PDA

View Full Version : I have a very very very very stupid question

newb
10-30-2003, 11:30 AM
If I have hardcore penetration pictures that I put on a tour, and I edit out the actual penetration part of the picture with say a light flash or something over the penetration, is that going to be better for making sales AND for being more compliant with obscenity laws?

I mean if I have a pic of a dick going into a pussy and I flash out with a little star that says "members only" or something, is that going to bring in more sales or less, or make no difference? and is that good for the laws too or it doesnt matter?

Last edited by newb at Oct 30 2003, 08:39 AM

brand0n
10-30-2003, 11:31 AM
i try and stick with the "less is more" concepts. if you give away to much, then why would the surfer want to pay to see whats inside?

newb
10-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 08:39 AM
i try and stick with the "less is more" concepts. if you give away to much, then why would the surfer want to pay to see whats inside?
does that mean you cencor out the hardcore part, or you cut the hardcore part out of the picture?

I mean I have pictures here of couples and groupsex that I want to use, should I just only show them above the waist, or keep the penetration in but censor it?

brand0n
10-30-2003, 11:37 AM
yea throw a couple star bursts to cover, or some txt MEMEBERS ONLY and have that link to your join page

Carrie
10-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Censoring the pics on your tour makes you *slightly* less of a target.
It also increases the tease factor - as Brand0n said, less is more. You don't want a surfer blowing his load on your tour before he pulls out his credit card.
You will, though, want to make sure that in your tour text you mention that the photos inside are completely uncensored.

Many paysites are skipping the "tease" effect now and going straight for the in-your-face hardcore on the tour, including movie clips of penetration.

If you really want to see what works better, make two tours and see how both convert (one hardcore and one censored/softcore) and then go with whichever one increases your bottom line.

Trev
10-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by newb+Oct 30 2003, 06:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newb @ Oct 30 2003, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 08:39 AM
does that mean you cencor out the hardcore part, or you cut the hardcore part out of the picture?

I mean I have pictures here of couples and groupsex that I want to use, should I just only show them above the waist, or keep the penetration in but censor it?[/b][/quote]
I'd keep the hardcore in but like you say censor it out with a star or light flash... I feel it gives all the sizzle but none of the steak that way

Carrie
10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 11:45 AM
yea throw a couple star bursts to cover, or some txt MEMEBERS ONLY and have that link to your join page
You can also use creative text that won't look like blatant censoring... like if you had the phrase

100%
RAW!

You could have part of the W in "raw" just happen to cover up the insertion, or the exclamation point.
That way the sales text is still the focus and it doesn't look like you were purposely censoring the pic.

Trev
10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 30 2003, 06:45 PM
Censoring the pics on your tour makes you *slightly* less of a target.
It also increases the tease factor - as Brand0n said, less is more. You don't want a surfer blowing his load on your tour before he pulls out his credit card.
You will, though, want to make sure that in your tour text you mention that the photos inside are completely uncensored.

Many paysites are skipping the "tease" effect now and going straight for the in-your-face hardcore on the tour, including movie clips of penetration.

If you really want to see what works better, make two tours and see how both convert (one hardcore and one censored/softcore) and then go with whichever one increases your bottom line.
Thats what I was wanting to say :D

brand0n
10-30-2003, 11:41 AM
holy mother of god, Trev and Carrie in this post and i wasent bashed? what is this board comming 2?

Trev
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 06:49 PM
holy mother of god, Trev and Carrie in this post and i wasent bashed? what is this board comming 2?
I thought your advice was spot on, bang on target :okthumb:

How can I bash you for that...

brand0n
10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 30 2003, 08:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 30 2003, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 06:49 PM

How can I bash you for that...[/b][/quote]
becouse you dont like me remember?

Trev
10-30-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm adjusting, kinda loosening up in my old age

Carrie
10-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 30 2003, 11:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 30 2003, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 06:49 PM

How can I bash you for that...[/b][/quote]
Yup. Spot-on.
Life is much easier when you're not flipping everyone the bird, ain't it? :awinky:

Bex
10-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 30 2003, 08:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 30 2003, 08:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -newb@Oct 30 2003, 06:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 08:39 AM

I mean I have pictures here of couples and groupsex that I want to use, should I just only show them above the waist, or keep the penetration in but censor it?
I'd keep the hardcore in but like you say censor it out with a star or light flash... I feel it gives all the sizzle but none of the steak that way[/b][/quote]
Good advice. :okthumb:

And that makes me hungry for steak (damn you).

Wizzo
10-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Well said, by Carrie and Trev....

Toolz
10-30-2003, 12:19 PM
And people claim there's no one helping newbies on this board :)

spazlabz
10-30-2003, 12:24 PM
I am a contributor to Badpuppy and they have a hard and fast rule (no pun intended) that there will be no male genetalia displayed outside the members area on the tour. Ok, that makes it difficult, I threw together a tour, added a couple of flash files in there, and got a lot of response ffrom the flash of 2 guys kissing
was a real turn on for the surfers.

made me rethink a thing or two

spaz

Trev
10-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by spazlabz@Oct 30 2003, 07:32 PM
I am a contributor to Badpuppy and they have a hard and fast rule (no pun intended) that there will be no male genetalia displayed outside the members area on the tour. Ok, that makes it difficult, I threw together a tour, added a couple of flash files in there, and got a lot of response ffrom the flash of 2 guys kissing

spaz
This is where I've been banging my head a bit.

