PDA

View Full Version : Shoes !

Billy
01-03-2004, 09:39 PM
How do you get all of your shoes to Vegas ??

Should I pack one bag with just shoes ??

KK ???

Anybody ??

JulieJolie
01-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Interesting question. The last time I traveled to NY for 24hours I bought a big suitcase and a huge bag to fit everything. It got me to say at the borders for 3hours while they checked what I was up to...

Best idea, buy new shoes there! :P

Billy
01-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Humm shopping in Vegas... not a bad idea !

Shit Brad Shaw owes me a mink coat anyway, so why not !

Wish you were going to Vegas yet Julie Jolie ??

Peaches
01-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I'll tell you what Kimmy Kim (and I think Amber) did one year - FedEx them. :P They sent them to Vegas Lee but I'm sure you could send them straight to the hotel. :okthumb:

I've thought about doing that will my luggage everytime I'm schlepping it around the airport and in and out of taxis. That's why I'm taking my valet with me this year who will carry it all for me. B)

Billy
01-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Peaches.. is your valet my co pilot ??

I might be saved I can check another bag under Mike's name !!

First Class, BusinessFirst and International Business Class Free Baggage Acceptance
3 Checked Bags: Maximum 70 lbs (32 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height) per piece. Ticket must reflect confirmed seat for segment in which customer is checking in.

The trip is looking better already !!

I can bring all my shoes !!

Thanks Mike !!

Peaches
01-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Even though we're in the cattle car, my Valet and I are only taking 2 bags total, so you're more than welcome to ship the shoes to the Atlanta Airport, then I can take them under my ticket.

Then again, where's that plane that Sweet T chartered the other day? THAT'S what you (and I) need! :okthumb:

Hell Puppy
01-03-2004, 10:05 PM
I'll tell ya the "guy way" of doing it.

First off, a heterosexual guy needs a maximum of 3 pairs of shoes. One pair of good clean sneakers, a pair of casuals that'll match just about anything (for Vegas I *really* like Rockport for comfort and walking), and for dress up, one pair of dress shoes. If mixing colors, you need belts to match each (or do like GonZo and carry a white belt which matchs everything).

Heterosexuals also dont carry 3-4 bags. You get one huge fucking upright that is large enough to smuggle a small cadaver in and pack almost everything you own into it. Two pairs of shoes go in plastic bags in bottom of the suitcase. The other pair goes on your feet.

For a 5 day vegas trip, I check one large upright and cram all of my electronics, cameras, computer, etc into one other bag which is my carry on.

Peaches
01-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jan 3 2004, 11:13 PM
For a 5 day vegas trip, I check one large upright and cram all of my electronics, cameras, computer, etc into one other bag which is my carry on.
Puhlease - I don't take more than one large upright for MY 5 day trips - you're packing more than you need. :awinky:

Hell Puppy
01-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jan 3 2004, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jan 3 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hell Puppy@Jan 3 2004, 11:13 PM
Puhlease - I don't take more than one large upright for MY 5 day trips - you're packing more than you need. :awinky:[/b][/quote]
Me too. I should've been more clear, the other bag is my carry on which is basically a really fat laptop bag that has all my toys in it.

Billy
01-03-2004, 10:14 PM
I have Vegas for 7 days : (

Hell Puppy
01-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Jan 3 2004, 10:22 PM
I have Vegas for 7 days : (
That's what hotel laundries are for.

Nothing like paying $15 to clean a shirt, but it beats pulling too many bags around the airport.

JulieJolie
01-03-2004, 10:23 PM
As I am reading everybody's posts on everyboards, yes I have to admit I am a little jealous that I am not going to Vegas too BUT tomorow I am going to visit a house that looks pretty much like what I want. As bad as it is to say, that will serve me more on a long run, maybe for that sacrifices are worth making!

ulfie
01-03-2004, 10:34 PM
This thread is surreal. Billy worrying about how to get his shoes to Vegas. I take two pair. One I wear, the other goes in the suitcase. Having lived on the road for years I've learned it isn't rocket science to pack a suitcase. :)

Carrie
01-03-2004, 10:37 PM
HP you forgot the steel-toed boots (even if they're steel-toed hiking boots). There comes a time in every man's life when he needs protection for his little wigglies while he's working outside - carrying the woman's new furniture into the house, cutting down the branches that are blocking the woman's view, working on the car/truck to find the rattle that the woman keeps hearing, and for the (rare in FL) times when it gets icy or snows.

