PDA

View Full Version : save me looking through the history

General
12-03-2003, 06:04 AM
is FM and CE still going strong ?

MarcD - is he still in the game ?

who does the general webmaster community think is the biggest paysite network now ? how many sign ups a day do they claim to get ?

Winetalk.com
12-03-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by General@Dec 3 2003, 06:12 AM

who does the general webmaster community think is the biggest paysite network now ? how many sign ups a day do they claim to get ?
CE is practically out from the scene, you won't find him on the boards and as you know,
when you are out from the public view...you are out
;-)))

MarcDe IS "Numero Uno" today, followed probably by Lensman who combines income from his paysites with income from GFY.

...and I honestly don't know who is number 3...

could be CEN, except...
joee beleives they make $100,000,000 a year and JB beleives they make $5,000,000...
;-))))

Hooper
12-03-2003, 09:28 AM
python & topbucks are up there and suprisingly maxcash still does a lot of sales from what i hear.

of course all of thie discussion ignores al.

KRL
12-03-2003, 10:16 AM
ARS is stronger than ever. Seems like not as many people are promoting CE these days.

Check out http://www.quickbuck.com also.

Rolo
12-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I think lots of marketshare have been moved in the last couple of years... not many of the "newly rich" are bragging about their numbers, because they fear to attract the bad kind of attention (ripoffs, scammers, doj etc.), and those who have cashed out or lost are probably counting their money waiting for new investments or looking for new jobs at McD...

I would also say ARS is #1, however without knowing their numbers, then I do see the market moving from big to many medium networks for several reasons. So its hard to tell if it will be the same in 1-2 years from now.

Rolo
12-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Another question - what is alot of daily signups (cc + ach) in todays market?

500+
1000+
2000+
3000+
4000+

Anyone doing more than 5000+ daily signups today?

*KK*
12-03-2003, 04:44 PM
That question might be better answered in January or so Dean, after Visa has a few 'discussions' with some folks over their chargeback ratios.

Dravyk
12-04-2003, 01:57 AM
Who will be the talk of the Internext as having gone under? Anyone? No one will disappear? One company? Two? Should be interesting. :unsure:

Almost forgot ... Always good to see the General. :)

General
12-04-2003, 04:37 AM
nice to see marc still going strong he worked very very hard at it in the early days , he was never afraid to have a go.

hi dravyk always good to see you too.

the card schemes are going to make the biz harder and harder over the next few years. i think it is going to take a little while for the banking system to catch up to the internet still. certainly the adult internet is going to be hard during that time but it will bounce back, once proper online banking is fully intergrated and people can easily pay through their banks accounts. the business model may change but the profitability will return. the demand for the product will always we strong and the market always finds a way, doesnt matter what happens the card schemes and the governments cant beat it.

the problems we had with visa were due to our success as a business which ultimately led to our problems , we were punching through 160,000 sign ups a month at one point ( and serge can vouch for that as he handled part of our payroll ) - we were too successful !!! from their the business had to be scaled back to a manageble level and the guys that own it now are still performing well. maybe it is a time to scale back a little and wait and see.

slavdogg
12-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Serge, dont think Lensman is #2 or even in top 5

i'd say top 4 looks like this (in no perticular order)
ars, topbucks, nastydollars, python,

Winetalk.com
12-04-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Dec 4 2003, 05:37 AM
Serge, dont think Lensman is #2 or even in top 5

i'd say top 4 looks like this (in no perticular order)
ars, topbucks, nastydollars, python,
Slav, I take certan comfort in no need to know
;-)))

You are much more familiar with the scene today than me and I won't dispute your info one single bit.

Rolo
12-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Good thing is that evolution is working for us (well those who are willing to adapt), so I´m sure that we will see the next wave. However alot of things needs to be inplace before this happens (I see many of these comming in 2004/2005), and it might also be nice with something or someone to rise the price to be in the game (let it be higher bank fees, new laws from goverments or $25 Oprano fee ;-))).

There are new companies, new markets, new products and new business models comming alive - most of them will fail, but a few will make it :okthumb:

BradShaw
12-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Dec 3 2003, 03:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Dec 3 2003, 03:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--General@Dec 3 2003, 06:12 AM

CE is practically out from the scene, you won't find him on the boards and as you know,
;-)))

MarcDe IS "Numero Uno" today, followed probably by Lensman who combines income from his paysites with income from GFY.

could be CEN, except...
joee beleives they make $100,000,000 a year and JB beleives they make $5,000,000...
;-))))[/b][/quote]
Serge, if you think Lens is 2,3,4, or even 5 you have been out of the loop far too long. Python, TCG, top bucks, max cash, Nasty Dollars all make much more than lens a month I bet.

Last edited by BradShaw at Dec 4 2003, 08:40 AM

Winetalk.com
12-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BradShaw+Dec 4 2003, 11:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BradShaw @ Dec 4 2003, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Serge_Oprano@Dec 3 2003, 03:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--General@Dec 3 2003, 06:12 AM

;-)))

could be CEN, except...
;-))))
Serge, if you think Lens is 2,3,4, or even 5 you have been out of the loop far too long. Python, TCG, top bucks, max cash, Nasty Dollars all make much more than lens a month I bet.[/b][/quote]
Brad, you know darn well I was!

ok, I promise, I won't labret anymore and post about things I have no idea about.
Lesson learned.

BradShaw
12-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rolo@Dec 3 2003, 12:52 PM
Another question - what is alot of daily signups (cc + ach) in todays market?

500+
1000+
2000+
3000+
4000+

Anyone doing more than 5000+ daily signups today?
I would imagine that adbucks hilton site was doing 10,000+ join a day. Anyone over 1000 joins a day is a player these days. Doubt that even the biggest guys do more than 2,500 a day.

BradShaw
12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Serge, if we were talking about Ego's lens would be at top of list. But ego's do not always equal income. Look at me, I have a big ego and cleared $1111 last month!

Winetalk.com
12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Dec 4 2003, 11:44 AM
Serge, if we were talking about Ego's lens would be at top of list. But ego's do not always equal income. Look at me, I have a big ego and cleared $1111 last month!
that's not what my sources tell me...and I trust my sources more than you playing pauper on the boards
;_))

*KK*
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I'd think that there are some people doing a bit more than you give them credit for and some doing less. Just a thought tho...

wig
12-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Dec 4 2003, 03:13 PM
I'd think that there are some people doing a bit more than you give them credit for and some doing less. Just a thought tho...
:okthumb:

and that's all I'm gonna say, so don't even ask. :P

TheEnforcer
12-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Dec 4 2003, 11:44 AM
LOL

Sure... you've always had a damn good program Brad and I have little doubt it gives you a very confortable living.

:D

Hooper
12-04-2003, 04:18 PM
my shrink tells me that i should tell myself and oprano that i'm #1