PDA

View Full Version : Don't mess with the OLD FARTS

dantheman
12-05-2003, 09:14 AM
A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop.
The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, "OK old fart, time for you to retire."
The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?"

The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over."
The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop."

The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance old man.
So, just to be fair I will give you a head start."
The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is already about 5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast.

The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by. He grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - He blows the young rooster to bits.
The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, "Dammit... third gay rooster I bought this month."

Moral of this story.... Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 09:17 AM
hahahahahahha,
take notice "Oprano, the New generation"
;-)))

Kittyfuzz
12-05-2003, 09:22 AM
hahahaha That's good! :D

cherrylula
12-05-2003, 09:31 AM
The old vs young argument makes me yawn and lose interest.

Anything else we can argue about? Every discussion around here seems to end like that.

"blah blah yer too young, blah blah, i'm old and wise, blah blah yer a moron and dont know shit"

Need more substance. This generation gap thing isn't working out and I am completely losing faith in message boards as entertainment. Same old same old. I think I might disappear for a while.

dantheman
12-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:39 AM

Anything else we can argue about? Every discussion around here seems to end like that.

"blah blah yer too young, blah blah, i'm old and wise, blah blah yer a moron and dont know shit"

Need more substance. This generation gap thing isn't working out and I am completely losing faith in message boards as entertainment. Same old same old. I think I might disappear for a while.
cherry,it's just a joke sweety :)

Peaches
12-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 10:39 AM

Apparently a sense of humor increases as we age! :P

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:39 AM

ahhh...she was so young....
;-))))

youngsters today has no stemina whatsoever
;-))))

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 5 2003, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 5 2003, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 10:39 AM

Apparently a sense of humor increases as we age! :P[/b][/quote]
:okthumb:

how true!
;-))))

cherrylula
12-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh I know your post is a joke, and I don't mean my what I said to be taken personally by anyone here. Its just my opinion.

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:45 AM
Oh I know your post is a joke, and I don't mean my what I said to be taken personally by anyone here. Its just my opinion.
think of the future, kiddo, and what your opinion would be, let's say, 15 years from now
;-)))

we KNOW where you getting, either you like it or not
;-))))

MikeFold
12-05-2003, 09:45 AM
"....the 2 yoots....."

"......did you say ..yoot?....."

"....what?...."

".......what's a yoot?....."

:yowsa:

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MikeFold@Dec 5 2003, 09:53 AM

".......what's a yoot?....."

hahahahahahahaha
;-)))))

dantheman
12-05-2003, 09:49 AM
haha, hey mike,you up for some late night pool this year in vegas?. I hope RB has been working on his game :)

LadyLaw
12-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 09:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:45 AM
think of the future, kiddo, and what your opinion would be, let's say, 15 years from now
;-)))

;-))))[/b][/quote]
Blind Seer: You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysses Everett McGill: The treasure is still there boys, believe me.
Delmar O'Donnell: But how'd he know about the treasure?
Ulysses Everett McGill: I don't know Delmar. The blind are reputed to possess sensitivities compensating for their lack of sight, even to the point of developing paranormal psychic powers. Now, clearly seeing into the future would fall into neatly into that category; its not so surprising then that an organism deprived of its earthly vision ...
Pete: He said we wouldn't get get it. He said we wouldn't get the treasure we seek on account of our ob-stac-les.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well what the hell does he know, he's just an ignorant old man?

:rolleyes:

cherrylula
12-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 5 2003, 06:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 5 2003, 06:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:45 AM
;-)))

;-))))[/b][/quote]
Yes I understand Serge.

But unless Labret is ripping into people or TGF is posting sexy pics of himself its just not much fun.

If I wanted to bicker with old people I have a family filled with them.

Again, nothing personal to those with years up on me, its just not that exciting to participate in discussions with them. Nobody to blame for the differences either.

Where's the board for childless atheist pot smoking webmasters who like punk rock and just want to post during uploads or for a little toxic entertainment?

Peaches
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 11:18 AM
But unless Labret is ripping into people or TGF is posting sexy pics of himself its just not much fun.
Is there someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to participate in or even read the posts here? :zoinks:

Where's the board for childless atheist pot smoking webmasters who like punk rock and just want to post during uploads or for a little toxic entertainment?
Michael started this board when he wanted something different than what was out there. Why not start your own board? :)

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 10:18 AM

and how many years have you been on the net you said?
couldn't find one in all those years?
or did you check them all and ended up on Oprano because you did?
;-))

Cherry,
posting on Oprano is like walking on thin ice,
you should weight your every step carefully or you go under water fast
;_)))

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 5 2003, 10:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 5 2003, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 11:18 AM
Is there someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to participate in or even read the posts here? :zoinks:

[/b][/quote]
yes..Fletch does...he holds his "gun"
;-))))

Vick
12-05-2003, 10:17 AM
But unless Labret is ripping into people
How about when he who will not be named is getting ripped by everyone :P
Which is about 95% of the time, give or take a little

I had to do it

edit - p.s. Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway

Last edited by Vick at Dec 5 2003, 10:27 AM

cherrylula
12-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Well thanks for backing up my point guys. And thanks for the suggestion peaches, who knows what the future may bring.