We're designing some tours for about 9 paysites and I want to see the tits, ass and crotch shots but I don't want any penetration to be seen (not even a finger or a dildo!!).

I want to be as hard as possible without blowing the surfers load or going against any obscenity laws..

Do you think I'm heading in the wrong direction?

Oh yeah Wig thats why I aint hit you up yet but I will :awinky:

sarettah
10-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by brand0n@Oct 30 2003, 11:39 AM
:okthumb:

Bex
10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--spazlabz@Oct 30 2003, 07:32 PM

spaz

We're designing some tours for about 9 paysites and I want to see the tits, ass and crotch shots but I don't want any penetration to be seen (not even a finger or a dildo!!).

I want to be as hard as possible without blowing the surfers load or going against any obscenity laws..

Oh yeah Wig thats why I aint hit you up yet but I will :awinky:[/b][/quote]
Trev ... Not the wrong direction IMHO. Throw in all the "sizzle" if you will. I think one of the best pics you could put in would be the dildo just approaching etc. Don't show them more, make them want more! Make the surfer sign up and go inside the member section to see the steak, or in this case pussy / penetration.

It always annoyed me how webmasters would bitch about conversions etc. And I know I have heard Toolz say this time and again, and I agree with him 100%. People have to get back to promoting sites in a way that makes people want to sign up. All together too much is given away for free. If someone gets to see everything from fully clothed, to the happy finish and everywhere in between, where is the incentive to buy?

Sorry for the rant :) Anyhow ... I think the mind set you have there is a totally good direction to go in, and I think that you will have good luck with it!
A nickels worth of free opinion ... take it for what it is worth. :)

spazlabz
10-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--spazlabz@Oct 30 2003, 07:32 PM

spaz

Oh yeah Wig thats why I aint hit you up yet but I will :awinky:[/b][/quote]
YES!
ummm
NO!
Ok, i gotta admit, I couldn't sell a str8 site to a horny teen boy!
Gay sites, thats a different story though. I can moce those.

spaz

KevinG
10-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Great advice everybody. All I can add is the little cliche, rhyme to help you remember what everybody said:

"Tease 'em, don't please 'em".

Trev
10-31-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Bex+Oct 30 2003, 10:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bex @ Oct 30 2003, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Trev@Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--spazlabz@Oct 30 2003, 07:32 PM

spaz

Trev ... Not the wrong direction IMHO. Throw in all the "sizzle" if you will. I think one of the best pics you could put in would be the dildo just approaching etc. Don't show them more, make them want more! Make the surfer sign up and go inside the member section to see the steak, or in this case pussy / penetration.

It always annoyed me how webmasters would bitch about conversions etc. And I know I have heard Toolz say this time and again, and I agree with him 100%. People have to get back to promoting sites in a way that makes people want to sign up. All together too much is given away for free. If someone gets to see everything from fully clothed, to the happy finish and everywhere in between, where is the incentive to buy?

Sorry for the rant :) Anyhow ... I think the mind set you have there is a totally good direction to go in, and I think that you will have good luck with it!
A nickels worth of free opinion ... take it for what it is worth. :)[/b][/quote]
I'm so glad I don't have to start again with our designs, we are having some problems with the designs for 2 of our niches though:

Anal & Cumshot!

How do you tempt without giving it all away for free? I've looked at thousands of pics and site after site and now I've realized that for the anal niche we aren’t going to show penetration, but as you say a dildo or penis just approaching the hot spot.

Cumshots are a nightmare though, but I'm sure we'll prevail.

Thanks for your input it's appreciated :okthumb:

Trev
10-31-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by spazlabz+Oct 31 2003, 12:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spazlabz @ Oct 31 2003, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Trev@Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM

spaz

YES!
ummm
NO!
Ok, i gotta admit, I couldn't sell a str8 site to a horny teen boy!
Gay sites, thats a different story though. I can moce those.

spaz[/b][/quote]
Gay sites are something I've never had any luck with, I've tryed and tryed but I just don't have an eye for what gets them hot under the collar...

Teen boys on the other hand are another story all together... They're hot under the collar before they even start to surf lol

:D

Bex
10-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Trev+Oct 31 2003, 12:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trev @ Oct 31 2003, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Bex@Oct 30 2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by -Trev@Oct 30 2003, 09:48 AM

spaz

A nickels worth of free opinion ... take it for what it is worth. :)
I'm so glad I don't have to start again with our designs, we are having some problems with the designs for 2 of our niches though:

Anal & Cumshot!

How do you tempt without giving it all away for free? I've looked at thousands of pics and site after site and now I've realized that for the anal niche we aren’t going to show penetration, but as you say a dildo or penis just approaching the hot spot.

Cumshots are a nightmare though, but I'm sure we'll prevail.

Thanks for your input it's appreciated :okthumb:[/b][/quote]
np :)

Yeah, cumshots do present their own brand of problem. Maybe the look on the face just before "receiving" is something to look for?