PDA

View Full Version : A Zippy alternative to the EluminX

girlgeek
11-12-2003, 02:19 AM
At the time of the last THG review, EluminX keyboard was the only keyboard to feature EL technology. Then, we found it surprising that no one else had thought to release such a product. Well, now someone has.

Zippy Technology has introduced a keyboard that may just give the EluminX a run for its money and Hampton Technologies contacted us and asked us to take a look at this new keyboard. While there are some similarities between the two products, there are some differences as well.

The folks at Zippy realize that not everyone gets their quality computing time in during the day. So they want to help ease the eyestrain caused by late night computing/gaming. How do they plan on doing this? With the Zippy keyboard, of course.

The Zippy EL-715 keyboard is a full sized keyboard, with a few noticeable differences here and there. First, and most importantly, it's slim. And I mean really slim. This keyboard is only 18mm thick. It does have a really good presentation "look"; in fact, it's a really cool-looking keyboard. It uses the same kind of EL lighting that I liked so much in the EluminX, and this really adds to the "look" of the Zippy keyboard. The keyboard we received was housed in a silver shell, but we have been told to expect the release a model in a black shell as well.

Read the whole review at Tom's Hardware (http://www6.tomshardware.com/game/20031108/index.html).

If you're looking for a backlit keyboard, this is a great alternative to the EluminX, for only $59.

Richard N. Bush
11-12-2003, 06:04 PM
I wish they'd do one of these with a standard keyboard layout.

Mike AI
11-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Man this is great for cybersex.... to set the romantic tone I like!

:okthumb:

Peaches
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Heck, it might be time to replace the 5+ year old IBM click keyboard with 1/2 the letters rubbed off. :P

girlgeek
11-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 12 2003, 05:37 PM
Heck, it might be time to replace the 5+ year old IBM click keyboard with 1/2 the letters rubbed off. :P
Yeah, I'm definitely grabbing a few of these to replace some old ones around here. $59 is a great price. I spent more than that on LEDs and parts when I made one last year, and it didn't look nearly as slick as this one.