View Full Version : Is Everybody Going Broke?

Hooper
12-05-2003, 12:24 PM
wtf is going on???

about 20% of the programs we do business with seem to be going under.

One is just now paying us for traffic from July.

A few just havent sent checks and i dont expect that they ever will.

Matrix content clearly has problems because they are having to work out payment plans for small debts to my designer.

And still one program, very well known, used to advertise here even owes us 20k and is begging for a payment extension into January when they are already 7 months over due!

Manage your finances people! This is business not a fucking circus!

IMHO 2004 will see the fall of 50% of the programs that are currently around. It's time for a house cleaning!

Anybody else here experiencing the same thing?

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 12:32 PM
wtf is going on???

Matrix content clearly has problems because they are having to work out payment plans for small debts to my designer.

And still one program, very well known, used to advertise here even owes us 20k and is begging for a payment extension into January when they are already 7 months over due!

IMHO 2004 will see the fall of 50% of the programs that are currently around. It's time for a house cleaning!

well....we are also owed $4000 by one of the former sponsors of Oprano, you are in a good company, Hooper.

I'm leaving the country, so, I have no idea how this debt be collected...
;-)))
:matey:

Trev
12-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Names would be good... c'mon you know you want to :redance:

Hooper
12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
i've seen too many self fulfilling prophecies.

i'll name names once they pay me, otherwise everybody might try to collect at once and i wont get mine! :)

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 12:50 PM

i'll name names once they pay me, otherwise everybody might try to collect at once and i wont get mine! :)
Hooper, quoting MikeAI,
"you can't squeeze the blood out of the turnip"
;-)))

wanna play
"Name this tune"?

I put one letter, yopu another, those who can come up with the full name from 2 notes,
win avaluable prize!
;-))

Trev
12-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 12:50 PM

Hooper, quoting MikeAI,
;-)))

wanna play
"Name this tune"?

I put one letter, yopu another, those who can come up with the full name from 2 notes,
win avaluable prize!
;-))[/b][/quote]
I love games... count me in :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Dec 5 2003, 12:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Dec 5 2003, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 07:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 12:50 PM

Hooper, quoting MikeAI,
;-)))

wanna play
"Name this tune"?

win avaluable prize!
;-))
I love games... count me in :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
we collect $5 from every participant..it's like a lotto
;-))

Hoop, are you owed by Jews or goims?

Hooper
12-05-2003, 12:53 PM
haha. ok. i'll go. their name has an E in it. ;-)

all goims serge. not that jews are any better, just that jews are cheap so they dont tend to get in over their heads to start with :)

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 01:01 PM

all goims serge. not that jews are any better, just that jews are cheap so they dont tend to get in over their heads to start with :)
our deadbeat also has E in it...but he is a Jew!
;_)))

Trev
12-05-2003, 12:57 PM
So we got an 'E'

gimme the next letter and I bet I get it :D

Serge where do I pay my $5?

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Dec 5 2003, 01:05 PM
So we got an 'E'

I'll leave it with you and collect interest on it
;-)))

line form my favorite Brit movie of late, Gangster #1

"Do i look like a CUNT"?
;-)))

Hooper
hmmm... you know what.

i'm not 100% sure that he isnt a jew now that you mention it.

i've heard of this person being a deadbeat with ads on other boards too. :rolleyes:

Winetalk.com
Originally posted by Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 01:08 PM
hmmm... you know what.

i'm not 100% sure that he isnt a jew now that you mention it.

i've heard of this person being a deadbeat with ads on other boards too. :rolleyes:
GFY and Netpond?

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Boards keep their "negative databse" too
;-)))

Trev
12-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 08:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Dec 5 2003, 01:05 PM
So we got an 'E'

;-)))

"Do i look like a CUNT"?
;-)))[/b][/quote]
Hahaha

Ok Serge but whats your APR?

An excellent film choice by the way, a real Brit flick... not like Snatch with Brad (the worst Irish accent in history) Pitt...

Hooper
12-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 01:08 PM
GFY and Netpond?
netpond... dont know about gfy

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Dec 5 2003, 01:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Dec 5 2003, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 08:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Dec 5 2003, 01:05 PM
So we got an 'E'

;-)))

"Do i look like a CUNT"?
;-)))
Hahaha

An excellent film choice by the way, a real Brit flick... not like Snatch with Brad (the worst Irish accent in history) Pitt...[/b][/quote]
Trev, what is APR?

I am in love with McDowell since
Clockwork Orange, Calligula and Oh Lucky man
days
;-)))

Trev
12-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 08:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Trev@Dec 5 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 08:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Dec 5 2003, 01:05 PM
So we got an 'E'

;-)))

"Do i look like a CUNT"?
;-)))
Hahaha

An excellent film choice by the way, a real Brit flick... not like Snatch with Brad (the worst Irish accent in history) Pitt...
Trev, what is APR?

I am in love with McDowell since
Clockwork Orange, Calligula and Oh Lucky man
days
;-)))[/b][/quote]
APR = Annual Percentage Rate

"Calligula" I love that film, especially the part where he gets to sleep with the bride before the husband because it's his right!!

Tonda_WEGCash
12-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Hooper...you can send traffic to WEGCash! We pay on time...every time:)

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 01:21 PM
APR is 25% a year, maximum allowed by the State of New Yoprk laws
;-)))

I enjoyed the scent of him deflowering the groom even more...
ouch!
;-)))

marcus
12-05-2003, 01:52 PM
I've always only promoted large programs like ARS and Top Bucks.

Some people have laughed at me for doing this, but I've never had to wait for a check or wonder if it's on the way.

The very few occasions I've tried promoting small sponsors I've regretted it.

marcus
12-05-2003, 01:55 PM
And I *never* promote a sponsor that has pictures of diamond watches or exotic cars or has "be a Pimp"-anything on their site. It makes me think the company isn't serious.

Trev
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 08:29 PM
APR is 25% a year, maximum allowed by the State of New Yoprk laws
;-)))

25% thats not bad at all... there's legal loan companies charging 29.8% here and some banks as well...

I enjoyed the scent of him deflowering the groom even more...
ouch!
;-)))

I kinda had to turn away for that... I've got a problem with the whole wrong way up a 1 way street thing :blink:

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Dec 5 2003, 02:04 PM

I kinda had to turn away for that... I've got a problem with the whole wrong way up a 1 way street thing :blink:
ask Forest for translation:
zubov boyatsia - v rot ne davat'
;-)))

sextoyking
12-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeppers Hoop, that's what's coming down the pipeline.
----------------

Sunny
12-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Tonda_WEGCash@Dec 5 2003, 10:26 AM
Hooper...you can send traffic to WEGCash! We pay on time...every time:)
hey,

I believe Wegcash is great for sure but you can consider Sunny Dollars - we are not large program but always pay on time because I do all payouts myself :)

Sunny

Jim Holio
12-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 09:32 AM
wtf is going on???

absolutely....

the market is saturated

Gold Rush is over...we are full now....go home if you just stepped off the bus in this biz!

:lol:

Last edited by Jim Holio at Dec 5 2003, 11:47 AM

pimpdog
12-05-2003, 02:53 PM
I know it cant be epiccash, I only owe you $25 :)

Dravyk
12-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 01:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 01:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hooper@Dec 5 2003, 01:01 PM

our deadbeat also has E in it...but he is a Jew!
;_)))[/b][/quote]
Hmmm. One who owes me also has an "E" in it. But I think that one will come through shortly.

Another who owes me has "Content" as part of their company name. I doubt I will ever see that one, as they whine every single month that they can't pay until someone pays them first. Yeah, right. Fuck off!

Another well-known company owes me a good deal of moolah for quite some time now. Plus they've made ducking me into a bloody art form. They had better clean up their act fast unless they want shit raining down on them, as I've about had it at this point.

I'm with you, Hoop. Really sick of people in this industry who can't run their fucking business like a fucking business. They need to be drawn, quartered, disemboweled ... and after that, I'd start getting nasty to them.

Rolo
12-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Yes, industry has been so for the last year or so... Will it end in a "big bang"? :unsure:

cj
12-05-2003, 04:53 PM
can I throw in my 5 bucks and have a guess?!?!?!??!

:P

TeenGodFather
12-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Dec 5 2003, 01:27 PM
Yes, industry has been so for the last year or so... Will it end in a "big bang"? :unsure:
When people get everything they want for free.

..no, wait.. :unsure:

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by cj@Dec 5 2003, 05:01 PM
can I throw in my 5 bucks and have a guess?!?!?!??!

:P
you won!
;-)))

cj
12-05-2003, 05:20 PM
only because he doesn't owe me any money :awinky:

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by cj@Dec 5 2003, 05:28 PM
only because he doesn't owe me any money :awinky:
you see, cherry, there are youngsters worth listening to
;-)))

Monk
12-05-2003, 06:09 PM
hi CJ!!

:inlove: :inlove:

Carrie
12-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Right offhand I don't think there's a program that *doesn't* have an E in it
No wait I just thought of a few... ne'er mind

slavdogg
12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by marcus@Dec 5 2003, 02:00 PM
I've always only promoted large programs like ARS and Top Bucks.

Some people have laughed at me for doing this, but I've never had to wait for a check or wonder if it's on the way.

The very few occasions I've tried promoting small sponsors I've regretted it.
yup, words to live by.

Also fallowing this logic has never done be wrong
"Make friends with the people you do biz with and never do biz with your friends"

cj
12-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Monk@Dec 5 2003, 06:17 PM
hi CJ!!

:inlove: :inlove:
hello chairperson of my fanclub :bwave:

are you ready for a new shipment of 'i love cj' bumper stickers?

BradShaw
12-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Hooper, sorry, check is in the mail. Thanks for the discount on the live show you gave me the other night, $11 for 5 mins was sweet deal!

KRL
12-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Just got to be creative and see opportunities where others don't.

Finishing laying the groundwork for a monster 2004 adapted to the changing times.

Too many people in this biz don't plan ahead.

Timbo
12-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Hoopstein,

We haven't seen anything near 20%.
There are always a couple that are paying late, but not on that percentage level. I hear ya though. Of the ones that are, it's getting a bit old already.

Paul Markham
12-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Did not bother to read some of the replies as they were getting too stupid. But:

We are finding that sales are growing, however we are getting a lot more newsletter emails being returned "No such address" which means there was one and is not now.

I think the Visa 1% is going to weed out a lot of crap and that in the end will be good for the business.

Dianna Vesta
12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Paul Markham@Dec 8 2003, 08:31 AM
Did not bother to read some of the replies as they were getting too stupid. But:

We are finding that sales are growing, however we are getting a lot more newsletter emails being returned "No such address" which means there was one and is not now.

I think the Visa 1% is going to weed out a lot of crap and that in the end will be good for the business.
Paul I don’t think Visa 1% will weed I think it will kill that part of the industry and force us into alternatives. Something that should have been anticipated a year ago. Remember all the discussions about alternate payment options? I’m really surprised no one jumped on that but then again the course has been unpredictable.

I never put all my energy into adult. I always have a non-adult income coming in. I learned this the hard way. I’ll never do that again. At the same time I enjoy working in adult so I guess I’ll ride this wave.

Something that has really been odd is that you have a shit load of people who seem like they want to get involved in creative deals but when it comes down to it they haul ass. I’m getting fucking dizzy with these people. I can’t figure it out really…if it’s business insecurities or lack of knowledge and or funds. I think that few people are willing to take risk today.

On the other hand I seem to be busier with clients who are willing to be creative and innovative. Since I do have other sources of income I’ll work for them on % only because I know I can produce. This is very hard for many people to do today and most certainly a risk. At the same time I see great benefits in these mergers and partnerships. The day of adult internet companies doing everything in-house is quickly dissolving. I’m seeing a lot of this and more owners personally getting involved in the nitty gritty instead of depending on staff to do it. Everything is at stake now.

I keep saying it over and over… it’s going to get far worse before it gets batter. Personally I wouldn’t invest in subscriptions sites today. I’d float them as long as I can but I would be looking far into the future at this point. Beginning to create a new market then waiting for the public to catch up to me. Digital transition- cable, satellite, wireless…all factors in things to come. Running around and trying to bleed what’s worked for the last 5 years is just crazy shit. Let it go.

Did anyone see that article in AVN this month?

A Comeback For Micropayment Systems?

December 1, 2003

NEW YORK - You might have thought the idea disappeared with the dot-com bust, but apparently it's back: A number of companies are said to be thinking the Internet can hit full potential - and they can hit better toward full potential profits - if Netizens could pay small amounts for small amounts of content. http://www.avnonline.com/issues/200312/new..._120103_7.shtml (http://www.avnonline.com/issues/200312/newsarchive/news_120103_7.shtml)

Hooper I think there’s going to be a very small handful of companies that herald a new internet. Complaining about the fatalities and struggling is just futile.

DV