PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Poll

123Jason
12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
As we get into the heart of this holiday season, it's important to remember those less fortunate than ourselves. Of course, people remember this more during the holiday season, but forget that poverty and hardship are not seasonal. It's also important to remember this all year.

Just out of curiosity I'd like to run a little poll:

What is your favorite charity and why?

Winetalk.com
12-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 123Jason@Dec 19 2003, 11:58 AM
As we get into the heart of this holiday season, it's important to remember those less fortunate than ourselves. Of course, people remember this more during the holiday season, but forget that poverty and hardship are not seasonal. It's also important to remember this all year.

My family

sarettah
12-19-2003, 12:12 PM
I tend to not have a favorite per se (except for home of course), but I do give to various individuals and organizations as suits me at the time.......

kath
12-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Okay... guess I'll start...

We donate a lot of time & money throughout the year to a local homeless shelter. Believe it or not there are a lot of homeless wandering the streets out here in the desert - even in 125+ degree summers. Most are - from what we've learned - released *mild* mental patients from a hospital that closed down in our area several years ago. They really just have no place to go.

We also donate to several military, police and firefighters' organizations a few times a year and participate in the Hug-A-Bear foundation program run by the California State Peace Officers' Associations.

We don't do as much as we would like to - but we do what we can.

Vick
12-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 19 2003, 12:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 19 2003, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--123Jason@Dec 19 2003, 11:58 AM

My family[/b][/quote]
:okthumb: Bingo

Charity starts at home!

Winetalk.com
12-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Dec 19 2003, 12:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Dec 19 2003, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 19 2003, 12:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--123Jason@Dec 19 2003, 11:58 AM

My family
:okthumb: Bingo

Charity starts at home![/b][/quote]
...and no middle men,
no administration costs,
and you see "cause & effect" right away
;-)))

Mike AI
12-19-2003, 12:55 PM
I give a lot to the local Children's Hospital. I also created a scholarhip at my High School, which I continue to fund.

Peaches
12-19-2003, 01:51 PM
A few:
Empty Stocking Fund
Breast Cancer
MADD
Boy's Town

I have more return address labels than I know what do with. :unsure: