PDA

View Full Version : This is the hotel in Portugal, Serge

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 09:54 AM
Portugal is much like northern Spain, as far as the geographical and terrain. The coastal waters are clear and beautiful. I have a thing for lighthouses, and they had three right in this area near Cascais. One was out on an island by itself. Here is the hotel I was telling you about, Serge.

http://www.guinchotel.pt/english/index.htm

I am still on European time, so I am up with the chickens this morning. I hope that everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I am about to head out for breakfast, and am going to try and break this accent that I pick up every time I go abroad. For some reaason, speaking Spanish sends my English accent off-kilter. They speak Portuguese in Portugal, but the root of the words is the same, just the ending is different. So, I had no problems communicating while there.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 09:58 AM
nice!!!!
yes, MY kind of place
;-)))

Nickatilynx
11-30-2003, 09:58 AM
I have a thing for lighthouses

Freud would have a field day ;-))))

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 30 2003, 07:06 AM

Hmmm, Nick. I never thought of it that way, but now that you mention it, that explains a lot! :D

Nickatilynx
11-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Lay back on the couch and tell me all about it ;-)

:yowsa:

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 30 2003, 07:11 AM
Lay back on the couch and tell me all about it ;-)

:yowsa:
Well, Dr. Nick, it all started when I was a young girl...

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 10:08 AM
I don't why that posted twice. Edited it so that Nick doesn't do a double-take!

Last edited by girlgeek at Nov 30 2003, 07:17 AM

Nickatilynx
11-30-2003, 10:13 AM

Go on......

aside to gonzo - this could get good!!!!

;-))))

Peaches
11-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 30 2003, 11:06 AM

Uh oh, I'm another Lighthouse lover. :unsure: That's what's so great about the Outer Banks - 4 lighthouses! :bjump:

Nickatilynx
11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
We need a group session obviously , ladies ;-))))

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Ah, you'll have to travel to get the rest, so that I may maintain my doctor-patient confidential relationship!

Seriously, this hotel is very close to Sintra, as well. Sintra has the Palacio de Pena, which is situated on top of a mountain. It is only about two hundred years old, but beautiful with its Arab influences in architecture.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.danphillips.com/personal/honeymoon_sintra/

The older castle is about 500 meters downhill from it, and is much older, almost 1000 years. It is just ruins, now.

We haven't had a chance to go through our pictures yet, but I will try and take care of it when I get home.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by girlgeek@Nov 30 2003, 10:33 AM
Ah, you'll have to travel to get the rest, so that I may maintain my doctor-patient confidential relationship!

Seriously, this hotel is very close to Sintra, as well. Sintra has the Palacio de Pena, which is situated on top of a mountain. It is only about two hundred years old, but beautiful with its Arab influences in architecture.

Here are some pictures:

The older castle is about 500 meters downhill from it, and is much older, almost 1000 years. It is just ruins, now.

We haven't had a chance to go through our pictures yet, but I will try and take care of it when I get home.
very nice pics indeed!

ok, I am putting Portugal in the trip planner!

how was the food there?

gonzo
11-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 30 2003, 10:21 AM

Go on......

aside to gonzo - this could get good!!!!

;-))))
Get pictures....Ill bring the doughnuts.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Nov 30 2003, 11:56 AM

Get pictures....Ill bring the doughnuts.
"leave the gun, take the connoli"
;-))

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 12:07 PM
The food was actually quite good, Serge. We especially liked the Indian food we sampled there.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by girlgeek@Nov 30 2003, 12:15 PM
The food was actually quite good, Serge. We especially liked the Indian food we sampled there.
Indian food in Portugal?
will you sample the Portugal food in India?

I don't get it
;-))

what about NATIVE food?

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Sorry. The native food is good, too. I don't know if you have ever been to Spain, but the food there does not contain as many spices as we are used to here. In Portugal, the native food was more flavorful. There are a lot of Arabian and Indian influences in Portugal, hence the Indian fare. The main diet there consists of cheese, breads, meat and seafood. I think you will be OK.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by girlgeek@Nov 30 2003, 12:32 PM
Sorry. The native food is good, too. I don't know if you have ever been to Spain, but the food there does not contain as many spices as we are used to here. In Portugal, the native food was more flavorful. There are a lot of Arabian and Indian influences in Portugal, hence the Indian fare. The main diet there consists of cheese, breads, meat and seafood. I think you will be OK.
ok, I am sold!

I had to re-evaluate Turkey and Russia trips for 2004, and seems like Portugal will be lovely in May!
;-))
thanks again for the tip!

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 12:37 PM
We were invited to Istanbul during the beginning of the war with Iraq, so we bowed out until next year. We figured it was not a good time to go to the Middle East.

I have always wanted to see Russia, and we have a current inquiry on the table. Maybe you can share some of your homeland here with us, and that will aid in the decision.

el pres
11-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Serge,
From the begining of June, Portugal will be full of soccer supporters,
so make sure you don't go then.

If you're going near there, get a plane to San Sebastian on Spain's Atlantic coast, the city is lovely and the food is amazing.

Galicia *up from Portugal* has got some of the best seafood in the world aswell.

girlgeek
11-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by el pres@Nov 30 2003, 09:47 AM
Serge,

If you're going near there, get a plane to San Sebastian on Spain's Atlantic coast, the city is lovely and the food is amazing.

Galicia *up from Portugal* has got some of the best seafood in the world aswell.
He's right, Serge. We adored northern Spain, and would love to live there part of the year.

One of the reasons Portugal was so nice for us right now, is because it was not inundated with tourists at this time of year.

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by girlgeek+Nov 30 2003, 12:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (girlgeek @ Nov 30 2003, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--el pres@Nov 30 2003, 09:47 AM
Serge,

He's right, Serge. We adored northern Spain, and would love to live there part of the year.

One of the reasons Portugal was so nice for us right now, is because it was not inundated with tourists at this time of year.[/b][/quote]
well, that';s why I preffer going before June or after mid September!

as for Russia,,hasn't been there since 1989 and probably won't be for another few..hear to many bad stories about it.

confucy
11-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Cut the shit, Geeky!

How much did those poor fools pay Mitnick for bullshitting about his piece of shit book which he didn't write?????????? :(

Also, did you drag your daughter out of her classes...again! Poor little thing never gets a chance to play with her schoolmates and attend to homework.

The last thing you and Mitnick need is more FOOD. God, you two are blimping up like Gonzo. FAT FELON FUCK has always had a weight problem. A fat Mitnick is not a pretty sight! And Geeky, you are six months away from the big 4-0, so how are the tits a hangin' ?? :agrin:

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by confucy@Nov 30 2003, 01:21 PM
Cut the shit, Geeky!

How much did those poor fools pay Mitnick for bullshitting about his piece of shit book which he didn't write?????????? :(

Also, did you drag your daughter out of her classes...again! Poor little thing never gets a chance to play with her schoolmates and attend to homework.

The last thing you and Mitnick need is more FOOD. God, you two are blimping up like Gonzo. FAT FELON FUCK has always had a weight problem. A fat Mitnick is not a pretty sight! And Geeky, you are six months away from the big 4-0, so how are the tits a hangin' ?? :agrin:
oh my.....
Jackie, is that what you gonna say in court?

Peaches
11-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Nov 30 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Nov 30 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--confucy@Nov 30 2003, 01:21 PM
Cut the shit, Geeky!

oh my.....
Jackie, is that what you gonna say in court?[/b][/quote]
We can only dream :P

I have a feeling that IF she shows up, she'll be shaking like a leaf on a tree on a windy day. She's a keyboard warrior. She's had plenty of opportunities to stand up to any of us in person, yet she's "safer" behind the curtain. B)

confucy
11-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Peaches, don't you worry your virginal ass about me. :inlove:

The truth is on my side. :purpdance:

I will hold your gofer job for 30 days...only. Then I will give it to Mitnick's partner, Alex. Alex is known for being a pro at doing shit for others.

Peaches
11-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by confucy@Nov 30 2003, 02:51 PM
Methinks you're confusing laughing at you with being worried about you. :P

Winetalk.com
11-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by confucy@Nov 30 2003, 01:51 PM

I definatelly see competition for Peaches' ass!
;-(((

Fletch XXX
11-30-2003, 02:41 PM
one of my favorite DVDs

http://www.englewd.com/img/big/horror.jpg

Candice
11-30-2003, 08:46 PM
very nice place!!! :bdance: :okthumb: