PDA

View Full Version : 2 x 5k traffic give away :)

micky-ams
12-12-2003, 09:49 AM
hello all

I am in a good mood :cdance: and I decided to give away 2 times 5 k traffic, maybe not much but its meant nice and might help a little bit and I like this board even though I dont post too often :)

and no - I am not a traffic broker - lol, nor wanting to become one - just have bought some traffic of which I put 400 K on hold and aint using anyway yet, so thought maybe I might make a few guys happy with some of it

All i ask you to do for it is either:

give a good tip/advice ..

or post something you been through yourself and want to prevent others from making the same mistakes

From the replies I will pick two by tomorrow who will get the 5 K each for helping others.

I hope this gets some replies

have a nice day all

michael

ps - traffic is bought from adult-site-traffic ( KC, he's a nice guy ) - I buy a lot of him and overall am happy with his services - and no - this is no spam - I bought and paid for the traffic and have some spare thats just waiting to be used. Use it anyway u want to.
And I am doing the same on the newbie board, no other boards - so plse either post here and not there as well - lol

sarettah
12-12-2003, 09:53 AM
My first tip.......

The difference between a programmer and a GOOD programmer.....

is all in the debug..............

:yowsa:

TeenGodFather
12-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Don't prepay designers/coders. I've ordered 5 items this year,
3 of them are still unfinished (working on them since june/july),
1 I was displeased with and it has not been adjusted according to my plan.
1 was delievered on time with satisfying(thanks webinc).

Ooh booh, now if this was some other overpopulated board roaming with designers they'd all pounce me. I'm a designer myself, and I have also been stiffed by customers a lot (since I do not ask for prepayment usually). I do understand all points of views, I just think dishonest people should be taken behind a barn and shot to the back of their head.

...actually, I'll like to change my advice:
Learn to design and code yourself!
:)
hehe :)

urb
12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
My advice is not to post tips/advice on message boards.....

Seriously, I see loads of people using mouseovers in the wrong way.

onmouseover="window.status='http://www.sponsorsite.com/';return true" onmouseout="self.status='';return true"

looks real in the status bar because of the trailing slash, whereas...

onmouseover="window.status='http://www.sponsorsite.com';return true" onmouseout="self.status='';return true"

looks like a mouseover.

And if you are looking for a mouseover that can beat the right-click test, then this may help....

onmouseover="window.status='http://www.domain.com/';return true;" onfocus="window.status='http://www.domain.com/';return true;" onmouseout="self.status=''

I know it's a subtle thing, but surfers are wise to mouseovers, so anything to make a link look like a normal hyperlink may help to make more sales.

Last edited by urb at Dec 12 2003, 08:41 AM

TeenGodFather
12-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by urb@Dec 12 2003, 08:32 AM
And if you are looking for a mouseover that can beat the right-click test, then this may help....

onmouseover="window.status='http://www.domain.com/';return true;" onfocus="window.status='http://www.domain.com/';return true;" onmouseout="self.status=''

This is a good hint, except if you have a tgp, or other site that has to load very quickly. This increases the amount of html by 100% or so. :)

Fletch XXX
12-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by TeenGodFather@Dec 12 2003, 08:23 AM
Don't prepay designers/coders. I've ordered 5 items this year,

Here my advice.

dont do orders for people without being prepaid.

I have been fucked more than my share by folks who have sad stories about how they got fucked over by a designer, and in the end it was a ploy to fuck over the new designer and the guy had never been fucked over.

The message is: dont deal with shady designers.

After a couple years of dealing with people who think this way, I will never do work for non prepaying people ever again, its simply not worth the headache.

I am prepaid by big sponsors weekly for design work, and have never had a problem with any of them.

Fletch XXX
12-12-2003, 12:04 PM
by prepaid: I mean at least 50%.

I give people the option to pay either 50 or 100% and MANY simply pay me in full.

Maybe its my reputation, who knows, but I would never do business with someone who doesnt want to at least go 50% desposit. It all comes down to who you are doing business with, if the person has no reputation or is shady why risk prepaying them then?

I used to add things to my schedule without a desposit, ended up working hours and hours in a week for someone and not getting paid.

Now, most pay me in full before I even start, and it gets them priority scheduling.

