PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Insurgency

Buff
12-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Obviously, if you're an Iraqi insurgent, you're in a bit of a pickle right now.

You've got a really bad PR problem. You need to do something about that, or your people are going to give up and start melting back into the civilian population. But Hussein's captured, and you don't know what he's telling us. I'm sure he wasn't tightly involved with your organization, but you don't know what he knows, and therefore don't know which of your assets are compromised and which aren't. So the smart thing for you to do would be to put your near-term activities on hold, sever contact with the outside, and wait for most of the shit to roll downhill.

But again, there's that PR problem. Wait, and your movement might very well be dead by the time you get around to doing anything with it.

Therefore you're in the unpleasant position of having to implement plans that aren't ready, involving people and places that we might already know about, with people of unknown reliability.

Prediction: A month or so of elevated, but frequently confused and cluster-fuckish terrorist activity, at which point the insurgency will fall off markedly.

KRL
12-14-2003, 07:44 PM
You have to look at the mindset of the "jihad" crowd. Saddam was the leader. He called all Islamic extremists to a fight to the death "jihad" against the US.

A leader of a Jihad does not hide in a hole with rats and give up without a fight. By surrending like a total pussycat he just dishonored and discraced all the followers who he called on for support.

That's a major no no with that crowd. I think you'll see the fall off happen extremely fast now. Probably a few stragglers who have nothing better to do than blow up our troops. But Saddam just shot a hole right through the head of the spirit of the last of his believers.

Nearly all the former leadership is now captured or dead. There is no chance in hell it will ever be able to return. Once the "Eagles" claws dig into the hearts and souls with a new sense of liberty, freedom, justice and democracy, you've got a rebirth of a people and the beginning of a new era that can not be denied.

:salute:

Last edited by KRL at Dec 14 2003, 07:53 PM

Torone
12-15-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 14 2003, 06:52 PM
There is no chance in hell it will ever be able to return. Once the "Eagles" claws dig into the hearts and souls with a new sense of liberty, freedom, justice and democracy, you've got a rebirth of a people and the beginning of a new era that can not be denied.

That's beautiful, man! :salute:

sperbonzo
12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 14 2003, 04:52 PM
You have to look at the mindset of the "jihad" crowd. Saddam was the leader. He called all Islamic extremists to a fight to the death "jihad" against the US.

A leader of a Jihad does not hide in a hole with rats and give up without a fight. By surrending like a total pussycat he just dishonored and discraced all the followers who he called on for support.

That's a major no no with that crowd. I think you'll see the fall off happen extremely fast now. Probably a few stragglers who have nothing better to do than blow up our troops. But Saddam just shot a hole right through the head of the spirit of the last of his believers.

Nearly all the former leadership is now captured or dead. There is no chance in hell it will ever be able to return. Once the "Eagles" claws dig into the hearts and souls with a new sense of liberty, freedom, justice and democracy, you've got a rebirth of a people and the beginning of a new era that can not be denied.

I swear I heard the US national anthem being hummed in the background while reading that! (sniff, sniff) :)

sperbonzo
12-15-2003, 03:39 PM
There are a lot of good things that can happen now....as an insurgent, you can no longer scare Iraqi civilians with the threat that Saddam will come back again and punish anyone who helped the other side

Mike AI
12-15-2003, 03:42 PM
I think there will be of terrorist attacks in Iraq. They will not be from Ba'athists, but rather jihadist - people who do not want the US to be successful in helping Iraq.

OUr best hope will be that the Iraqi people, now knowing that Saddam is in a cell, decide that these jihadist ( most are foreigners) are causing too many problems and start narcing on them. All the 4th ID needs is someone to point a finger - they can handle the rest.

Hunter
12-15-2003, 03:57 PM
They jihadists could care less if we are successful in Iraq they are at war with us, and therefore, where we are is where they want to be, to hurt us. This is not a PR game to them it is about killing as many of us as they can.

Plain and simple.

wig
12-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Hunter@Dec 15 2003, 04:05 PM
Plain and simple.
As I watch you bounce around to certain threads, all with the same basic nonsense, I am struck my the fact that you are exactly that.

:lol:

Hunter
12-15-2003, 06:43 PM
I think you thought that was gonna be a put down but I do not mind being plain or stupid:)

wig
12-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Hunter@Dec 15 2003, 06:51 PM
I think you thought that was gonna be a put down but I do not mind being plain or stupid:)
:blink: Okay

Hunter
12-15-2003, 07:39 PM
At least I am honest with myself:)

Ironhorse
12-16-2003, 02:58 AM
You can safely assume there will be insurgency while there are US troops there and al Queda still about.