PDA

View Full Version : CC Bill Visa Refunds?

Richard N. Bush
11-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help but notice that while CC Bill announced they wouldn't need to collect the Visa renewal fees this year, they didn't say anything about refunding us the portion we'd already paid.

Anyone else notice this?

Vick
11-04-2003, 10:43 PM
I haven't seen CCbill state they wouldn't need to collect the Visa renewal fees this year

If CCbill has please let me know where

Richard N. Bush
11-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Now I'm wondering if I'm losing my marbles...

I'll try and dig up the email.

rand
11-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Some clarification on the subject...

The Epoch Newsletter of October 17th stated the following:

= = =
Registration Fees
Many of you have contacted us regarding the renewal fees for your Visa registration. At the time of this mailing, it our understanding that renewal fees will not be collected this year to avoid any overlap of annual fees. The annual renewal process will begin next year. Nice little break from Visa.
= = =

--Rand at EPOCH

:rokk:

Richard N. Bush
11-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Yep, that's what I was remembering, but for some reason substituted CC Bill instead of Epoch in my memory. Oops!

I knew there was a reason I use Epoch as primary. :bdance:

HoneLynn
11-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Interesting. Is this a Visa thing or just an Epoch thing? If Visa has decided to give a break to all 3rd party processors this year, I would love to get some money back from CCbill.

rand
11-05-2003, 03:49 PM
This is how it breaks down.

All webmasters who registered as of November of 2002 will not be charged a renewal fee until July (Or possibly August) of 2004. Annual renewals will continue at that time. This is the word from Visa. I'd like to claim the credit for this as an Epoch idea, but it's not.

--Rand

Last edited by rand at Nov 5 2003, 12:58 PM

Richard N. Bush
11-05-2003, 09:14 PM
So... it appears CC Bill owes me money after all.... hmmmm....

Hell Puppy
11-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Interesting that we haven't seen the same announcement from CCBill...especially since they've already been collecting the fee from those who registered in the initial november onslaught last year.

Vick
11-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I contacted CCbill regarding this issue
Here's the response I received

"Visa's fees are passed on through our acquiring bank. At this point, our acquirer has not gotten precise information as to how Visa will handle the annual renewals. In order to best protect our interests, CCBill built a system that allowed us to collect the renewal fee over a period of time so that it would not be overly burdensome to our clients in one full payment.
We will hold these funds until we receive the billings from Visa. Should Visa not bill for whatever reason or change their program, then CCBill would refund these fees. However, at this point, CCBill will hold fees collected until our acquirer has been given accurate information. We absolutely expect to receive an annual bill from Visa at any time after November 15, 2003."

am guessing they expect to be billed and collected fees in anticipation