PDA

View Full Version : Internext.........Booked!

dantheman
11-03-2003, 12:13 PM
well just booked the broom closet at Treasure Island :)

have you got your room(s)?

Last edited by dantheman at Nov 3 2003, 12:22 PM

BradShaw
11-03-2003, 12:38 PM
I am booked, doing 3 nights at Venetian. I hate that place, but its close to everything. Going to be a busy 30 days, honeymoon, OU in Sugar Bowl, Vegas.

Peaches
11-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by dantheman@Nov 3 2003, 01:21 PM

Were you trying to stay at the Venetian? I read on another board that even though AVN and some of the online sites are saying it's booked, calling the Venetian directly will get you a room.

I, being the procrastinator that I am, haven't made my reservations yet. I guess I'll go on the waiting list if nothing's available. In FL, the hotel opened up like crazy a few days before the show.

Bex
11-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 3 2003, 09:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 3 2003, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dantheman@Nov 3 2003, 01:21 PM

Were you trying to stay at the Venetian? I read on another board that even though AVN and some of the online sites are saying it's booked, calling the Venetian directly will get you a room.

I, being the procrastinator that I am, haven't made my reservations yet. I guess I'll go on the waiting list if nothing's available. In FL, the hotel opened up like crazy a few days before the show.[/b][/quote]
We booked for 4 or 5 nights at the Venetian just today through Rose Tours. (have been booking with them off and on since New Orleans I think, and no problems). So they are not sold out as far as I could tell.

Peaches
11-03-2003, 12:54 PM
OK, I'm making reservations now - when is everyone going? I only want to stay 3 nights - is there anything important the night of the 4th or 7th?

dantheman
11-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 3 2003, 12:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 3 2003, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dantheman@Nov 3 2003, 01:21 PM

I, being the procrastinator that I am, haven't made my reservations yet. I guess I'll go on the waiting list if nothing's available. In FL, the hotel opened up like crazy a few days before the show.[/b][/quote]
i would rather stay at treasure island. I've been staying there going on 4 years in a row. it's cheaper(more money to gamble:) and it's really a quick walkk to the convention center. PLUS this year they have the Sirens of Ti ;) (http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/ent_main.asp) :rokk:

gonzo
11-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 01:02 PM
OK, I'm making reservations now - when is everyone going? I only want to stay 3 nights - is there anything important the night of the 4th or 7th?
I booked my flight on Delta and in typical show fashion I wont be staying where the show is...so I announce the Dan Tannah Suite! Complete with the Luv Tub!

The location is a secret though!

Hooper
11-03-2003, 01:10 PM
i'm staying at the new tower they build, the Venezia, overlooks the strip, supposed to be very nice and geared more towards business people.

http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/sui...ptions.cfm#conc (http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/suite_options.cfm#conc)

Last edited by Hooper at Nov 3 2003, 01:19 PM

kath
11-03-2003, 01:17 PM
We usually stay at the Mirage - they have nice rooms, I hate the walk to the Venetian and THEN the walk to the convention center after about the 2nd day - but I agree, cheaper is better and my new house has a tub just like the Venetian's now so I'm not missing a thing! :awinky:

Bet the place won't be the same though without Siggy & Roy! :unsure:

StacyCat
11-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 10:02 AM
the 4th is usually a warmup party, there were one or two last year.

The 7th typically is an ending party.

Im arriving the 4th, early morning, hopefully getting shoots done that day, and then leaving the morning of the 7th ebcause I have to go back to work :-(

traffic ho
11-03-2003, 01:19 PM
I just moved outta Vegas...

So I'll probably stay with friends...

kath
11-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Nov 3 2003, 10:18 AM
i'm staying at the new tower they build, the Venezia, overlooks the strip, supposed to be very nice and geared more towards business people.

http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/sui...ptions.cfm#conc (http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/suite_options.cfm#conc)
That's nice Hooper - but won't you miss the parade of nekkid webmasters running drunk through the halls? Sometimes it's good to be right there with all the bottom feeders! lol :rolleyes:

BTW... that room really IS nice... just when you thought those Venetian bathrooms couldn't GET any better! Now I gotta upgrade mine at home so I won't miss it! <_<

Vick
11-03-2003, 01:24 PM
and I'll be staying at ....

home for a record 3rd year :P

Peaches
11-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I really hated staying Harrahs last year and the HI in FL - called me spoiled but poor, and I'll be at the Venetian in one of the small rooms. :P

Peaches
11-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Nov 3 2003, 02:32 PM

:cryin:

spazlabz
11-03-2003, 01:27 PM
:cryin: I WISH I could go, but i have a major move at the end of this month, and I am pretty sure I will be tapped out and unable to attend

here is shooting for the Florida show!!

spaz

LittleC
11-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Dantheman,

we see you in Vegas ! I might jump on a plane this time !

when I get back from http://www.infobonaire.com/

I'm either there ir in some other sunny place with Christmas this year !

hehe

dantheman
11-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LittleC@Nov 3 2003, 01:36 PM
Dantheman,

we see you in Vegas ! I might jump on a plane this time !

when I get back from http://www.infobonaire.com/

I'm either there ir in some other sunny place with Christmas this year !

hehe
littlec, if you dont make it this year I'll be very sad:(

I was thinking about you,sabby and me having a drink or 2 ;)

Vick
11-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 3 2003, 01:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 3 2003, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Vick@Nov 3 2003, 02:32 PM

:cryin:[/b][/quote]
Thank you Peaches :D

Actually I was wrong, this will be the 2nd year I haven't attended as I was at PHBI and this year will be PHBII

Taking 10 days off in Dec and it's challenging to take time off in 2 consecutive months

But then again you never know

Tonda_WEGCash
11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Peaches the PHB III is on the night of the 7th. You have to be there for that:)

Peaches
11-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Tonda_WEGCash@Nov 3 2003, 05:01 PM
Peaches the PHB III is on the night of the 7th. You have to be there for that:)
EEK! The night of the 7th??!! Geeze - I still have delta.com open and I was picking my seat to come back on the 7th. :zoinks: Thanks :)

What night is sushi night? :P

Tonda_WEGCash
11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
I am open any night...you find the room number and Gabe and I will be there:) Glad I caught you in time!!!

Mike AI
11-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Vick that sucks you are not going.... I miss you! You will have to make it to NO soon! ( or Tampa! :D )

I will be in Vegas for the full week, gonig to stay a few extra days for the AVN part, try to pick up some ideas....

Looking forward to seeing everyone as always.

I have been thinking of some new designers for Oprano shirts... I was thinking maybe some kind of contest or something.

Gonzo, any ideas?

gonzo
11-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 3 2003, 04:37 PM
Vick that sucks you are not going.... I miss you! You will have to make it to NO soon! ( or Tampa! :D )

I will be in Vegas for the full week, gonig to stay a few extra days for the AVN part, try to pick up some ideas....

I have been thinking of some new designers for Oprano shirts... I was thinking maybe some kind of contest or something.

Gonzo, any ideas?
Actually yes I do...Ive been rolling a few around in my head.
Since the cat is coming out of the bag...Im interested in seeing what kind of contest that the rest of you guys think would be good for Oprano?
From both a webmasters perspective as well as a designers.

Im sure the winner would be highly featured here on Oprano.

Thoughts anyone? Ill add mine in later tonight. I got a conference call with a Homegrown to attend.

VooMan
11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Okay, I'm lost...

