PDA

View Full Version : KK notice anything out of the ordinary

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 02:15 AM
See if you can guess.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/camaro1.jpg

As you can see, its been broken down pretty hard to be built back up.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/camaro2.jpg

gonzo
01-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 02:23 AM
See if you can guess.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/camaro1.jpg

As you can see, its been broken down pretty hard to be built back up.

http://hirise.biz/camaro/camaro2.jpg
Let me guess you tore it down to put on an Epassporte license plate holder...

Hell Puppy
01-24-2004, 02:29 AM
I like a car that's fast enough to do something stupid in....

Snoops
01-24-2004, 02:31 AM
I am FAR from a car expert (that's an understatement)

But, is that a stock steering wheel? My uncle had a '68 camaro and I don't remember the steering wheel being like that so just curious.

:o)

Hell Puppy
01-24-2004, 02:46 AM
I noticed something in the door upholstery...

Dravyk
01-24-2004, 02:46 AM
I'd say steering wheel or roll bar.

Mind you I said nothing about the missing chocolate jesus statue on the dash.

Carrie
01-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Well the "built back up" includes a rollbar and "hi rise racing" on the door... looks like someone's planning on going out and getting silly, driving around in ovals with other silly people who all hope no one will slide into them and their nice paint jobs. :)

Hell Puppy
01-24-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jan 24 2004, 04:18 AM
Well the "built back up" includes a rollbar and "hi rise racing" on the door... looks like someone's planning on going out and getting silly, driving around in ovals with other silly people who all hope no one will slide into them and their nice paint jobs. :)
Err...you wont see anything even remotely resembling a street car on an oval.

I'm guessing the bitching camaro is being built to be suited for the drag strip.

When that car was born, the track versions of the same car would've been racing hard on road courses against it's Mustang brethren. Years of suspension and handling technology have relegated the old late 60's and early 70's muscle cars to pretty much straight lines for competition.

Carrie
01-24-2004, 09:54 AM
oh god don't say "bitching camaro"... now I'm gonna have that awful song stuck in my head!!

*goes digging for that ac/dc TNT howard dean remix to clear head*

Peaches
01-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jan 24 2004, 06:45 AM
I'm guessing the bitching camaro is being built to be suited for the drag strip.

When that car was born, the track versions of the same car would've been racing hard on road courses against it's Mustang brethren. Years of suspension and handling technology have relegated the old late 60's and early 70's muscle cars to pretty much straight lines for competition.
Ah, the days of taking Camaros, Mustangs and TransAms and racing them up the then unfinished (and barely traveled) 400. :inlove:

'Tis why I rarely drive fast now - I figure if I made it out of my teens and 20's with no major injuries, I need to be thankful. :awinky:

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jan 24 2004, 02:54 AM

Ding Ding we have a winner.

The roll bar. The steering wheel is different as well, but anyone can change a stearing wheel.

The car is not being made for drag racing or oval racing, we had to put in a roll bar not for fear of flipping, but because the engine has so much torque that without the roll bar it would bend the frame of the car.

Dave my mechanic has gone a little overboard.... but it is ok. I like it!

:D

Richard N. Bush
01-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I did a little over 155mph on 400 once...

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Richard N. Bush@Jan 24 2004, 01:44 PM

Nice.

We have not pushed the car yet. ( heck all I have is photos) But Dave thinks it will do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, top out at 170 ( if gearing was different we could go over 200).

I have never been over 150 in a car, and that was a Mercedes. Not sure I want to do more then that. Actually I am not sure I want to do that again, unless I was on a track.

Hubby
01-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 24 2004, 10:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 24 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dravyk@Jan 24 2004, 02:54 AM

The roll bar. The steering wheel is different as well, but anyone can change a stearing wheel.

The car is not being made for drag racing or oval racing, we had to put in a roll bar not for fear of flipping, but because the engine has so much torque that without the roll bar it would bend the frame of the car.

:D[/b][/quote]
The vented disk brakes aren't even close to orginal either.

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Hubby+Jan 24 2004, 01:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hubby @ Jan 24 2004, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 10:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Dravyk@Jan 24 2004, 02:54 AM

The vented disk brakes aren't even close to orginal either.[/b][/quote]

HEHE Very true. One problem muscle cars had is breaking. We had to solve that so I do not kill myself.

clemsontiger
01-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 24 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 24 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dravyk@Jan 24 2004, 02:54 AM

:D[/b][/quote]
What are the specs of the engine?

Dravyk
01-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 02:35 PM
we had to put in a roll bar not for fear of flipping, but because the engine has so much torque that without the roll bar it would bend the frame of the car.
Yowsah! Now that's some power there Mike! My mouth is htting the ground here.

Better be sure and shoot some video of that sucka when ready. Want to see what it can do!

Last edited by Dravyk at Jan 24 2004, 06:19 PM

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by clemsontiger+Jan 24 2004, 02:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clemsontiger @ Jan 24 2004, 02:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 02:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Dravyk@Jan 24 2004, 02:54 AM

What are the specs of the engine?[/b][/quote]
Four hundred and sixty cubic inches. (460cid) with 450 horsepower and 550 foot pounds of torque at 3600 rpm's.

