PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year.........

JFK
12-31-2003, 03:41 PM
To all of you in here, all the best. julius :rokk:

Peaches
12-31-2003, 03:44 PM
You too, JFK!

I've been a good southern woman and I have all my Christmas decorations down and I'm PRETTY sure I have some black eyed peas for tomorrow (if not, Walmart's open). :purpdance:

JFK
01-01-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Dec 31 2003, 12:52 PM
You too, JFK!

I've been a good southern woman and I have all my Christmas decorations down and I'm PRETTY sure I have some black eyed peas for tomorrow (if not, Walmart's open). :purpdance:
how about some collared greens? (spelling?) For Good luck . A few yrs ago I celebrated New yrs eve in Atlanta , and the restaurant recommended that :biglaugh:

Peaches
01-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by JFK+Jan 1 2004, 06:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JFK @ Jan 1 2004, 06:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Dec 31 2003, 12:52 PM
You too, JFK!

how about some collared greens? (spelling?) For Good luck . A few yrs ago I celebrated New yrs eve in Atlanta , and the restaurant recommended that :biglaugh:[/b][/quote]
Yes, you're supposed to eat those too (collard, BTW :awinky: ) but when I was a kid I had the flu, ate some, they came back up and I've had trouble getting them ever since. :(

princess
01-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Actually it's suspose to be both. Gotta throw the black eyed peas in there too..

And you know Peaches.. I think that's a traditon that did actually start in Georgia.. At least we're famous for something huh?

:inlove:

gregtx
01-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Happy New Year JFK, Peaches, and Princess.. see ya in a few

Billy
01-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Happy New Years !!

JFK see you in Vegas !

Got to go help my mom finish the black eyed peas and cabbage : (

:hic:
I am hurting

JFK
01-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Jan 1 2004, 07:56 AM
Happy New Years !!

JFK see you in Vegas !

Got to go help my mom finish the black eyed peas and cabbage : (

:hic:
I am hurting
I am NOT, into the Mimosas this morning , a New Years day tradition :hic:

Carrie
01-01-2004, 12:36 PM
My mom is a southern gal and she's always done the black-eyed peas thing too. What in the world made people think that some dry, nasty-tasting little bean would bring them luck??

sextoyking
01-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Jfk,

Happy New Year

:bdance: :bwave: :bjump: :cdance:

princess
01-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jan 1 2004, 09:44 AM
My mom is a southern gal and she's always done the black-eyed peas thing too. What in the world made people think that some dry, nasty-tasting little bean would bring them luck??
I for one don't eat them.. nasty! I'll just have to make my luck ya know?

greg hon! I soo can't wait!

:inlove:

Peaches
01-01-2004, 04:48 PM
I LOVE black eyed peas! :zoinks: And then there's Hoppin' John which is black eyed peas and rice. You folks must not have tried the GOOD black eyed peas. :P

Hell Puppy
01-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 1 2004, 04:56 PM
I LOVE black eyed peas! :zoinks: And then there's Hoppin' John which is black eyed peas and rice. You folks must not have tried the GOOD black eyed peas. :P
They just dont know how to do it southern style and get no flavor in it.

Southern cooking means if you're cooking something healthy, like say green beans for instance, you throw some fatty pig meat in the pot to add some flavor.

Or okra....batter it with some corn meal and FRY it.

Peas benefit from some pig meat in the pot, get 'em nice and soupy and soft and then pour 'em over crumbled up corn bread and season with some home made pepper sauce.

Peaches
01-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jan 1 2004, 09:03 PM
They just dont know how to do it southern style and get no flavor in it.

Southern cooking means if you're cooking something healthy, like say green beans for instance, you throw some fatty pig meat in the pot to add some flavor.
My brother and I were laughing over the holidays that we were adults before we knew green beans actually WERE green and not gray with little pieces of pork attached to them. :rokk: