PDA

View Full Version : E-mail campaign to sponsors & billing companies...

Squirt
10-29-2003, 06:35 AM
I've heard some people here have balls to face issues and call a spade a spade so here's your shot to show what you're made of. Let's see if anyone here has what it takes to get some answers.

It has become evident that sponsors or billing companies have given our private information to Acacia, or someone who consults Acacia.

Instead of complaining and pointing fingers.. get answers of your own!

Copy the email below and send it to all of your sponsors and billing companies. Those who do good business will answer your email. Those that don’t might have something to hide.
Our sponsors and billing companies are our friends and business partners… this email is not adversarial.. it’s an open communication so you know the parameters that the companies you do business work within.

Copy below---------------------------------

Dear (fill in the blank)

Due to recent concerns regarding Acacia and the leaking of private information I need answers to each of the following questions as soon as possible:

1) In the terms of our contract are you allowed to give my personal information to a third party?

2) Have you given my personal information to a third party in any way, ever? If so, when?

3) If you have given my personal information to a third party why? Who did you give it to?

4) If you have given my personal information to a third party I request contact information for the third party.

5) Have you asked Acacia if they are using your customer list?

I value your business and enjoy working with you. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards ~

(fill in the blank)

End copy -----------------------------------------------------

I think it’s important for each of you to have official answers from each of your sponsors and billing companies on what is happening with your private information. If you ever do go to court, you can use the responses from these entities in the discovery process.

I would suggest not doing business with companies that do not respond to this email. Their silence on GFY and other boards has been deafening. This email should help peg those still hiding under a rock. Good luck and post your responses in this thread so we all know who is sending responses and who is remaining silent.

gonzo
11-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Squirt@Oct 29 2003, 06:43 AM
I've heard some people here have balls to face issues and call a spade a spade so here's your shot to show what you're made of. Let's see if anyone here has what it takes to get some answers.

It has become evident that sponsors or billing companies have given our private information to Acacia, or someone who consults Acacia.

Instead of complaining and pointing fingers.. get answers of your own!

Copy the email below and send it to all of your sponsors and billing companies. Those who do good business will answer your email. Those that don’t might have something to hide.
Our sponsors and billing companies are our friends and business partners… this email is not adversarial.. it’s an open communication so you know the parameters that the companies you do business work within.

Copy below---------------------------------

Dear (fill in the blank)

Due to recent concerns regarding Acacia and the leaking of private information I need answers to each of the following questions as soon as possible:

1) In the terms of our contract are you allowed to give my personal information to a third party?

2) Have you given my personal information to a third party in any way, ever? If so, when?

3) If you have given my personal information to a third party why? Who did you give it to?

4) If you have given my personal information to a third party I request contact information for the third party.

5) Have you asked Acacia if they are using your customer list?

I value your business and enjoy working with you. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards ~

(fill in the blank)

End copy -----------------------------------------------------

I think it’s important for each of you to have official answers from each of your sponsors and billing companies on what is happening with your private information. If you ever do go to court, you can use the responses from these entities in the discovery process.

I would suggest not doing business with companies that do not respond to this email. Their silence on GFY and other boards has been deafening. This email should help peg those still hiding under a rock. Good luck and post your responses in this thread so we all know who is sending responses and who is remaining silent.
this thread needs a bump!

Carrie
11-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Nov 3 2003, 01:26 PM
this thread needs a bump!
Yes it does! On my to-do list for today was to hunt down these questions (Squirt's posted them all over) and send off some letters. You just made it easier for me! Tankee tankee :awinky:

LittleC
11-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Good idea !

I might place it on our website and put it in our terms and conditions.

We never give out any info.

Very good post !

cherrylula
11-03-2003, 01:43 PM
I think at this point any companies that want to save face should make SURE their affiliates know they are not giving out their information under any circumstances. As in make a public statement or email their affiliates assuring us that our personal info is not being given to acacia.

Is there a list of acacia free sponsors? As in those who refuse to settle and will not be giving our info out? That would be nice.