PDA

View Full Version : Woman gets a ticket for being naked on the net....

sarettah
12-30-2003, 09:15 AM
http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com...&partnerID=1664 (http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=USATODAY.com+-+Woman+ticketed+for+appearing+naked+on+Internet&expire=&urlID=8643391&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Ftech%2Fnews%2F 2003-12-30-naked-lincolnite_x.htm&partnerID=1664)

Woman ticketed for appearing naked on Internet
By Kevin O'Hanlon, Associated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. — It may be legal to appear naked in cyberspace, but police ticketed a Lincoln woman Monday for posting nude pictures of herself on the Web that were taken in downtown bar.
"It's unlawful to be naked in public in Lincoln," said police chief Tom Casady.

Melissa J. Harrington, 21, was ticketed for violating Lincoln's public nudity ordinance by posting pictures on her Web site "showing her naked at one of our downtown bars and in several other locations around the city," Casady said.

"They're not going to stop me from doing what I'm doing. I enjoy what I do and they really don't have any grounds now to go off of," to prosecute the case, she said.

Harrington, who works as a Web designer at a local bank, says on her Web site that she likes "being naked in public ... even more when there's a lot of people there to watch."

Her Web site is linked to another which shows explicit pictures of women who purportedly are college students in Nebraska.

Casady said no one has been ticketed in connection with those pictures because it is not apparent where they were taken.

"Some of them are clearly stock photos that someone has gotten from some place else," he said. "Some of them, you just can't tell where they are."

In Harrington's case, Casady said it is obvious that the photos were taken inside the Marz Intergalactic Shrimp and Martini Bar.

Mike AI
12-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Yeah that guy NeCoeds who posts on GFY all the time.

I hope he is smart enought to ask lensman to take down the photos/threads about him getting girls stoned/drunk and taking photos
of them.

If not, this may be just the start.

kath
12-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Dec 30 2003, 06:43 AM

I hope he is smart enought to ask lensman to take down the photos/threads about him getting girls stoned/drunk and taking photos
of them.

I was just reading about this on CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/12/30/offbeat.naked.web.ticket.ap/index.html)

Unfortunately it's guys like this that catch media attention... the same ones that folks refer to when they say "one person ruined it for everyone else" - at least this time we have a name for that person instead of just *wondering* who that idiot was.

I can just see other places/cities/towns that have such ordinances, known local web cam girls and lots of free time on their hands to review all the material and make charges on it following suit. Can you imagine the cop that gets put on "web cam duty?" They've been having recruiting problems for years - something like this might garner more interest in law enforcement. lol :zoinks:

JR
12-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Dec 30 2003, 06:43 AM

of them.

i agree. i have told him a couple times that they are just starting as well. the dumber thing is his efforts to turn this into a national news item... and then force the law enforcement in Lincoln to go on the defensive against an easy target. what is the prosecutor and police department in Lincoln going to do when they now see that they are all over the news everywhere for something seemingly trivial?.... usually they will start digging for something more incriminating

that guy has done and said some pretty questionable shit and i think its ALL going to come back to haunt him

Carrie
12-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by JR@Dec 30 2003, 12:05 PM
that guy has done and said some pretty questionable shit and i think its ALL going to come back to haunt him
Can I get an AMEN?
I doubt the prosecution will accept the "oh I was just joking" excuse to getting underage (for drinking) girls drunk and high as readily as the GFY crowd seems to accept it.