View Full Version : interesting blog from iraq

dantheman
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
link (http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/)

Fletch XXX
11-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Nov 7 2003, 07:33 AM
link (http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/)
'First, I have to explain to some western idealists that public demonstrations is an alien idea to the majority of Iraqis. We have been forced to demonstrate in favour of Saddam, the Ba'ath, Palestine, and Arab nationalism for 3 decades. Just to give you an idea on how that was like for us; party members would surround colleges, schools, and govt. offices. They block all outlets and shove people into buses which head to wherever the demonstrations are to be held. You simply cannot refuse to demonstrate. I remember hiding in the toilet back in high school whenever the buses came into the park to herd us to the demos. It wasn't a pleasant experience I can tell you. Once I got stuck and had to shout anti-imperialist slogans at one of these rallies just two years ago. You don't have the slightest idea of what it is like to live your life daily in fear.'

wouldnt doubt it.

dantheman
11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
the blogger is a doctor I think, good reading on the situration there

gonzo
11-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Nov 7 2003, 10:45 AM
the blogger is a doctor I think, good reading on the situration there
Damn I was hoping it was the self professed Master Blogger D@D!

spazlabz
11-07-2003, 11:38 AM
I didn't read the entire page, but I did read the post where Fletch quoted, and I have to say. The writers point of view is definitely a unique perspective. It is raw, and real and honest. Obviously something the American public should be exposed to. Would go a long way to building support for the rebuilding of Iraqi by Iraqi's.

spaz

dantheman
11-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by spazlabz@Nov 7 2003, 11:46 AM
I didn't read the entire page, but I did read the post where Fletch quoted, and I have to say. The writers point of view is definitely a unique perspective. It is raw, and real and honest. Obviously something the American public should be exposed to. Would go a long way to building support for the rebuilding of Iraqi by Iraqi's.

spaz
i agree, I've just finished reading most of it and wish more people could see it also.