PDA

View Full Version : Dont cause yourself pain or your family

Nbritt
11-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Some who actually know me personaly will know about the battle my Dad has has with cancer. His battle ended this morning at 12:30 am pst when he passed away. So I just want to let everyone know of the things they never want to have to go through. Sunday morning after talking to my fathers doctor I took the burden off my mother by telling the nursing staff at the hospital that they were not to put my Dad on a ventilator and they were not to try to revive him if his heart stops. For the last 24 hours I have doubted my choice and wondered if my Dad was gone because of my decision. It is a hard thing to deal with but I rely on the idea that I took a burden off of my mother that she was not able to handle. Do not let yourself or your family go through this. Take a few moment to donate to any orginazation that fights cancer. I only ask this in memory of my father Charles Cecil Rittenberry

Nbritt

Last edited by Nbritt at Nov 30 2003, 08:06 PM

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Nbritt, my condolences to you...I lost my mother and I am still speechless...
I wish I knew what to say but I don't.

Nbritt
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Nov 30 2003, 08:10 PM
Nbritt, my condolences to you...I lost my mother and I am still speechless...
I wish I knew what to say but I don't.
this I understand, shemp inspired this though which was good my thougts were a bit depressing

Nbritt aka Brian

cj
11-30-2003, 11:09 PM
NBritt, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father & share the pain you are feeling at this moment.

Both of my Grandmother's have passed away from cancer, and my uncle died at the age of 26 from testicular cancer. He had watched his mother battle cancer for 14 years and instantly gave up hope the moment he was diagnosed. He died after only 8 months of battling the disease.

There are really no words to ease the pain of your loss, but you should be incredibly proud of yourself for making such a difficult, selfless decision & take strength from the fact that you saved 2 very special people from more pain & suffering.

My thoughts go out to you and your mother & I hope that your father has found peace.

Carrie
11-30-2003, 11:18 PM
(((((HUGS)))))

Nbritt
11-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by cj@Nov 30 2003, 08:17 PM
NBritt, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father & share the pain you are feeling at this moment.

Both of my Grandmother's have passed away from cancer, and my uncle died at the age of 26 from testicular cancer. He had watched his mother battle cancer for 14 years and instantly gave up hope the moment he was diagnosed. He died after only 8 months of battling the disease.

There are really no words to ease the pain of your loss, but you should be incredibly proud of yourself for making such a difficult, selfless decision & take strength from the fact that you saved 2 very special people from more pain & suffering.

My thoughts go out to you and your mother & I hope that your father has found peace.
My father gave up hope quickly we talked some and he told me about the pain and how he felt, the worst in all this is the affect on my sister who belived that much of this was depression on my dads part because the doctors negelected to tell us of all of the problems. She suffered worse because she belived that his only problem was he was depressed because he had a treatable form of cancer. So this is the whole truth the doctors told my mother the dad had cll cronic lymphoid lukemia which it treatable. For what ever reason ( i hope that it was because they didnt want to create extreame worry or depression) they neglected to tell her that he also had lymphoma (spelling) and that although they did say that a cat scan show there was a possiblility that there was cancer in his splein and liver they still did not mention the lymphomia. We found out later that his splein was greatly enlarged and was closing off his stomach which explained the lack of hunger and the nausea. My sister stood fast with the though my Dad was playing poor me and even expressed this to him. When we found out all the things that the doctors forger or negelected to mention it was to late for my sister to say she was wrong or sorry. I feel more for her then my self and I just want to help others from having to suffer through this please donate what you can to any cancer organization

Nbritt

Fletch XXX
12-01-2003, 12:04 AM
i am named after someone who had skin cancer of the face.

cancer is a pain felt so deep within so many, there is no words... only those who have lost and continually lose loved ones to this disease.

there is nothing i can say, its a very sad truth.

condolences.

cj
12-01-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Nbritt@Nov 30 2003, 11:44 PM
My father gave up hope quickly we talked some and he told me about the pain and how he felt, the worst in all this is the affect on my sister who belived that much of this was depression on my dads part because the doctors negelected to tell us of all of the problems. She suffered worse because she belived that his only problem was he was depressed because he had a treatable form of cancer. So this is the whole truth the doctors told my mother the dad had cll cronic lymphoid lukemia which it treatable. For what ever reason ( i hope that it was because they didnt want to create extreame worry or depression) they neglected to tell her that he also had lymphoma (spelling) and that although they did say that a cat scan show there was a possiblility that there was cancer in his splein and liver they still did not mention the lymphomia. We found out later that his splein was greatly enlarged and was closing off his stomach which explained the lack of hunger and the nausea. My sister stood fast with the though my Dad was playing poor me and even expressed this to him. When we found out all the things that the doctors forger or negelected to mention it was to late for my sister to say she was wrong or sorry. I feel more for her then my self and I just want to help others from having to suffer through this please donate what you can to any cancer organization

Nbritt
It is sad to hear the additional struggles your family relationships had to go through ... its difficult to look back and see all the things you wish you did/said differently - no matter how well we handle things in our life we always wish we did it better.

stay strong

Torone
12-01-2003, 07:55 AM
One of the hardest things in the world to do is to sign a DNR on a loved one...I've been there. Sincerest condolences.