I heard that this January show was going to be at the Mandalay Bay. Evidently I was mis-informed... ;)

Peaches
11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Tonda_WEGCash@Nov 3 2003, 05:34 PM
I am open any night...you find the room number and Gabe and I will be there:) Glad I caught you in time!!!
Not a problem getting the room number - just a few shots of Jaeger and the promise of boobage will do it. :P

I actually saved $80 on the plane ticket by getting it for the 5-8th and got better seats. :okthumb:

Bestat
11-03-2003, 06:38 PM
We will be at the Venetian, 4th through 8th, not my favorite hotel but just makes more sense for meetings and such.

Kath, we need to plan dinner now! You know how the schedules get. :)

B)

gonzo
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Bestat@Nov 3 2003, 06:46 PM
We will be at the Venetian, 4th through 8th, not my favorite hotel but just makes more sense for meetings and such.

B)
Peaches we need to schedule dinner. You know how thin my wallet gets.
If we dont rumors will have me owing you dinner and then you will go to partied and talk smack about me when Im not there.

Vick
11-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 3 2003, 04:37 PM

Gonzo, any ideas?
It has been too long :(

Think the last time we actually got to enjoy some QT was the nights before your and Katie's wedding

Didn't contact anyone when I came down for Mardi Gras this year as I think you were in Tampa and I know Billy was busy

I'll be in Orlando the first week of December but with Sebastian so really can't do much

Will probably make it to NO this spring sometime, will get together with you soon for fun, food and great conversation one way or another

Peaches
11-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Nov 3 2003, 08:58 PM
If we dont rumors will have me owing you dinner and then you will go to partied and talk smack about me when Im not there.
Nice try, Buster! I owe you LUNCH, not dinner. :angry: Of course, there is the interest which has been accumulating since August..... :unsure:

I just got a credit card with a pug on it (yeah, I'm sick), I can think of no better way to use it than to buy you a meal. :P Then will you stop emailing and ICQing me every 5 minutes reminding me I owe you? :nyanya:

gonzo
11-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 3 2003, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 3 2003, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@Nov 3 2003, 08:58 PM
Nice try, Buster! I owe you LUNCH, not dinner. :angry: Of course, there is the interest which has been accumulating since August..... :unsure:

I just got a credit card with a pug on it (yeah, I'm sick), I can think of no better way to use it than to buy you a meal. :P Then will you stop emailing and ICQing me every 5 minutes reminding me I owe you? :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
Sounds good to me. I kinda got me a taste for Commanders Palace!

Hell Puppy
11-03-2003, 09:26 PM
It's official. I'm booked. I'm off my leash for Internext.

Hell Puppy
11-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 01:33 PM
I really hated staying Harrahs last year and the HI in FL - called me spoiled but poor, and I'll be at the Venetian in one of the small rooms. :P
What? You didn't like the Don Johnson Suite?

GonZo's gonna be heartbroken that you're not gonna be his neighbor in the Dan Tanna Suite.

Peaches
11-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Nov 3 2003, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Nov 3 2003, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 01:33 PM

GonZo's gonna be heartbroken that you're not gonna be his neighbor in the Dan Tanna Suite.[/b][/quote]
I was very thankful that Gonzo was my neighbor at the HI when he walked me home one night. :)

'Tis why I'm staying at the Venetian this time - I hate finding people to walk me back to my hotel and I'm too much of a wuss to do it alone (unless I've had a few too many apple martinis and then I walk back at 4 AM without realizing what I've done until the next morning.... :unsure: )

Sounds good to me. I kinda got me a taste for Commanders Palace!
Is that where Michael and Serge took us last year? If so, it was GOOD! :) I'll have to check and make sure the pug card can handle that big an expense. :o

Dravyk
11-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Nov 3 2003, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Nov 3 2003, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 01:33 PM

GonZo's gonna be heartbroken that you're not gonna be his neighbor in the Dan Tanna Suite.[/b][/quote]
What? No one likes the Denny Terrio suite anymore? <_<

Likewise, doing the Venetian for three days (forget which three) -- basically cause of the same reasons others have said, the hotel is a snore, but it's just easier to get around.

