11-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by sarah_webinc@Nov 11 2003, 06:33 AM
where is it snowing?
odessa Ukraine

just flurries now but forcast for the next 24-48 hours

time to get out the boots

Paul Markham
11-11-2003, 07:22 AM
Stop moaning you pussy, go get some skis and enjoy yourself.

He thought CZ was cold. LOL

Forest
11-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Paul Markham@Nov 11 2003, 07:30 AM
Stop moaning you pussy, go get some skis and enjoy yourself.

He thought CZ was cold. LOL
if i had the time i would head to the mountains

I was a ski bum/instructor for years in my youth

now im just old and crochity

Snow belongs in the mountains where it has a purpose

not in the city where it juts makes a grey wet mess

and your correct

I am a PUSSY!

LadyMischief
11-11-2003, 08:38 AM
It's snowing here but it's BARELY freezing.. it's supposed to rain this afternoon and melt the snow away.. I will NOT complain about it, because by this time last year we had two feet of snow and the weather was -30 celcius. This is a very large blessing, especially for my in-laws who live out of town and have to snowblow an 800 foot driveway :)

Forest
11-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by LadyMischief@Nov 11 2003, 08:46 AM
It's snowing here but it's BARELY freezing.. it's supposed to rain this afternoon and melt the snow away.. I will NOT complain about it, because by this time last year we had two feet of snow and the weather was -30 celcius. This is a very large blessing, especially for my in-laws who live out of town and have to snowblow an 800 foot driveway :)
that is the EXACT reason I moved from Cleveland OH to Miami

Evil Chris
11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Forest, I hope you don't get as much snow as we expect every year around here (Montreal area).

This is a shot down our street. Note all the driveway indicators for the private snow removal services. Nobody shovels their own driveway here!
http://www.evil-chris.com/temp/street.jpg

LadyMischief
11-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Forest+Nov 11 2003, 05:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Forest @ Nov 11 2003, 05:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LadyMischief@Nov 11 2003, 08:46 AM
that is the EXACT reason I moved from Cleveland OH to Miami[/b][/quote]
Yeah but I'm a Canadian. Doing something like that would be admitting defeat.. Or to being from Vancouver.

Billy
11-11-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Nov 11 2003, 08:59 AM
Forest, I hope you don't get as much snow as we expect every year around here (Montreal area).

This is a shot down our street. Note all the driveway indicators for the private snow removal services. Nobody shovels their own driveway here!

Wait a second I thought somebody told me I would NOT see snow in Montreal ??

I have never seen snow : (

sarah_webinc
11-11-2003, 11:57 AM
would you want to be in Eastern Europe in the winter and not have it be cold? I would feel cheated.

It was like Belgium the other week was cold and hubby was complaing. I don't think of places like Brussels in the winter as being warm. Would spoil the atmosphere.

That said, I am happy it isn't snowing in London.

Carrie
11-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Nov 11 2003, 08:59 AM

http://www.evil-chris.com/temp/street.jpg
Those sure do mess up the pretty community. I assume y'all take them down once it gets warm?

TeenGodFather
11-11-2003, 12:40 PM
It's sunny and warm here. I just went out with my dog, thank god I wore shorts.

Evil Chris
11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 11 2003, 01:47 PM
Those sure do mess up the pretty community. I assume y'all take them down once it gets warm?
Hey Carrie...
Yes, the different snow removal companies come and take them away in the early spring. It's actually a good service to take here in suburbia. I did the shoveling myself for a few years. Damn near killed me!