I suppose if I need board entertainment that bad I will have to create my own, somehow. Otherwise its back to work for the time being.

LadyMischief
12-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Hahahah that's a great joke!! :)

Trev
12-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 05:18 PM
http://chat.yahoo.com

ok who's pissed with L_ensman?

changing fucking URL's.... this is getting piss poor!

Last edited by Trev at Dec 5 2003, 07:21 PM

TheEnforcer
12-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Hahahah!! I see someone is a fan of the movie My Cousin Vinny!! :okthumb:

MikeFold
12-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Dec 5 2003, 02:46 PM
that scene is definitely in my personal
Top 10 of ALL time......
(as is the movie)

Fred Gwynne was perfect as the Alabama Judge

Bishop
12-05-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MikeFold+Dec 5 2003, 04:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MikeFold @ Dec 5 2003, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TheEnforcer@Dec 5 2003, 02:46 PM
that scene is definitely in my personal
Top 10 of ALL time......
(as is the movie)

Fred Gwynne was perfect as the Alabama Judge[/b][/quote]

Fred Gwynne - yeah I ran across that movie awhile back on tv.. funny. For whatever reason I went looking online for other movies he had been in.. I remembered Pet Cemetary. Discovered that he had died a few years back. That sucked. He was well suited to that role.

cj
12-05-2003, 04:46 PM
:bwave:

Cherry, the young/old crap is nothing new at oprano - its been here since the beginning & it will be here as long as serge is around ...

The one thing the old folks seem to miss is that a moron is a moron no matter what the age!

If its any consolation though, its nice growing up around people who know something you don't ... much better than being the king of fools ;-)

SykkBoy
12-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LadyLaw+Dec 5 2003, 09:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyLaw @ Dec 5 2003, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 5 2003, 09:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--cherrylula@Dec 5 2003, 09:45 AM
;-)))

;-))))
Blind Seer: You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysses Everett McGill: The treasure is still there boys, believe me.
Delmar O'Donnell: But how'd he know about the treasure?
Ulysses Everett McGill: I don't know Delmar. The blind are reputed to possess sensitivities compensating for their lack of sight, even to the point of developing paranormal psychic powers. Now, clearly seeing into the future would fall into neatly into that category; its not so surprising then that an organism deprived of its earthly vision ...
Pete: He said we wouldn't get get it. He said we wouldn't get the treasure we seek on account of our ob-stac-les.
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well what the hell does he know, he's just an ignorant old man?

:rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
hahahah, I loved that movie...Homer's "Oddessy" set in the rural 30's backed by bluegrass music and those oh so sexy "sireens".......

"O Brother Where Art Thou" is one of my favorite movies

Peaches
12-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Dec 5 2003, 06:14 PM
Ditto!

(I have to bring up whenever I agree with you on a movie, since most of the ones you like I've never heard of :awinky: )

Winetalk.com
12-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 5 2003, 05:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 5 2003, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Dec 5 2003, 06:14 PM
Ditto!

(I have to bring up whenever I agree with you on a movie, since most of the ones you like I've never heard of :awinky: )[/b][/quote]
one of ours favorite as well!
:okthumb:

SykkBoy
12-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 5 2003, 05:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 5 2003, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SykkBoy@Dec 5 2003, 06:14 PM
Ditto!

(I have to bring up whenever I agree with you on a movie, since most of the ones you like I've never heard of :awinky: )[/b][/quote]
If you like that one and haven't seen some of the other Coen Brothers movies, I suggest "Blood Simple", "The Man Who Wasn't There", "Barton Fink" and "Intolerable Cruelty" (which is still in theaters). While I didn't care for it, a lot of people consider "Raising Arizona" their best effort.

Peaches
12-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Dec 5 2003, 08:02 PM
If you like that one and haven't seen some of the other Coen Brothers movies, I suggest "Blood Simple", "The Man Who Wasn't There", "Barton Fink" and "Intolerable Cruelty" (which is still in theaters). While I didn't care for it, a lot of people consider "Raising Arizona" their best effort.
OK, put the three besides "Man who wasn't there" (saw it and liked it - didn't love it, but liked it :awinky: ) on Netflix. But I DID love Raising Arizona. B)