Peaches
01-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 06:23 PM
Four hundred and sixty cubic inches. (460cid) with 450 horsepower and 550 foot pounds of torque at 3600 rpm's.
When I was a teenager, my Dad had a 1972 Buick Riviera with a 455 engine in it. I remember him calling my mother telling her he bought it when we were in Savannah. We went to his office to see it any my mother said "That must be it. It's the ugliest car on the lot so I'm sure it's what your father bought". :lol:

When I turned 16, I wanted it SO bad, but it was getting long in the tooth (I turned 16 in 1978) and my Dad wanted me to have a new car that would be "safer". :( I did get to trade with him every once in awhile until he traded it in (for a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado which provided me with a little known fact - you can put an entire 6 man inflated raft INSIDE one of those monsters when you're at the raft race, a bit inebriated and can't figure out how to deflate it....) so I still had a lot of fun in it. :)

I see one about every 4-5 years on the road. I still love that car. :(

Mike AI
01-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jan 24 2004, 05:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jan 24 2004, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 06:23 PM
When I was a teenager, my Dad had a 1972 Buick Riviera with a 455 engine in it. I remember him calling my mother telling her he bought it when we were in Savannah. We went to his office to see it any my mother said "That must be it. It's the ugliest car on the lot so I'm sure it's what your father bought". :lol:

When I turned 16, I wanted it SO bad, but it was getting long in the tooth (I turned 16 in 1978) and my Dad wanted me to have a new car that would be "safer". :( I did get to trade with him every once in awhile until he traded it in (for a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado which provided me with a little known fact - you can put an entire 6 man inflated raft INSIDE one of those monsters when you're at the raft race, a bit inebriated and can't figure out how to deflate it....) so I still had a lot of fun in it. :)

I see one about every 4-5 years on the road. I still love that car. :([/b][/quote]

Peaches you can get one on EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2454942279 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6142&item=2454942279)

I saw some rapper on MTV cribs who had one pimped out. I think it was older though, like 67.... looked pretty cool.

Peaches
01-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 06:39 PM
Peaches you can get one on EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2454942279 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6142&item=2454942279)
There have been MANY times I've thought of buying one. But I know I'd buy it and just drive it once or twice. And I'm not a multi-gabazillionaire like you. :P

That 19K miles on that ad HAS to be wrong, lol!

Hell Puppy
01-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 24 2004, 01:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 24 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Richard N. Bush@Jan 24 2004, 01:44 PM

Nice.

We have not pushed the car yet. ( heck all I have is photos) But Dave thinks it will do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, top out at 170 ( if gearing was different we could go over 200).

I have never been over 150 in a car, and that was a Mercedes. Not sure I want to do more then that. Actually I am not sure I want to do that again, unless I was on a track.[/b][/quote]
If that car is as fast as it sounds like it's gonna be, you'll hit 3 digits "accidently" just by jumping on it a little bit.

I've hit a buck fifty with the Vette before realizing it and backing out. In this case on an interestate with 6 lanes and virtually no traffic in the middle of the night while handing some ricers their ass.

KC
01-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 24 2004, 06:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 24 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 01:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Richard N. Bush@Jan 24 2004, 01:44 PM

Nice.

I have never been over 150 in a car, and that was a Mercedes. Not sure I want to do more then that. Actually I am not sure I want to do that again, unless I was on a track.
If that car is as fast as it sounds like it's gonna be, you'll hit 3 digits "accidently" just by jumping on it a little bit.

I've hit a buck fifty with the Vette before realizing it and backing out. In this case on an interestate with 6 lanes and virtually no traffic in the middle of the night while handing some ricers their ass.[/b][/quote]
I did 153 on my old Motorcycle once..

Over about 120 it's all the same.. Way too fucking fast!

Mike AI
01-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by KC+Jan 24 2004, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KC @ Jan 24 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Hell Puppy@Jan 24 2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by -Mike AI@Jan 24 2004, 01:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Richard N. Bush@Jan 24 2004, 01:44 PM

Nice.

I've hit a buck fifty with the Vette before realizing it and backing out. In this case on an interestate with 6 lanes and virtually no traffic in the middle of the night while handing some ricers their ass.
I did 153 on my old Motorcycle once..

Over about 120 it's all the same.. Way too fucking fast![/b][/quote]

Unless you are in a plane!

*KK*
01-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Damn, I missed all the fun here on the board!

But actually I was at the Barrett Jackson yesterday!

Nothing totally outstanding like the 950K bid that didn't buy the Jag last year, but I will say this, Chevy should enjoy a banner year at resale -- the classics, not the new ones for those not familiar with the auction. EVERY Vette I saw cross the block went for 6 figures minimum, including a 91 and an 88 Reese Callaway edition. Callaway had 4 cars showing total.

Once again imports did ok but not great, Craig Jackson, the owner of the auction had his personal gullwing 300 Mercedes in the showing and even it didn't get to half a million dollars...

But all in all a great day, a bit chilly for this time of year, and I'll post some pics when I get a chance, am off to finish getting ready to move at the moment.

Mike AI
01-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Jan 25 2004, 02:20 PM
Damn, I missed all the fun here on the board!

But actually I was at the Barrett Jackson yesterday!

Nothing totally outstanding like the 950K bid that didn't buy the Jag last year, but I will say this, Chevy should enjoy a banner year at resale -- the classics, not the new ones for those not familiar with the auction. EVERY Vette I saw cross the block went for 6 figures minimum, including a 91 and an 88 Reese Callaway edition. Callaway had 4 cars showing total.

Once again imports did ok but not great, Craig Jackson, the owner of the auction had his personal gullwing 300 Mercedes in the showing and even it didn't get to half a million dollars...

But all in all a great day, a bit chilly for this time of year, and I'll post some pics when I get a chance, am off to finish getting ready to move at the moment.

Amazing how far the gullwings have fallen. They used to always go for near a million.

One day I will make it out there. Maybe I can bring the Camaro out next year and see what it could fetch.

*KK*
01-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Maybe you should start looking for some Vettes hidden in old ladies barns... I've never seen so many go for so much... unbelievable.

It was a total blast as usual, there's one in Palm Beach in March and one in LA in June -- not nearly so big as Scottsdale but should be fun if you can make either of them --