baddog
11-03-2003, 11:43 PM
I'll just stay at my condo . . . . it's paid for :bdance:

baddog
11-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by baddog@Nov 3 2003, 08:51 PM
. . . . . and right behind the Venetian :D

Hell Puppy
11-04-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by baddog@Nov 3 2003, 11:51 PM
So is that the week you originally picked or did you have to trade for it?

ulfie
11-04-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 09:48 PM
'Tis why I'm staying at the Venetian this time - I hate finding people to walk me back to my hotel and I'm too much of a wuss to do it alone (unless I've had a few too many apple martinis and then I walk back at 4 AM without realizing what I've done until the next morning....

Hey, I staggered you home one night in Florida. What did we do, I don't remember. ;)

baddog
11-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Nov 3 2003, 09:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Nov 3 2003, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--baddog@Nov 3 2003, 11:51 PM
So is that the week you originally picked or did you have to trade for it?[/b][/quote]
I don't do weeks, I go whenever I want

sarah_webinc
11-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm booked with hubby at the Aladdin. We are getting in the evening of the 3rd and flying back out in the afternoon of the 8th. I think I am going to spend most of the 4th getting over the time difference and shopping at the mall for stuff I can't get over here.

Peaches
11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by ulfie+Nov 4 2003, 01:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ulfie @ Nov 4 2003, 01:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 09:48 PM
'Tis why I'm staying at the Venetian this time - I hate finding people to walk me back to my hotel and I'm too much of a wuss to do it alone (unless I've had a few too many apple martinis and then I walk back at 4 AM without realizing what I've done until the next morning....

Hey, I staggered you home one night in Florida. What did we do, I don't remember. ;)[/b][/quote]
I was your sex slave for hours! :o I can't believe you don't remember. :(

Though I have to admit I was a little concerned when you kept yelling out the name "Danny". :unsure:

dantheman
11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 4 2003, 08:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 4 2003, 08:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -ulfie@Nov 4 2003, 01:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Nov 3 2003, 09:48 PM

Hey, I staggered you home one night in Florida. What did we do, I don't remember. ;)

Though I have to admit I was a little concerned when you kept yelling out the name "Danny". :unsure:[/b][/quote]
he was yelling danny because he needed some help with his "sex slave" :P

Peaches
11-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by dantheman@Nov 4 2003, 09:47 AM

Hey, I staggered you home one night in Florida. What did we do, I don't remember. ;)[/QUOTE]

Though I have to admit I was a little concerned when you kept yelling out the name "Danny". :unsure:[/QUOTE]
he was yelling danny because he needed some help with his "sex slave" :P[/quote]
Those young whipper snappers just can't handle the older women all alone. :okthumb:

Carrie
11-04-2003, 09:49 AM
What do you guys with school-age kids do? The start of the spring semester coincided perfectly with Internext last year and again this year, grumble grumble. I hate that it's during the week and not on a weekend.

Peaches
11-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Nov 4 2003, 10:57 AM
What do you guys with school-age kids do? The start of the spring semester coincided perfectly with Internext last year and again this year, grumble grumble. I hate that it's during the week and not on a weekend.
When mine was younger, he'd stay with a relative or friend. Heck, he may be doing that this show. :P

Toolz
11-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 4 2003, 07:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 4 2003, 07:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Nov 4 2003, 10:57 AM
When mine was younger, he'd stay with a relative or friend. Heck, he may be doing that this show. :P[/b][/quote]
Better lock up all your car keys if you leave him home alone :)

In addition I can send over some DNA kits so can check for any traces of a party gone afoul there.

Peaches
11-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Toolz+Nov 4 2003, 11:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toolz @ Nov 4 2003, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Peaches@Nov 4 2003, 07:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Nov 4 2003, 10:57 AM
When mine was younger, he'd stay with a relative or friend. Heck, he may be doing that this show. :P
Better lock up all your car keys if you leave him home alone :)

In addition I can send over some DNA kits so can check for any traces of a party gone afoul there.[/b][/quote]
Therein lies the problem: Since we're down to one car, he will be carless since I'll need to get to the airport. If Wig goes at the same times I do, I could probably get a ride with him, but leaving the ONE CAR that's left with the kid would worry me the whole time I was there. :unsure:

Toolz
11-04-2003, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't worry about the car, you can insure those, couple DNA kits for you?

Peaches
11-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Toolz@Nov 4 2003, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't worry about the car, you can insure those
You obviously haven't looked at the cost of insuring a 20 year old with 3 speeding tickets and a totalled car on his record. :( And we didn't even report the time he fell asleep on the highway........Not to mention, cars aren't the only things that get damaged in most accidents. :unsure:

That's why I want him the AF - let him wreck the vehicles my tax dollars have paid for on the AF's insurance. :P

Billy
11-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Well just called rose tours and wanted to let people know.
If you are going for the show the rates have changed at the
venetian.

4th =159
5th = 199
6th = 199
7th - 11th = 329

They went up from the 7th on.

kath
11-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bestat@Nov 3 2003, 03:46 PM

B)
Agreed! :rokk:

LMK when you've got time for a phone call as well hon - it's been WAY too long. Everytime I think to pick up the phone it seems like it's too late. <_<

ICQ me or drop me an email and let me know what time is good. If you were trying to call me, use the home # - I changed cell providers and didn't keep my old number... we need to get this stuff planned ASAP - I know how limited your time can be @ the January show.

You guys still doing a booth?

Peaches
11-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Nov 4 2003, 12:18 PM
7th - 11th = 329

No shit! That's up $90! :zoinks: Oh well, there goes my savings on the plane ticket I got.

Gonzo - plan on In-N-Out Burger. :(

Toolz
11-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Peaches,

Does crashing a govt' vehicle go on your driving record? Or do you get a new driving record when you come out of the service?

Billy,

$329 for the Venetian, does that include lap dances and champagne and caviar breakfast?

Peaches
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Toolz@Nov 4 2003, 02:12 PM
Peaches,

Does crashing a govt' vehicle go on your driving record? Or do you get a new driving record when you come out of the service?

Don't know, don't care. It will no longer be my concern. :rokk:

OK, I'm reserved - checking in on the 5th, out on the 8th. She didn't say anything about the increase in rates, so I'm not opening my mouth. :)

gonzo
11-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 4 2003, 11:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 4 2003, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Billy@Nov 4 2003, 12:18 PM
7th - 11th = 329

No shit! That's up $90! :zoinks: Oh well, there goes my savings on the plane ticket I got.

Gonzo - plan on In-N-Out Burger. :([/b][/quote]
Oh hell NO! Fatburger at the least. Besides I already called and told emril you were buying.....BAM!

Billy
11-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Toolz.. since I hear you are getting ready to get married I gues every day you will get a lap dance !

Peaches
11-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Nov 4 2003, 04:11 PM
Oh hell NO! Fatburger at the least. Besides I already called and told emril you were buying.....BAM!
Bring a dead roach with you - we'll get a comped meal trailer trash style. :)

gonzo
11-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Nov 4 2003, 05:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Nov 4 2003, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gonzo@Nov 4 2003, 04:11 PM
Bring a dead roach with you - we'll get a comped meal trailer trash style. :)[/b][/quote]
Nah Ill just tell em to put it on Grogan's tab. hes rich...he wont mind.

Sharpie
11-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Well, I am kind of excited. Doing something new this year. Since we are not doing AdultDex - for the first time we don't have comp rooms...:-(

Will be staying at the brand new Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare on the strip. I bought a 2 bedroom penthouse suite last year. (in a weaker moment) It is supposed to open in Jan. So, we will be there for a week, starting the 3rd. We have a car, but sometimes is worth just calling a cab and have them dump you off at the backdoor of the convention center.