PDA

View Full Version : dagnabit!

Elli
01-27-2004, 01:39 AM
Google search results for "ElliNude" (http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=mozclient&q=ElliNude)

As you can see from the link, someone is using my "ElliNude" logo as a metatag for his own pages which don't have anything to do with me, thereby diluting my own results on Google.

Is there anything I can do to find out who it is and to get him to stop? He has at least 15 pages in there on different domains, but they all redirect from what I can tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dravyk
01-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Directly, no. The whois is filled with BS info. However, all is not totally lost ...

If .ws and .info have to follow the "truth in domain infomartion" law (do they?), then that's one way to maybe get him.

Otherwise, an "evil techie and/or programmer" could also get the job done. :matey:

pushpills
01-27-2004, 05:21 AM
how did you get freckles by never being in the sun?

edit: I think you are hot though :inlove:

Last edited by pushpills at Jan 27 2004, 02:31 AM

Elli
01-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 27 2004, 02:29 AM
how did you get freckles by never being in the sun?

edit: I think you are hot though :inlove:
I go in the sun all the time, and all I get is freckles. I even tried a tanning booth before I went to Hawaii so I wouldn't get burned. I got TONS of freckles, and I still got a burn in Hawaii. *shrug*

Thanks for the help guys! I got some advice from WiredGuy that I'm trying out today :)

Carrie
01-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Do a traceroute, find out who he's hosted with, try talking to his host.