PDA

View Full Version : senator john edwards

Cassie
01-22-2004, 10:48 PM
ive been reading about him here and there (nothing in depth because i dont really have time). is there anything other then what i am reading that anyone can give input about?

someone young in office again may not be a bad thing no?

Hooper
01-22-2004, 10:55 PM
he is a very inspirational speaker, i'll give him that. his story of being a cole miners son is absolutely true, he was poor, lived poor and got scholarships to school and now he's a senator. gotta have some respect for that.

Cassie
01-22-2004, 10:58 PM
wow, i didnt know that. blue collar man, that is always a plus as long as you remember where you came from.

i have to get settled in so i can have some cnn time :(

TheEnforcer
01-22-2004, 11:04 PM
You can bet that if he gets the nomination that many of the repubs will try and paint him as the "rich man" trial lawer who cares only about money type regardless of the fact that he worked hiss ass off and didn't have a silver sppon in his mouth growing up.

Mike AI
01-22-2004, 11:08 PM
He is a trial lawyer. Huge in the ATA, which is reason enough not to like him. Attorneys, especially plantiff attorneys are killing small business in this country.

His trial experience has honed in his speaking skills, he is very pursuasive and gives the best speech. His policies are typically liberal. I do appreciate he is upbeat, and not always downing the nation.

Cassie
01-22-2004, 11:08 PM
if you go to the link below and click on the interactive electoral map on the left then click on gore/bush 2000, i got a chuckle at the vote count in fl.

http://www.johnedwards2004.com/home.asp

oops....make that map on the right (being from ny i dont know my left from my right :rolleyes: )

Last edited by Cassie at Jan 23 2004, 12:17 AM

*KK*
01-23-2004, 03:53 AM
He's an ambulance chasing hick from the middle of nowhere. I actually voted against him when I still lived in NC.

Coincidentally, he's from the same town my grandmothers lived her whole life in and my mother moved back to a few years ago. That alone should be enough to disqualify him as president ;)