PDA

View Full Version : I Figured Out I Have Saved 48 Days Of My Life

Fletch XXX
12-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Working from home has kicked ass for one major thing, NO MORE LA TRAFFIC for me.

I used to sit in traffic everyday for a t least one hour, 6 days a week working for someone else.

So, just now in traffic from a friends house, i calculated it.

1 hours a day, 6 days a week = 24 hours in a month.

48 months in 4 years = 48 full days of time i saved.

And my commute was only a 30 min each way commute, I know people who commute 1-2 hours each way to work.

Man how many days of your life have you wasted sitting in traffic?

Peaches
12-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Fletch XXX@Dec 3 2003, 07:55 PM
Man how many days of your life have you wasted sitting in traffic?
Very few. I have always either worked at home full or part time and/or made sure I worked hours where I wouldn't be in traffic. Most of my "traffic" wasting days are on personal things. Since I carry a gun in my car, I would probably be one of those road rage folks if I sat in traffic 1-3 hours a day since I have such a short attention span. :P

When my SIL was working outside the house, she took language lesson (French and Spanish) and book tapes to keep her busy in traffic. She loved it and said she really misses that time, lol!

cj
12-03-2003, 07:07 PM
If only you had done something more useful than posting on boards with those 48 days ............ :cryin:

marcus
12-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Is working from home a blessing or what?

Sometimes I'm coming home at 7 am while people are leaving for work and I remember how much it sucked to have to do that everyday.

for me it was taking 2 busses and then the subway just to get to work.

Thank God I don't have to do that crap anymore.
God bless the internet.

marcus
12-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I don't even own an alarm clock anymore.
hahaha

Fletch XXX
12-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by marcus@Dec 3 2003, 04:40 PM
hahaha
hell yeah, but be honest, do you get up earlier now?

i use to struggle to be to work at 9am, now i get up at 8 am without an alarm, sometimes earlier, 7 or so.

the birds usually wake me up

hahaha

marcus
12-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Fletch XXX+Dec 3 2003, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fletch XXX @ Dec 3 2003, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--marcus@Dec 3 2003, 04:40 PM
hahaha
hell yeah, but be honest, do you get up earlier now?

i use to struggle to be to work at 9am, now i get up at 8 am without an alarm, sometimes earlier, 7 or so.

the birds usually wake me up

hahaha[/b][/quote]
really? I have a close friend who is like that. He gets up at 5 am everyday even though he doesn't have to.

I wish I was a morning person but I'm more of a night person. I only go to bed when I feel tired, which is usually around 6 am'ish.

The birds keep me up when I'm trying to get to sleep hahaha

Last edited by marcus at Dec 3 2003, 04:48 PM

Fletch XXX
12-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by marcus@Dec 3 2003, 04:48 PM

The birds keep me up when I'm trying to get to sleep hahaha
hahaha

I don't sleep much.

I usually pass out between 3-4am every night and am ALWAYS out of bed before 9am.

Candice
12-03-2003, 09:13 PM
well, i'm in the office before 6am and i leave around 3pm so traffice isn't that bad...and i don't waste any of my time... :bjump:

KRL
12-04-2003, 11:48 AM
I lived in LA for 16 years. I'm sure at least 1 hour a day. So that's 5,840 hours worth which works out to 243 days.

:stout:

Fletch XXX
12-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 4 2003, 08:56 AM
I lived in LA for 16 years. I'm sure at least 1 hour a day. So that's 5,840 hours worth which works out to 243 days.

:stout:
Thats a lot of time to be sitting in traffic, imagine doing it in ONE STRETCH.

KRL
12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Yes, and back then I wasn't as calm a driver as I am now. I could have been the national road rage poster boy. I don't want to talk about all the incidences, but lets just say my baseball bat came out a few times with the real idiot drivers after 16 years of enduring the frustrations of LA driving.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fletch XXX
12-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 4 2003, 09:56 AM
Yes, and back then I wasn't as calm a driver as I am now. I could have been the national road rage poster boy. I don't want to talk about all the incidences, but lets just say my baseball bat came out a few times with the real idiot drivers after 16 years of enduring the frustrations of LA driving.

when's the last time you drive here?

I see people tailgating people road rage style almost daily here.

there really isnt a tiome you can leave and drive and not see some guy literally driving next to someone waving the middle finger out the window and saying something along the lines of 'pull over fuckers, ill beat your ass.'

its very bad now, worse since the SUV explosion.

Last edited by Fletch XXX at Dec 4 2003, 11:18 AM

Peaches
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 4 2003, 01:56 PM

Roxanne (Obnoxious Bitch) throws her change at people who piss her off in CA traffic. :P

Fletch XXX
12-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Here's one for you folks.

In California, they dont just get pissed, they kill your pets.

Guy gets in accident with woman, starts screaming at her, reaches in her car, grabs her white puppy and flings him into on coming traffic, dog gets ran over, guy gets 3 years in prison.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNew..._dog010713.html (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/roadrage_dog010713.html)

Getting in an accident is bad enough, but nowdays, you go to get out your car and give someone your insurance papers, and they got a gun uin your face.

Last edited by Fletch XXX at Dec 4 2003, 12:30 PM

KRL
12-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Fletch XXX+Dec 4 2003, 02:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fletch XXX @ Dec 4 2003, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KRL@Dec 4 2003, 09:56 AM

when's the last time you drive here?

I see people tailgating people road rage style almost daily here.

there really isnt a tiome you can leave and drive and not see some guy literally driving next to someone waving the middle finger out the window and saying something along the lines of 'pull over fuckers, ill beat your ass.'

its very bad now, worse since the SUV explosion.[/b][/quote]
Got the hell out of there in '94. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I had a few really bad incidences. Two that escalated pretty bad where we all got out of our cars because the other drivers were deliberately trying to force me off the road for blowing my horn too long and one where a guy got wigged out cause I cut him off and he pulled a gun out and was pointing it out his window at me.

Fletch XXX
12-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by KRL@Dec 4 2003, 12:49 PM
one where a guy got wigged out cause I cut him off and he pulled a gun out and was pointing it out his window at me.

Can you drive in LA for longer than 3 months and not have someone do this to you?

Everytime you merge onto the freeway, some jerk has to slow down and tailgates you or gets along side of you and gives you a look.

I saw a guy a few days ago, driving in the car pool lane, doing about 75, some guys in an SUV comes flying up on him had to be doing 90 or so, starts honking to the guy like get the fuck out the way, the guy behind him jumped out of the car pool lane go along side of him and proceeded to swerve in and out as if to run him into the sidewall then gave him the bird and jumped back in the carpool lane, except IN FRONT of the guy he was behind.

All at average speed of 75+

Leaving the house is an adventure!