PDA

View Full Version : Batteries for a cordless mouse

Peaches
01-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm the first one to admit that sometimes I become complacent and I'm happy using whatever antiquated system I have, but I finally broke down and got rid of the 5+ year old clicking IBM keyboard and a mouse that they no longer make and bought cordless ones.

I've had them hooked up about 2 weeks and this AM I got a message that my mouse's batteries were "dangerously low". :zoinks: I've continued to use the mouse all day, so apparently I was lied to, but if I'm going to use batteries that fast, I thought I might look into rechargeable ones.

Again, I'm a little slow, and the last time I used the rechargeable ones was 10+ years ago. They were yellow and didn't hold their power very long and weren't real powerful when they WERE hot.

I'm assuming advances have been made since then :) Any recommendations? Are there more than one type of rechargeable and if so, is one more suited to what I need it for? Granted, I still have 42 batteries left in the Costco pack, but this is for future reference. :awinky:

Thanks!

Tonda_WEGCash
01-29-2004, 07:10 PM
I think your software that measures the amount of batteries you have left must be going crazy! I had a wireless mouse and keyboard a couple of years ago and the batteries would last for 4-6 months:) I would stick with regular batteries as the only rechargable batteries I have used (for the digital camera) don't last worth crap!

Hope this helps: )

Peaches
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
It does - thanks :)

ulfie
01-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Uhhh, the batteries are for your mouse, ya, ok, whatever. :P

Peaches
01-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Jan 29 2004, 08:31 PM
Uhhh, the batteries are for your mouse, ya, ok, whatever. :P
B)

Torone
01-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 29 2004, 03:44 PM
I'm the first one to admit that sometimes I become complacent and I'm happy using whatever antiquated system I have, but I finally broke down and got rid of the 5+ year old clicking IBM keyboard and a mouse that they no longer make and bought cordless ones.

I've had them hooked up about 2 weeks and this AM I got a message that my mouse's batteries were "dangerously low". :zoinks: I've continued to use the mouse all day, so apparently I was lied to, but if I'm going to use batteries that fast, I thought I might look into rechargeable ones.

Again, I'm a little slow, and the last time I used the rechargeable ones was 10+ years ago. They were yellow and didn't hold their power very long and weren't real powerful when they WERE hot.

I'm assuming advances have been made since then :) Any recommendations? Are there more than one type of rechargeable and if so, is one more suited to what I need it for? Granted, I still have 42 batteries left in the Costco pack, but this is for future reference. :awinky:

Thanks!
I usually find rechargeables for my old lady's er, uh, oh yeah 'mice' along with chargers at Wal-Mart... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Peaches
01-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Oddly, when I booted up this AM, I didn't get a low battery notice and the mouse is still running fine....once again, my aura messes with electronics. :unsure:

LBBV
01-30-2004, 08:28 PM
That was me sending you the low battery message....I've hacked into your computer just to mess with ya :lol:

More morning messages to come, such as "Please turn your monitor off and on repeatedly" and "The letter L on your keyboard has decided not to show up today"...

:ph34r:

Peaches
01-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LBBV@Jan 30 2004, 09:36 PM
That was me sending you the low battery message....I've hacked into your computer just to mess with ya :lol:

More morning messages to come, such as "Please turn your monitor off and on repeatedly" and "The letter L on your keyboard has decided not to show up today"...

If you weren't sending that damn "Why the hell are you still in your PJ's when it's after noon?" message, I'd say you had no access to my system. But alas, you're always on target. :(

Great seeing you again, BTW :) I'll remind you like I remind Voo and T - IT'S NOT LIKE WE FREAKING LIVE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE COUNTRY!! :angry:

Hell Puppy
01-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jan 30 2004, 09:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jan 30 2004, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LBBV@Jan 30 2004, 09:36 PM

If you weren't sending that damn "Why the hell are you still in your PJ's when it's after noon?" message, I'd say you had no access to my system. But alas, you're always on target. :(

Great seeing you again, BTW :) I'll remind you like I remind Voo and T - IT'S NOT LIKE WE FREAKING LIVE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE COUNTRY!! :angry:[/b][/quote]
Yeah, but the southside is just around the corner from the opposite side of the country...

Peaches
01-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jan 30 2004, 10:43 PM
Yeah, but the southside is just around the corner from the opposite side of the country...
I'm someone who thinks nothing of driving 12 hours straight (with dogs) to go to the beach - and T swears he can make it from there to here (where he HAS A HOUSE) in 1 hour....it is NOT far...... <_<

Peaches
01-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Well damn, I guess the software wasn't lying - the mouse completely died last night :( That's approx. 2 weeks for a set of batteries. This does not bode well............

Kittyfuzz
01-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Peaches, sweety, if you are going to use it that much, you need to invest in large lots of batteries. I just don't know where I would be if my "mouse" quit working on me....

:unsure:

Dravyk
01-31-2004, 07:27 PM
My cordless keyboard take one battery. Haven't changed it yet in 8-9 months. Yet, my cordless mouse takes two and they need changing every 6 weeks. Go figure!

Anyway I just keep a handy 8-pack of batteries around and buy another one every four or five months.

slavdogg
01-31-2004, 08:44 PM
why not just a get a rechargable mouse with a cradle ??

Peaches
02-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Jan 31 2004, 09:52 PM
NOW you tell me. :unsure:

Dravyk
02-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 1 2004, 09:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 1 2004, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--slavdogg@Jan 31 2004, 09:52 PM
NOW you tell me. :unsure:[/b][/quote]
Just what I was going to say, Peaches!

Hey mine came with the new computer, and it was high-tech at the time just having cordless. Next thing you know, of course, another improvement comes out. It's always something. :rolleyes: