

Carrie
01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by fatbaby+Jan 30 2004, 06:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fatbaby @ Jan 30 2004, 06:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Jan 30 2004, 05:48 PM
"$5+$1 buy-ins"

They call it $5 + $1 instead of $6 cuz.... $5 goes into the PRIZE POOL, and the $1 goes to the house.... ;-)[/b][/quote]
Okay that makes sense. Thankya hon.
(It sucks being the professional poker virgin.)

masterp74
01-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jan 30 2004, 02:48 PM
"$5+$1 buy-ins"

$5 is the amount added to the prize pool. the $1 is for the house

when they have $100 buy-in they show it like this

$100+$9

or some may have

$100+$10

the house makes only what the sencond $ amount is.

Last edited by masterp74 at Jan 30 2004, 05:37 PM

RyanLanane
01-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Got a start to Serge reads this, but

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...vc=1&PHPSESSID= (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=503723&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1&PHPSESSID=)

Read it ya'llpoker playahs :))