PDA

View Full Version : California fires affecting our felow webmasters

Sharpie
10-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Was just reading on the Ynot board about many of our fellow webmasters being evacuated from thier homes. It was reported that Ynot Bob has had to move out & a great link to Asia's site with a pic of her watching the fire. She also had to evacuate.

I am not one to drop links to other boards, but this seems to be the only board I have seen with reports on the fire and how it is affecting our friends and associates.

http://chat.ynotmasters.com/public/...997&Site_ID=yno

Mike AI
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
That sucks!!

At least your show is not going on now! <_<

Sharpie
10-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Your right - thank God. It is just slowing us down a little right now, as some of the people helping me with the show are being directly and indirectly pre-occupied right now.

You just never know - what's next.......

Carrie
10-28-2003, 12:19 PM
I was hoping for more pictures than just the link that Confucy ("liberty") posted to Asia's site.
Over at GFY we went pouring through the Yahoo pictures section and posted some really amazing photos.

Hope Bob and all of those folks are okay.

Kacy
10-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Here is a site with updated info about the fires
http://www.incidentcontrol.com

Doesn't look like they have anything about the San Diego fires on there though. All others thoughs I think.

It's raining ashes here :( Its just terrbile

kath
10-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the excellent link Kacy... it's got much more information than any media sites I've found so far. Our local news sucks. We can smell the smoke strong today out in the desert, but it's hard to tell from the news where the fires are, who is being evacuated, etc..

Still searching for a close-to real-time map or something that shows where the fire is... now that would be a good use of 'Net technology for people out of the area, close to the area or folks concerned about the homes they've left behind.

Hoping best thoughts for Bob, the SD YNOT crew and everyone else down there. I heard a brief report that it might burn all the way to the ocean... what a disaster! :zoinks:

Carrie
10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
If it *does* burn all the way to the ocean, then come spring when the mudslides start, we might actually see California slide into the ocean...