PDA

View Full Version : Who really should worry about acacia?

newb
11-25-2003, 10:31 AM
should small guys with little money worry about them?

wouldn't it make sense that they only go after the rich people and not hit the poor people up since the poor people don't have money to make it worth their efford?

Winetalk.com
11-25-2003, 10:34 AM
I am worried about Acacia...the MAJOR battle is going on and I am not involved
;-(((

this is fucking DISRESPECT!

Trev
11-25-2003, 10:35 AM
They've gone after small and big with their blanket mailings, most have ignored them, as would I if they ever mailed me..

What country are you in and where are your servers?
Have they filled for the patent in your country?
Do you really give a shit about Acacia while they're so tied up with others?

newb
11-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Nov 25 2003, 07:43 AM
They've gone after small and big with their blanket mailings, most have ignored them, as would I if they ever mailed me..

Im in the states.

I give a shit because $1,500 would totally wipe me out, no Christmas or anything, and if I ignore it Im afraid of what damages the judge would make me pay if the patent was found valid

BRISK
11-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Obviously people that don't have much have little to lose, and people who have lots have plenty to lose.

Having said that, I would love to see Acacia initiate lawsuits against every 17 year old making TGP galleries in their spare time. I seriously hope they do that, I need a good laugh.

Trev
11-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by newb+Nov 25 2003, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newb @ Nov 25 2003, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Nov 25 2003, 07:43 AM

Im in the states.

I give a shit because $1,500 would totally wipe me out, no Christmas or anything, and if I ignore it Im afraid of what damages the judge would make me pay if the patent was found valid[/b][/quote]
Have you received a package from them yet?

If not why worry, support the people that are in the battle now if it'll make you feel any better but this is going to be a long drawn out fight that Acacia might or might not win.

newb
11-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Nov 25 2003, 07:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Nov 25 2003, 07:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -newb@Nov 25 2003, 05:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Nov 25 2003, 07:43 AM

Im in the states.

I give a shit because $1,500 would totally wipe me out, no Christmas or anything, and if I ignore it Im afraid of what damages the judge would make me pay if the patent was found valid

If not why worry, support the people that are in the battle now if it'll make you feel any better but this is going to be a long drawn out fight that Acacia might or might not win.[/b][/quote]

I just got the letter with the Cnet articles.

Last edited by newb at Nov 25 2003, 07:51 AM

Trev
11-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by newb+Nov 25 2003, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newb @ Nov 25 2003, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Trev@Nov 25 2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by -newb@Nov 25 2003, 05:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Trev@Nov 25 2003, 07:43 AM

Im in the states.

If not why worry, support the people that are in the battle now if it'll make you feel any better but this is going to be a long drawn out fight that Acacia might or might not win.

I just got the letter with the Cnet articles.[/b][/quote]
Thats not a summons, if/when you get a summons thats a different story.

That package you've received is just their scare tactics.. I'd bin it!