PDA

View Full Version : Grogan, time to play

Cassie
11-06-2003, 01:16 PM
being that you are in real estate (mortgage company as you put it) what is the percentage a person, as a first time home buyer, can put down to purchase a house?

what credit score do you need in order NOT to qualify for a high risk loan account?

what credit score makes one an optimal and highly qualified home buyer (meaning that a person qualifies for a good mortgage rate or mortgage rate that is less then the standard everyday rate being given now)?

what credit score makes one a high risk purchaser?

how long does one have to wait before they can qualify for their next home purchase (and we are not talking people like trump)?

can a person qualify for a second home at the first home down payment percentage?

and while your at it, why not tell me the steps that are taken for someone who purchases a home from the point of a walk thru to the time it is sold.

youre in the business so you should know the answers to the above. im buying my second home so be careful with your answers for what i have asked is industry standard.

also, anyone who is making bank the way you claim you are, should know that buying a house is the first thing you do with your money because the equity is better then a savings account.

im calling you on this so you better answer maturely and correctly otherwise you will be a laughing stock son.

i forgot to add this question, if part of your home is a business and part of it is a residence, does the down payment percentage change even if it is your first purchase; what percentage of the place has to be a business to qualify at a certain rate and what percentage of the place has to be a home to qualify at a certain rate (i will give you this much, the rate is not seperated or combined, it is one whole percentage rate you have to put down).

**i wouldnt have wanted you to miss this in the other thread; i wanted to give you a fair chance to answer this**

Carrie
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Pah. IF Groggy is truly involved in something having to do with mortgages, then he's either doing a Carlton Sheets program or running off of the advice of men like John Burley and Joe Arlt (The Dealmakers - they go around the country giving seminars on 'flipping', etc and also do it themselves.)

I have met and worked with Joe Arlt (he's right here in VA Beach), and Groggy is no Joe.

Cassie
11-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 6 2003, 02:31 PM
Pah. IF Groggy is truly involved in something having to do with mortgages, then he's either doing a Carlton Sheets program or running off of the advice of men like John Burley and Joe Arlt (The Dealmakers - they go around the country giving seminars on 'flipping', etc and also do it themselves.)

I have met and worked with Joe Arlt (he's right here in VA Beach), and Groggy is no Joe.
is joe the one who says if you make only 1.00 a month on a piece of property, then you are ahead of the game and your property is profit?

TeenGodFather
11-06-2003, 01:29 PM
I don't have a mortgage, I wonder if I should get one and buy a house in spain. What do you say?

Cassie
11-06-2003, 01:35 PM
you could probably live like a king there.

Carrie
11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
I honestly have never heard him say that, but he probably would. He works in quantity more than quality - 10 houses that you can move easily making you $100/mo each are worth more than one really nice house that's hard to move (flip) that would bring you $1000/mo. In the end they're the same, but in reality you'll spend twice as long trying to move the big house and could've had the first ten gone and be working on another 10 in the meantime; making more money in the process.

Each week he's got at least 7 new houses in the paper here that he's moving and people are lining up to get into his investment group.

(By "new" I don't mean newly built houses, I mean houses that he wasn't pushing the week before.)

Nickatilynx
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't have a mortgage, I wonder if I should get one and buy a house in spain. What do you say?

Yes Marbella is nice , as is Puerto Banus :-))))

Cassie
11-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 6 2003, 02:45 PM
I honestly have never heard him say that, but he probably would. He works in quantity more than quality - 10 houses that you can move easily making you $100/mo each are worth more than one really nice house that's hard to move (flip) that would bring you $1000/mo. In the end they're the same, but in reality you'll spend twice as long trying to move the big house and could've had the first ten gone and be working on another 10 in the meantime; making more money in the process.

Each week he's got at least 7 new houses in the paper here that he's moving and people are lining up to get into his investment group.

