PDA

View Full Version : Paysite members area

Sausage
11-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Ok i am pretty decided on this through my experience but I was having a good discussion with a friend about how easy to make it to cancel their membership.

It came down to whether or not to include a 'cancel subscription' link in the members area ... on the front members area page, a customer service page or not at all. I am of the opinion that having any cancel subscription link on the site at all isn't a good idea, but what do you guys think ?

I know there are two schools of thought on this one.

TeenGodFather
11-07-2003, 08:38 PM
My paysite's been live well... about 3 hours, so I can't really say from experience. But I have one on support page.

Carrie
11-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Congrats and good luck with it, TGF!

TeenGodFather
11-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 7 2003, 06:07 PM
Congrats and good luck with it, TGF!
It's the bestest.

dirtyone
11-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I would think that you would want it in an easily accessible place but not too easy. You want them to be able to find it if the need it but you wouldn't want it so hard to find that they might charge back instead.

A link to a support page would be better than "click here to cancel"

Here is an example of one I like... the link is on the bottom of every page along with the copyright info and model age verification.

http://www.lightspeedsupport.com/index.php?r=shap

I don't see a two cents icon so $$ and congrats TGF on the site.

Carrie
11-07-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't see the copyright, model info, and support page link - that drops me right into the support area where there's an email link on the bottom of every page.
This is a pretty nice support area, though!

dirtyone
11-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 7 2003, 07:39 PM
I don't see the copyright, model info, and support page link - that drops me right into the support area where there's an email link on the bottom of every page.
This is a pretty nice support area, though!
Carrie... check any of thier sites. Some do not have it on the main page, all that I have seen have it at least by the second page on through the join page. I assume they are inside as well. I haven't had a lightspeed memebership in two years.

Last edited by dirtyone at Nov 7 2003, 07:45 PM

Vick
11-07-2003, 10:47 PM
If using a third party processor check their TOS on unsubscribe links also

Hell Puppy
11-08-2003, 03:01 AM
Burying the cancel link will lead to chargebacks and if you're using a 3rd party processor their t&c's will require it to be easy to find. The better ones do review sites to check it.

Your goal should be to have the cancel link be easy to find if someone is looking for it, but at the same time not positioned in such a way that it reminds a user to cancel everytime they visit your site.

Cassie
11-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Nov 8 2003, 04:09 AM
Burying the cancel link will lead to chargebacks and if you're using a 3rd party processor their t&c's will require it to be easy to find. The better ones do review sites to check it.

Your goal should be to have the cancel link be easy to find if someone is looking for it, but at the same time not positioned in such a way that it reminds a user to cancel everytime they visit your site.
we have static links at the bottom of our members area so people can access information from any header page. rather then calling it cancel membership, we call it customer support.

maybe you can word it differently but still give them the ability to find it cause hellpuppy is right, bury your link and you will be buried with charge backs.

krome
11-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Let the members cancel when they want. You make more in the long term as the site becomes trusted and you get repeat business.

Kevin2
11-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Sausage on my CCbill sites I have an email for support but on my Verotel site I have a cancel link to Verotel. I find more cancels with CCbill than Verotel but that could just be that the Verotel one is a very tight niche.

Sausage
11-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Ok interesting. General consensus is have a support page, and have a cancel link in there.

I might try both .... feed them with a billion sales each (give or take a few) and see how they do. :)