PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE buying presents

Peaches
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
..I hate wrapping them. :( I don't have the patience for it and I about 50 different presents to wrap all sitting there nice and neat next to all the wrapping paper, tape, scissors and bows. Everyone can always pick out my presents under the tree because of my rushed wrapping jobs. :P I bought some "gift bags" this year to cheat a bit, but still.....I keep putting it off and trying to find other things to do (like work :awinky: )

$1000 to anyone who will come here and have everything wrapped by midnight*

*This offer does NOT extend to anyone already living in my house

TeenGodFather
12-24-2003, 03:10 PM
My family has a nice tradition. I buy my uncle and aunt a present.. and they give me an envelope with cash. I netted €1500 today. I love christmas.

Peaches
12-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by TeenGodFather@Dec 24 2003, 04:18 PM
My family has a nice tradition. I buy my uncle and aunt a present.. and they give me an envelope with cash. I netted €1500 today. I love christmas.
My Dad gives us all cash. B) But we are freaks for gifts. I'll take a picture tomorrow (and it won't even be all the presents because we're having ANOTHER one on the 26th).

When someone marries into the family, they're always amazed that we will buy just about anything throughout the year and wrap it up. My mother's the worst. She has an entire room of "things" that she sorts through every year and designates who gets what. We will all get at least 15 different presents from her. :P

TeenGodFather
12-24-2003, 03:21 PM
We're not too much into presents. There's no kids in my family.
My entire bloodline is 5 people. My mom, aunt, uncle, my cousin and me.
my cousin being the youngest at 21. lol.. so we don't usually shop at toys 'r us.
My dog got the most presents this year, I think like 10 packages.. he was in exstacy when he opened his gifts. lol.

The best part of xmas is eating. I love xmas foods, smoked salmon, herring some goose liver, fish eggs.. and that's just the starters, then ham and other goodies on top ahh.. I can barely move and my arteries hurt.

ulfie
12-24-2003, 03:26 PM
What did you get for me?

Carrie
12-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Peaches... Wal-Mart. Colored tissue paper and those pretty gift boxes. They come in all sizes now, not just "shirt size", and they've got gorgeous decorations on the outside that people want to keep and frame; it's like getting two gifts!

I usually end up wrapping those too though, I'm just a wrapping nut.

Peaches
12-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Dec 24 2003, 04:34 PM
What did you get for me?
I bought all the males in the family a Mag Lite :) Oh, and I made them all a homemade Christmas tree ornament. You may pick yours up when you're here. :okthumb:

Peaches
12-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Dec 24 2003, 05:01 PM
Peaches... Wal-Mart. Colored tissue paper and those pretty gift boxes. They come in all sizes now, not just "shirt size", and they've got gorgeous decorations on the outside that people want to keep and frame; it's like getting two gifts!

I usually end up wrapping those too though, I'm just a wrapping nut.
Yeah, I saw those and even picked up a few, but I know I'll end up wrapping them anyway. We're just a family that enjoys unwrapping stuff. :)

When I was married, my Ex's mother would take a gift box and completely wrap it separately so you could take the top off w/o actually unwrapping the gift. Kinda took all the fun out it, but they were great to reuse when giving gifts back to them. :P

Peaches
12-24-2003, 03:59 PM
OK, I just put up some horribly tacky insulating plastic on the sliding glass doors in my bedroom - THAT'S how desperate I am to avoid wrapping....

BTW, does anyone have any suggestions for that? All my other doors and windows are double paned and surrounded by wood, but I have three sets of sliding glass doors which are metal and not double paned and it gets VERY cold in those rooms because of them. I had vertical blinds in my old house which I suppose helped but I HATED them, :(

ulfie
12-24-2003, 05:14 PM
That plastic crap doesn't do anything except stopping drafts. It has an R value of around 0 so it basically keeps you from feeling the wind but has no insulating effect. The best solution is to replace the doors with more energy efficient ones but I can't believe you are even crying about this since you live in GA. Come live in my world for a few days and we'll talk about energy effeciency. ;)

Peaches
12-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Dec 24 2003, 06:22 PM
That plastic crap doesn't do anything except stopping drafts. It has an R value of around 0 so it basically keeps you from feeling the wind but has no insulating effect. The best solution is to replace the doors with more energy efficient ones but I can't believe you are even crying about this since you live in GA. Come live in my world for a few days and we'll talk about energy effeciency. ;)
Hey now, it got down to below 0 several days last year!

And let's not forget, houses here weren't BUILT for low temps. My ex was from MD and couldn't believe that pipes froze and burst here because the pipes up there are buried in the ground. And I get the extra whammy because I can't add insulation anywhere due to the logs and the exposed beam ceilings so I have do what I can. :(

Thanks for the info on the plastic though - now I can take that crappy stuff down w/o feeling bad about it. :okthumb:

Lisa
12-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Wrapping is a must in our family...if only cos without wrapping paper we couldn't have our traditional paper fight after all the unwrapping is done! The kids love being able to throw stuff at their parents and grandparents. ;)

That was one of the family traditions that developed when my family blended with my stepfathers family.

The other is the veggie swap. Mum gave up remembering who eats what roast vegies at xmas, so she serves up every plate exactly the same (two pieces roast potato, one piece roast sweet potato, one piece roast pumpkin, one roast onion). Then as soon as everyone is seated it's mayhem. Everyone yelling down and across the tables, trying to swap the vegies they dont' like for the ones they do. :rokk:

Christmas morning here already, Happy Christmas everyone! :)

ulfie
12-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I would like to wake up with Lisa and Peaches wrapped up under my tree. :P

Winetalk.com
12-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Dec 24 2003, 05:40 PM
seems like I am not the only one in love with good butts
;-)))

ulfie
12-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 24 2003, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 24 2003, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ulfie@Dec 24 2003, 05:40 PM
seems like I am not the only one in love with good butts
;-)))[/b][/quote]
I dig women that are smarter than me. If they have a nice but, nice boobs, or a sexy accent it's just an added bonus. :)

Hell Puppy
12-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Just one more reason I love Amazon....they'll wrap stuff before they ship it.

Now if they'd just go back to giving a few different selections of wrapping paper. Not only do you get no choice, they're using the same boring pattern they had last year.