Last edited by Fletch XXX at Dec 12 2003, 09:12 AM

R3K
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
My tip: short and simple, but one of the best tips for the adult internet...

Are ya ready?

Perception IS Reality

Steam on that one for a while, and thats all ya need, that and a baseball bat.

TeenGodFather
12-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I've lost close to $10k because of orders not being paid. But it's equally, or not even more frustrating to order something, pay and not receive anything... or receive pure shit.

The coders/designers I've ordered from are not 'shady'.. for just some reason they like to delay things or suck donkey balls.

I've always laughed at the designer threads on GFY.. where the designers uncles dog passed away and gazillion other excuses, but it sucks when it happens to you.

sarettah
12-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Advice for newbies...........

avoid anything except pure html until you have your traffic flowing and making some coin for you.

You will waste bandwidth because of the extra load.

You will waste time learning how to code/debug scripts and databases.

time is money.

Learn html. Don't depend on generators.

Don't ever have code in your pages that you don't understand completely what it does and why.

Don't have extra code in your pages, every byte used is another byte of bandwidth and another fraction of a second waiting for the page to load. It all adds up.

Don't waste time on fancy ass graphics. Ugly sells.

Keep your code simple and easy to read, it will pay off the first time you have to go through and change sponsor links.

Practice KISS at every step of the process.

Avoid free hosts, get yourself a real domain on a real server that you have some control over. There is no such thing as a freehost, any freehost out there is making money somehow and usually it is from your pocket.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

micky-ams
12-12-2003, 07:33 PM
thanks !

real nice so far :purpdance: :bdance:

keep em coming

:redance:

Hell Puppy
12-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Dont play ping pong with anyone who is Chinese.

Dont play poker with anyone whose first name is a city.

Dont play chess or piss with a Russian.

urb
12-13-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TeenGodFather@Dec 12 2003, 08:54 AM
This is a good hint, except if you have a tgp, or other site that has to load very quickly. This increases the amount of html by 100% or so. :)
I use it only on sponsor banners. :)

TGPs are probably better done with one piece of code to keep the status bar nice and busy.

TheEnforcer
12-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Diversify, diversify, diverisfy!!

You need MULTIPLE income streams. Don't rely on just one or two sponsors or EVEN TYPES of income streams ( ie- only TGP's, AVs etc) and maybe even more importantly markets (mainstream vs adult). You've got to protect yourself from others AND you need to protect yourself from yourself and this is one MAJOR way you can do it!!

It's been said before but it bears repeating--

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Don't be afraid to think outside the box! That may seem to contradict the KISS principle but it most certainly does not. Some of the best money making ideas came from a simplefication of a current model.

Don't be afraid to take risks and if you do what I described above you can afford to take more of them.

Don't be afraid of failure or get discouraged when you do take a risk or start a new project and it doesn't work the way you hoped. You may be able to refine it and even if not you LEARNED something in the process. Use that and move on.

TheEnforcer
12-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Dec 12 2003, 04:48 PM
Don't waste time on fancy ass graphics. Ugly sells.

My absolute favorite of the ones listed there. :rokk:

Nothing better than a GREAT text link to get a click IMHO.

YOU CAN learn how to write great text links. You may not ever become great at it but it will GREATLY help to increase your signups. VISIT the sites you promote. There is NOTHING better than a descriptive text that conveys the "feeling and atmoshere" of the site youare promoting.

And don't be afraid to be "funky" in your text.

Promote "under utilized" niches! Everybody and their brother and mother promote teen, amateur, and other common categories. Look at promoting the sites most others don't promote like preggo, watersports, upskirt, voyeur, foot fetish, gay, and more.

gonzo
12-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Dont eat Denver Eggs. They will make your farts strong enough to kill small dogs.

Dont go mud wrasstlin with a pig. Youll just get dirty and the pig will likes it.

Don't not show up in small claims court. It will cost you the 5K default judgement.

Don't fall prey to social engineering.

Don't use a pie pan to stick your 2 meter antenna on.

Don't answer the door to anyone bearing cat food. They will have a court summons.

Don't go into adult ventures with people steeped in mainstream mentalities. You wont get paid.

Don't support the Acadia sellouts. BOYCOTT all companies that have settled with Acadia.

