PDA

View Full Version : I would like to thank Jon Atherton & Level 3

Hooper
01-15-2004, 11:44 PM
for returning us to normal signup rates.

i hope you stay under jon. now everybody is returning to the other program that made them the most :)

Mike AI
01-16-2004, 12:02 AM
:lol:

BradShaw
01-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Hooper@Jan 15 2004, 08:52 PM

i hope you stay under jon. now everybody is returning to the other program that made them the most :)
Do not kid yourself. Atherton is smarter than all of us combined. And he makes more..........

Opti
01-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Hooper@Jan 16 2004, 02:52 PM

I dunno... putting out a product that every single big hitter chases YOU to promote sounds pretty smart to me. Compared to relying on other people folding to get traffic, it does anyway ;-)

What are you going to do if Jon happens to payout to everyone... think that traffic you got back will stay for more than a minute when he emails everyone with his next "thing"?

Hooper
01-16-2004, 11:31 AM
wow opti, i sense some tension in there.

i didnt say i was better than anybody or smarter than anybody, just said thanks for going under.

i could out convert him and outpay him if i was running a scam on unscrubbed merchant accounts too. shit like that hurts the whole industry, and all i was saying was (in a joking manner) that most of my mailer accounts have returned home now that this flash in then pan of paris is gone, at least for now.

sheesh, somebody has a case of the fridays.

gonzo
01-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Hooper@Jan 16 2004, 11:39 AM

i didnt say i was better than anybody or smarter than anybody, just said thanks for going under.

i could out convert him and outpay him if i was running a scam on unscrubbed merchant accounts too. shit like that hurts the whole industry, and all i was saying was (in a joking manner) that most of my mailer accounts have returned home now that this flash in then pan of paris is gone, at least for now.

...Shoulda Used QuickBuck!

Opti
01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jan 17 2004, 02:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jan 17 2004, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Jan 16 2004, 11:39 AM

...Shoulda Used QuickBuck![/b][/quote]
hehehe.... Too True Gonzo!

Sorry to sound like that Hooper.. no tension.. just typing like I talk sometimes.. a bit "in ya face" .... I do think you have a good operation, can be trusted and that Quickbuck is a smart place for mailers to turn, for what its worth.

You do sound a bit sour grapes though.. some of your posts talk like you think anyone that sent traffic to Adstats deserves not to get paid and is somehow guilty of supporting some out and out scam. I'm not here to defend them.. But I am pretty damn impressed with what they did with the paris niche.. it was a high risk area to promote.. and they hit it 10 times harder and 100 times more professionaly than anyone else... Considering Paris is the biggest thing to hit our biz this century, I have been wondering why so many others dropped the ball.

At the risk of sounding like I am handing out a back handed compliment... You are one of the most likely people I would have thought would have been fast to jump on the opportunity. If Quickbuck had done anything to help out mailers wanting to capatilise on the interest.. or people with SE traffic for Paris... I bet you would have easily grabbed a big chunk of the traffic that Adstats got!

TeenGodFather
01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Jan 16 2004, 08:39 AM
Shit, no, man. I believe you should get your ass kicked saying something like that, man

Toolz
01-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Opti@Jan 16 2004, 10:15 AM
.. But I am pretty damn impressed with what they did with the paris niche.. it was a high risk area to promote.. and they hit it 10 times harder and 100 times more professionaly than anyone else... Considering Paris is the biggest thing to hit our biz this century, I have been wondering why so many others dropped the ball.

Okay I gotta chime in here.

#1. The content was stolen from someone else
#2. The customers cards were crammed with $200 in charges

So did they hit it hard? Yes, professional? LMFAO

Rolo
01-16-2004, 01:21 PM
The "hit and run" marketing is here to stay - only ones who can put a stop to it is the police. Banks, ISPs, Affiliates all wash their hands by saying "we can not be held responsible" - guess what, you can be held responsible!

I do find it interesting, that people will sell something they know is a scam, and keep on saying something like "I know its wrong, but damn the money is good"... Are they really thinking this short term? Or prehaps they think they are "the untouchables".
Whatever it is, then the good thing is that nature have put a thing in place, which makes sure 99.9% of all scammers get caught - its called greed. They do not know, when to stop, and eventually they are either caught by the police or another scammer takes their money.

Karma...

Oh yeah - its friday :stout:

Opti
01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
I think thats where I am coming from Toolz...

#1. The content was stolen from someone else
#2. The customers cards were crammed with $200 in charges

How are we supposed to know that is what is/was happening. I have heard other people say they didnt have the paris content online... someone else posted on GFY that were running some other alternate paris video clip they cooked up themselves.

I agree they appear to have been able to process a lot more joins than other people... but again, at what point should a webmaster start to say.. I wont send to them becasue they must be doing something dodgy with the processing? As far as cramming $200 per surfer... although it wouldnt surprise me if you are right... I havent heard it before and are you suggesting promoting webmasters could have or should have known about that part of adstats business if it is true?

Its all fine to jump on the bandwagon and point fingers and say "haha, thats kharma" but those that are doing that just appear to be the ones without enough balls or sense to have seen the biggest opportunity we have had to market to non-traditional adult site buyers EVER.

No one said you had to cram cards or use illegal contant to use the opportunity... you just had to be SMART in November... not many prizes are still being given out for knowing it all now, in January.

*KK*
01-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw+Jan 15 2004, 11:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BradShaw @ Jan 15 2004, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Jan 15 2004, 08:52 PM

Do not kid yourself. Atherton is smarter than all of us combined. And he makes more..........[/b][/quote]
Let's not confuse smart with the different perspective on risk management some people have.

There's a phrase... way too clever for his own good.