PDA

View Full Version : ISPrime Emergency Maintenance Notice

Alex @ ISPrime
11-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Monday, November 10, 2003

Dear ISPrime Customer,

A software bug in Juniper's JunOS 6.0R1.3 is causing memory to be leaked on our core routers. The leaked memory has accumulated to the point where it is now causing warning messages to appear in the router's message log. While it is not currently impacting customers, if left unchecked, it could lead to instability in the near future. To resolve this we are going to be upgrading the software to JunOS 6.1R1.4. The expected impact is approximately 10 minutes. We have already completed upgrades on our backup core, and plan to switch all customers from the primary core to the backup core just before the upgrade, and then back to the primary after the upgrade is confirmed successful.

We will begin the maintenance at 12:00 AM EST tonight. Customers should see a brief period of routing instability as routing reconverges to the backup core, and then again, a brief period of routing instability as routing returns to the primary core.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and we value your business.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact our 24x7 NOC at:
support@isprime.com
866-502-4678 x3

-ISPrime Network Operations Center

Alex @ ISPrime
11-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Dear Fellow Opranoers we have completed our emergency maintenance.

:matey:

Serge Thank you for your Support :inlove:

Winetalk.com
11-11-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Alex @ ISPrime@Nov 10 2003, 10:40 PM

hey, I am fixing those routers since 1997, all you had to do is ask...if Likewhoa just asked me, they'd still be in business, as I am an amateur brain surgeon on the side as well
;-)))

Alex @ ISPrime
11-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Nov 11 2003, 03:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Nov 11 2003, 03:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Alex @ ISPrime@Nov 10 2003, 10:40 PM

hey, I am fixing those routers since 1997, all you had to do is ask...if Likewhoa just asked me, they'd still be in business, as I am an amateur brain surgeon on the side as well
;-)))[/b][/quote]
hahah, Serge I didn't know you were the router doctor :) it's a good thing we have you :cdance: I was telling likewhoa all along they should hire you as their Chief Technology Officer ... maybe they would still be in business :gbounce:

Winetalk.com
11-11-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Alex @ ISPrime@Nov 11 2003, 04:22 AM
I was telling likewhoa all along they should hire you as their Chief Technology Officer ... maybe they would still be in business :gbounce:
...or I be in a desperate need of a brain surgery
;-))))