PDA

View Full Version : Password Blocking

Porsche Lynn
12-07-2003, 03:16 PM
I have been looking at Ip / password blocking solutions any one have any great ideas, we have a server installed program. I was looking at a cgi script called web nazi.
Anyone have any advice?

Hell Puppy
12-07-2003, 03:34 PM
We kicked this one around a bit recently in another thread:

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?a...=ST&f=13&t=7646 (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=7646)

Porsche Lynn
12-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks I will go take a look

Kacy
12-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Porsche :)

I replied to you in the other thread on this same subject, but I don't understand something. I checked out where you are hosted and to my knowledge that host provides you with Password Sentry, do they not? While I personally do not think that program is best around, still it is something. Is it not working for you and have you asked them to help you if you still having issues with password trading and or hacking?

Last edited by Kacy at Dec 7 2003, 07:37 PM

Mike AI
12-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Pennywise does a pretty good job.

We have developed a script that is based on Mysql, and we have not had any problem since. The scripts cannot be run against it, and thus passwords do not get out.

Oh and Ms. Lynn welcome to Oprano, I have been a big fan since I was young.... :D

Billy
12-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Mike the next thing you know is you are going to be asking Porsche Lynn if you can go to the after party (AVN) with her : )

codymc12
12-10-2003, 09:19 PM
We use iprotect as a server level solution, and it works well for us.

In the past, we used stop that hacker, which is a script solution, and it worked.

Porsche Lynn
12-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Correct I spoke with the hosting company and they do have a protection 5 ips in five minuites which works ok for a mass invasion, but not one or too drifting in. One problem that we have solved is online checks. I found out the other day, that if you have Ibill there is a way in with checking that is not seen by the cmi. The password goes into the access file and stays there, it does not get deleted during refresh, I have taken check acces off the sites untill this is fixed i called ibill and left them a nice message.

I understand all the time there is someone wanting to get in they will allways try we see attacks on the cgi bin everyday.