(By "new" I don't mean newly built houses, I mean houses that he wasn't pushing the week before.)
too bad this guy isnt in jersey. trying to find a decent house in this part is impossible so i had to go south jersey. the houses down south are the same price as here but with 3 times the space.

that guy is absolutely correct. the first 2 properties should be an investment (multi family homes so god forbid you lose your job, you will always have someone paying the mortgage and a place to live; people always need a place to live so it should never go 2 months in between rentals), the 3rd house should be the house you stay in for a while (5-10 years) and by that time, you have so much equity built in the first 2 houses that if you do lose your job, they can either be sold or the an equity loan can be taken out to hold you over (this "you" i am using is in general terms btw). or that money can be used to purchase more property.

TeenGodFather
11-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 6 2003, 10:50 AM
Yes Marbella is nice , as is Puerto Banus :-))))
Actually I've been looking at townhouses at marbella. :)
I just gotta wait and see if I ever graduate. I ought to finish college.... after that...Buh bye finland...

Cassie
11-06-2003, 01:54 PM
COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE! TIME TO PLAY THE WAY ADULTS DO. I KNOW YOURE READING THIS OR HAVE READ IT ALREADY AND I KNOW YOU HAVE READ OR ARE READING THE OTHER POST WHERE YOU CANT GIVE EXCUSES FOR NOT ANSWERING!

btw, you cant have a family member post your answers either.

the time has come......we are all waiting.

also, dont think this thread will get lost or go away.

Last edited by Cassie at Nov 6 2003, 03:03 PM

TeenGodFather
11-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Cassie@Nov 6 2003, 11:02 AM
the time has come......we are all waiting.

I thought we didn't care.

Diamond Jim
11-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 6 2003, 01:45 PM
If anyone has any leftover cash not working for ya (50K min, 500k current max) that you want to get 20% annualized return on (principle and interest will be returned anywhere from 90-180 days, but still annualized at 20%)....lemme know!

How about you, grogan?

dantheman
11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
it's only 2pm, classes arent out yet

Nickatilynx
11-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Actually I've been looking at townhouses at marbella.
I just gotta wait and see if I ever graduate. I ought to finish college.... after that...Buh bye finland...

Nice plan. :)

Cassie
11-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by dantheman@Nov 6 2003, 03:16 PM
it's only 2pm, classes arent out yet
hahaha

which leads me to the next excuse that cant be given "i was away for a while and didnt have time to check the board". reading about himself is as addicting as a heroin addict scoring.

i think i have covered in 2 threads what excuses cannot be given but if i come up with more, ill let you know :D

Last edited by Cassie at Nov 6 2003, 03:31 PM

Monk
11-06-2003, 02:31 PM
I think I am going to avoid real estate here at the market top and wait for cheaper days.

Monk
11-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Chinese real estate... now THAT may be worth looking at!! Are people allowed to own Chinese land/property? China has a burgeoning economy.

DrGuile
11-06-2003, 03:00 PM
I have a crap car but I own a condo that has gone up about 10-15% in value in the 6 months i've owned it.

but I guess Im not Mensa material :P

sarettah
11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
And Grogan......

If someone is going VA, how do those numbers that Cassie asked for change ??

FHA...same question ???

What current programs does FHA have in effect for first time home buyers ??

How is the above mentioned program effected if the buyer is a single mom ??

:yowsa:

sarettah
11-06-2003, 06:40 PM
bumpity bump bump bump.......

<font size="-3">and bump</font>

nlphoto
11-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Nov 6 2003, 03:48 PM
bumpity bump bump bump.......

<font size="-3">and bump</font>

Winnie the Pooh quote ?

B)

Cassie
11-06-2003, 07:19 PM
well it has been hours and he is usually so quick to reply with the tough guy act of shut your mouth and make me some grug bitch.

i have called your bluff. no answers as i knew there wouldnt be. the only thing i can come up with now is that you are too busy researching and asking around about this to come up with your answers but its too late.

so with that being said, how about you keep your fuking mouth shut from now on like a good boy. children should be seen and not heard. while youre at it, my new house needs the floors cleaned so make sure to bring your toothbrush.

as you would say:

have a nice evening

peace and love :awinky: :inlove:

Nickatilynx
11-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Grogan , your silence speaks volumes :-)))

Peaches
11-06-2003, 07:38 PM
What's funny is that through years of buying houses and property, *I* know the answers to those questions, lol! But then again, I haven't spent all my adult life living in a rented apartment like our buddy Grogan. :P I thought it was pretty funny when he said he didn't have the money for a downpayment...yet he claims the cars are paid for. Hmmmmm - spend tens of thousands of dollars on a depreciating liability or tens of thousands of dollars on an appreciating asset. He ain't NEAR as smart as he thinks. B)

Cassie
11-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 6 2003, 08:46 PM
What's funny is that through years of buying houses and property, *I* know the answers to those questions, lol! But then again, I haven't spent all my adult life living in a rented apartment like our buddy Grogan. :P I thought it was pretty funny when he said he didn't have the money for a downpayment...yet he claims the cars are paid for. Hmmmmm - spend tens of thousands of dollars on a depreciating liability or tens of thousands of dollars on an appreciating asset. He ain't NEAR as smart as he thinks. B)
i have to play devils advocate for a min here. i cant speak for anyone else but at 20 i wanted the brandy new car that looked good as well. the only difference is i actually bought one (which can be proven unlike photos that are posted on a board) and i regreted every min of it after the first week of having it cause my payments were insane.

even into my mid 20's, a house wasnt a priority. it wasnt until i hit my late 20's and now mid 30's that a house is truly everything (especially in this advantage taking market) and i can pick up a $500 car at a dealer auction (if it came to that) that would get me to the same places at a 50k car would.

50k depreciates 8k the min its driven off the lot.
250k house can appreciate 5-10k in a year depending on the town.

i really do enjoy getting older cause there is so much to learn.

Peaches
11-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Cassie@Nov 6 2003, 08:55 PM
i have to play devils advocate for a min here. i cant speak for anyone else but at 20 i wanted the brandy new car that looked good as well. the only difference is i actually bought one (which can be proven unlike photos that are posted on a board) and i regreted every min of it after the first week of having it cause my payments were insane.

even into my mid 20's, a house wasnt a priority. it wasnt until i hit my late 20's and now mid 30's that a house is truly everything (especially in this advantage taking market) and i can pick up a $500 car at a dealer auction (if it came to that) that would get me to the same places at a 50k car would.

However, you were also not going on industry message boards and saying you were smarter, a better business person, made more money, etc. than everyone else. Therein lies Little Grogans problem and why I make fun of him. :P

Cassie
11-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 6 2003, 08:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 6 2003, 08:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cassie@Nov 6 2003, 08:55 PM

However, you were also not going on industry message boards and saying you were smarter, a better business person, made more money, etc. than everyone else. Therein lies Little Grogans problem and why I make fun of him. :P[/b][/quote]
well yeah this is true, although i did think i knew everything back then and that there was nothing else for me to learn. by the same token, i also thought i would be 27 forever. shows you just how stupid i was and how shocked i was when i turned 28....hehehe

LadyMischief
11-06-2003, 08:53 PM
:)

Nickatilynx
11-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Except for a brief post in this thread

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?a...919cd647fb971bc (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=6843&s=778243f897fee0e67919cd647fb971bc)

late last night , he has scurried away with his tail between his legs.

Cassie
11-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 7 2003, 12:56 PM
Except for a brief post in this thread

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?a...919cd647fb971bc (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=6843&s=778243f897fee0e67919cd647fb971bc)

late last night , he has scurried away with his tail between his legs.
hahahahahahahahahahah

i guess this inferior woman is just too superior for him. hehehehehehe he sucks ass.