TeenGodFather
12-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Don't eat yellow snow.

gonzo
12-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TeenGodFather@Dec 13 2003, 04:53 PM
Don't eat yellow snow.
Eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

TeenGodFather
12-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Dec 13 2003, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Dec 13 2003, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TeenGodFather@Dec 13 2003, 04:53 PM
Don't eat yellow snow.
Eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts[/b][/quote]
We don't have almost any doughnut stores in finland. :(

gonzo
12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TeenGodFather+Dec 13 2003, 05:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeenGodFather @ Dec 13 2003, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@Dec 13 2003, 02:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--TeenGodFather@Dec 13 2003, 04:53 PM
Don't eat yellow snow.
Eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
We don't have almost any doughnut stores in finland. :([/b][/quote]
Nick would die of starvation.

TeenGodFather
12-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 13 2003, 02:19 PM

Nick would die of starvation.
Well.. for me, it's just another reason to get the fuck out of here. :)
IF only I would graduate some fine day.

FX2.0
12-14-2003, 12:19 AM
tip.
Don't pay any attention to anyone who posts on this topic.... :groucho:

micky-ams
12-14-2003, 07:20 AM
Hello all and thanks for answering to my thread and little give away

Some great tips :)

Specially gonzo's, Hell Puppy's and TeenGodFather's :purpdance:

made my day - and got me laughing, thanks guys :)

FX2.0: nice as well

After long discussions and fighting over who gave the best tips with my expert staff ( two dogs, a cat and two horses )

we decided to give the traffic to sarettah and TheEnforcer for their nice tips.

Congrats both and thanks for answering on this thread :)

Plse hit me up on ICQ ( 239319955 ) and I will give you a link to fill in your url and stuff and the traffic will be send :rokk:

Have a wonderfull day all and take care

Michael

TheEnforcer
12-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Why thank you sir, greatly appreciated. :okthumb:

sarettah
12-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Just saw this.....

Thanx Mickey :)

But, seeing as I don't have much use right this second for it, why don't you give it all to Enforcer.....

With my compliments :)

micky-ams
12-14-2003, 11:41 AM
my pleasure :)

and I will get the 10 K to TheEnforcer then :)

can u hit me up plse ?

I added you but u dont show in my list, guess it didnt work, so plse request auth again ?

have a great sunday all of you

michael

TheEnforcer
12-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks much sarettah,

That is very kind of you. Much appreciated.

TheEnforcer
12-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by micky-ams@Dec 14 2003, 11:49 AM
my pleasure :)

and I will get the 10 K to TheEnforcer then :)

can u hit me up plse ?

I added you but u dont show in my list, guess it didnt work, so plse request auth again ?

have a great sunday all of you

michael
Got ya in my list and sent a message. I'll try and add you again and see what happens though I'll be in and out today because of NFL football. HUGE week for my Packers and there are two games besides my beloved Packers I need to keep an eye on.

gonzo
12-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by micky-ams@Dec 14 2003, 07:28 AM
Hello all and thanks for answering to my thread and little give away

Some great tips :)

Specially gonzo's, Hell Puppy's and TeenGodFather's :purpdance:

made my day - and got me laughing, thanks guys :)

FX2.0: nice as well

After long discussions and fighting over who gave the best tips with my expert staff ( two dogs, a cat and two horses )

we decided to give the traffic to sarettah and TheEnforcer for their nice tips.

Congrats both and thanks for answering on this thread :)

Plse hit me up on ICQ ( 239319955 ) and I will give you a link to fill in your url and stuff and the traffic will be send :rokk:

Have a wonderfull day all and take care

Michael
Another class act! Nice thread and then a nice show of goodwill sarettah!
As tight as traffic is these days for a lot of people I bow to both of you for your good actions.

You dont see this kind of thing going on at GFY.

micky-ams
12-14-2003, 08:00 PM
:okthumb:

Thanks for those nice words Gonzo :)

It was a pleasure to do and I had the traffic waiting and couldnt use it at this moment anyway, so why not make some one else with it instead ?

:purpdance:

It got us some good tips and a cple of smiles - what more do we need ?

Just really hope its brings some good sales or trades to TheEnforcer.

And a thanks to sarettah as well for the nice gesture :bdance:

take care and have a great week all :)

michael