The only reason to take those to Vegas with you though is if you're afraid someone's breast implant might fall out and hit your foot. :P

Carrie
01-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by JulieJolie@Jan 3 2004, 10:31 PM
As I am reading everybody's posts on everyboards, yes I have to admit I am a little jealous that I am not going to Vegas too BUT tomorow I am going to visit a house that looks pretty much like what I want. As bad as it is to say, that will serve me more on a long run, maybe for that sacrifices are worth making!
Oooh ooh I've got my fingers crossed for you!! Finding the perfect house is *much* more fun and exciting than seeing some drunk folks in Vegas for a few days :) :)

Billy
01-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Ulfie.. does the term bite me ring a bell.. you know a girl cannot travel without a pair of shoes for each occasion !!

ulfie
01-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Jan 3 2004, 10:51 PM
Ulfie.. does the term bite me ring a bell.. you know a girl cannot travel without a pair of shoes for each occasion !!
Yeah, the last time I travelled with women I wanted to put a bullet in my head by the end of the trip. I got about 2 square inches of the bathroom for my stuff and they got the rest. I guess that's why I'm still single. :)

Billy
01-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Des shoes.. I cannot walk in des shoes : )

JulieJolie
01-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Carrie+Jan 3 2004, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Jan 3 2004, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JulieJolie@Jan 3 2004, 10:31 PM
Oooh ooh I've got my fingers crossed for you!! Finding the perfect house is *much* more fun and exciting than seeing some drunk folks in Vegas for a few days :) :)[/b][/quote]
Thanks! :bjump:

*KK*
01-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Peaches is indeed correct, Fedex is the way to go in this instance. Just be prepared to oversleep, miss your flight, have to take a standby and fly on a 30 seater plane in a blizzard on your connection while carrying a box of shoes that you didn't have time to Fedex back to your house on departure.

Otherwise, find someone who's driving up and stick them with it.

Works for me ;)

LittleC
01-04-2004, 10:50 AM
That's why it is soo handy to have employees...Just make them wear a company T-shirt and use their suitcases :rolleyes:

Vegas, minimum 8 pair of shoes + 1pair of Sneekers for the gym (yes I always worked out on every show I found myself for an hour @ the gym)

1 for dinner
1 for walking @ the show
1 for parties
1 for golf outings etc.
1 pair in case a heel breaks
1 pair for the gym
2 pairs to be bought in Vegas !!!

dantheman
01-04-2004, 11:12 AM
1 pair, thier on my feet :D

3 more hours to lift off :cdance:

TheEnforcer
01-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 3 2004, 10:03 PM
I'll tell you what Kimmy Kim (and I think Amber) did one year - FedEx them. :P They sent them to Vegas Lee but I'm sure you could send them straight to the hotel. :okthumb:

I've thought about doing that will my luggage everytime I'm schlepping it around the airport and in and out of taxis. That's why I'm taking my valet with me this year who will carry it all for me. B)
Please tell me you're pulling our leg!! :huh: :o :blink: :unsure:

TheEnforcer
01-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Oh my! It IS true!! :o :lol:

*KK*
01-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jan 4 2004, 08:26 AM

About the valet or the Fedex? Don't ever say I don't support the US economy ;)

confucy
01-04-2004, 02:14 PM
If you are that vain and consumed with clothes and shoes, then find a friend in Las Vegas like I have, and keep extra belongings there.

It sounds like you are a bunch of nobodys who don't have any connections in LV. I personally get special attention at two of my favorite hotels. I don't pay extra for drinks, bottled water, phone calls, and room service.

You may think of me as a *nobody* on Oprano, but LV is my playing ground and I am comped wherever I go.

So fuck the FEDEXing of shoes. Ridiculous! Kimmy, you could be saving that money to put your son through college. Oh I forgot! You have sent him away to a private school so you don't have to worry about him.

Check your priorities, KK.

Peaches
01-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by confucy@Jan 4 2004, 03:22 PM
If you are that vain and consumed with clothes and shoes, then find a friend in Las Vegas like I have, and keep extra belongings there.

It sounds like you are a bunch of nobodys who don't have any connections in LV. I personally get special attention at two of my favorite hotels. I don't pay extra for drinks, bottled water, phone calls, and room service.

You may think of me as a *nobody* on Oprano, but LV is my playing ground and I am comped wherever I go.

So fuck the FEDEXing of shoes. Ridiculous! Kimmy, you could be saving that money to put your son through college. Oh I forgot! You have sent him away to a private school so you don't have to worry about him.

Check your priorities, KK.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cj
01-04-2004, 04:21 PM
what if you have enough to put your son through collect and enough left over for fedexing shoes? is that ok?

and in peaches case, the college is already paid for after working her entire life to support her son ... is she allowed to fedex her shoes or is that neglect too?

:rolleyes:

Nickatilynx
01-04-2004, 05:46 PM
then find a friend in Las Vegas like I have

You don't.

You keep claiming to have friends.

You don't

Admit it.

Winetalk.com
01-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 4 2004, 05:54 PM
then find a friend in Las Vegas like I have

You don't.

You keep claiming to have friends.

You don't

Admit it.
not true, she has 2...
Kevin and Darci
;-)))

TheEnforcer
01-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by *KK*+Jan 4 2004, 02:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ Jan 4 2004, 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TheEnforcer@Jan 4 2004, 08:26 AM

About the valet or the Fedex? Don't ever say I don't support the US economy ;)[/b][/quote]
Both!! LOL :P

Candice
01-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JulieJolie@Jan 3 2004, 06:58 PM
Interesting question. The last time I traveled to NY for 24hours I bought a big suitcase and a huge bag to fit everything. It got me to say at the borders for 3hours while they checked what I was up to...

Best idea, buy new shoes there! :P
i agree with you!! :okthumb: