PDA

View Full Version : Acacia now down about 25%

JR
11-17-2003, 04:12 PM
i imagine they have a massive campaign of press releases ready for new "license agreements".

i would expect to see them in the news quite a bit in the near future since it seems they are really starting to suffer and don't seem to have as much good news to report as they originally were planning on by going after "the low hanging fruit" which is the adult biz.

jimmyf
11-17-2003, 04:31 PM
I'm hoping it goes down 75% within 2 weeks.

Mike AI
11-17-2003, 04:32 PM
How does that compaire to the broader markets?

Today and the past week have been ugly..... :unsure:

sextoyking
11-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 17 2003, 02:40 PM

Mike,

blame the repubs for a bad week :)

Btw, Congrats on having your first Women Gov!!!!

:bdance: :bwave: :bjump: :cdance:

Vick
11-17-2003, 04:42 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ACTG

Interesting headlines

Acacia Technologies Files Patent Suit Vs On Command Corp

and

ACACIA RESEARCH CORP Files SEC form 10-Q, Quarterly Report - shows they are not bleeding as bad - ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Mike AI
11-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking+Nov 17 2003, 04:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sextoyking @ Nov 17 2003, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mike AI@Nov 17 2003, 02:40 PM

Mike,

blame the repubs for a bad week :)

Btw, Congrats on having your first Women Gov!!!!

:bdance: :bwave: :bjump: :cdance:[/b][/quote]

Todd, Blanco is not my Gov..... I am a citizen of Florida.

However, I promise you Blanco will raise taxs in Louisiana, and there will be a large exodus from the State ( did I use the word right this time EC? :P )

Blanco is truly a dummy. She speaks sooooo slllllooooowwwww, like she is a 3rd grade teacher. She missed the last debate, and phoned it in... she was being prompted for all of her answers....

She was fortunate the get out the vote for the Democrats was sucessful.... give away free chicken, and cigerettes.

It is ashame for Louisiana.... Jindal is a brilliant man, I refered to him as Sig with a tan...

sextoyking
11-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Mike,

I didn't know you moved out perm. Congrats on going to sunny florida.

Yeh, I didn't study too much on her politics or history. Just was happy the dems won 1 of the southern states, and always good to see a women win in the south :)

Mike AI
11-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Nov 17 2003, 05:05 PM
Mike,

I didn't know you moved out perm. Congrats on going to sunny florida.

Yeh, I didn't study too much on her politics or history. Just was happy the dems won 1 of the southern states, and always good to see a women win in the south :)
If you looked into it, you would have voted Republican.

Jindal has never run for office. He is a smart kid, 33 years old. Very dynamic, and smart - and Indian ( as the continent not native American).

Blanco is stupid.... She is incapable of running State. She comes from a very powerful political family who has ties to past corrupt politicians. Louisiana is going to move back to the old days.

:(

Vick
11-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Mike - you gave up your Louisiana residency? :(

Who's going to look after the plantation? :P

Can I ask if it's because of the Florida state income tax (or lack thereof, it's been a while since I looked into that so I might be wrong)
or just the great climate and many other things Tampa has to offer?

Paul Markham
11-18-2003, 09:59 AM
They are now going after Universities and Colleges, not the wisest move. They are not exactly lead by the sharpest tools in the box.

Mike AI
11-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Nov 17 2003, 05:46 PM
Mike - you gave up your Louisiana residency? :(

Who's going to look after the plantation? :P

Can I ask if it's because of the Florida state income tax (or lack thereof, it's been a while since I looked into that so I might be wrong)
or just the great climate and many other things Tampa has to offer?

The Plantation is up for sale, though I am going to keep a majority of the land..... it is a good investment.

Taxs played a big part of the decision, but the number one issue was quality of life. New Orleans is sinking very fast.... I am afraid the rest of the State will follow now with Blanco as Gov.

New Orleans is a GREAT place to party, to be a tourist, to enjoy food, and history and culture, but to do business, to raise a family - it is TERRIBLE.

I will still have NO connections, I am going to buy a condo downtown, and will be here in a regular basis - a few days a month, but Tampa is where I hang my hat.