PDA

View Full Version : Count me in too! Got my Acacia letter today...

Carrie
10-25-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm at the 'rents right now but stopped and got my business mail on the way over.
I must say, I was expecting a larger and more formidable packet. Not three sheets of paper folded up in a normal business envelope.

One letter, two glossies from CNet. It's obvious what they're hoping will do the convincing for them... 2/3rds of the packet isn't even THEIR material.

Also at the top of the letter it states in big underlined bold words: FINAL NOTICE... Looks like these guys need a lesson in chronology also. This would be an INITIAL NOTICE, not a final notice, since it's the first thing I've received from them.

No domains listed on it. Came addressed to both myself and my corporation. I'll check with the usual suspects to see who's got the full corp info and get back to you guys - while I have used the same name and mailing address with everyone, I haven't used the corporation's name with everyone. So that'll help a bit.

Let the games begin!!

ulfie
10-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Got mine as well.

baddog
10-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 25 2003, 08:49 AM
I'm at the 'rents right now but stopped and got my business mail on the way over.
I must say, I was expecting a larger and more formidable packet. Not three sheets of paper folded up in a normal business envelope.

One letter, two glossies from CNet. It's obvious what they're hoping will do the convincing for them... 2/3rds of the packet isn't even THEIR material.

Also at the top of the letter it states in big underlined bold words: FINAL NOTICE... Looks like these guys need a lesson in chronology also. This would be an INITIAL NOTICE, not a final notice, since it's the first thing I've received from them.

No domains listed on it. Came addressed to both myself and my corporation. I'll check with the usual suspects to see who's got the full corp info and get back to you guys - while I have used the same name and mailing address with everyone, I haven't used the corporation's name with everyone. So that'll help a bit.

Let the games begin!!
hope they remembered to say Happy Birthday

gonzo
10-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 25 2003, 11:49 AM

Let the games begin!!
Like I said...BOYCOTT all the Sellouts/Supporters.

Danny...I just got a bunch of shit from Em over on Ammasters cuz she was pissed that included Homegrown.

I hate it for her but they/yall made the choice to have Ron admin that affiliate program. And if a company settles I dont give a SHIT how you spin in ...they are directly or indirectly supporting the action.

Paul Markham
10-26-2003, 03:11 AM
They are just sending them out like confetti hoping someone will sign up.

If they had a real rock solid case, would they be acting like this? Rather going after sites on a one by one basis and taking them straight to court? Winning then targetting the next one, this would soon build up a head of steam that would make them unstopable. The more I look at this the less I think they are convinced this case will stand up in court.

So why did the big boys cave in? Well maybe they backed both ends and possibly thay would like to see the market culled. But also consider they asked lawyers their opinion and decisions are made by accountants, not the two professions noted for guys with balls.