PDA

View Full Version : If you want Prior art..............

sarettah
10-24-2003, 11:57 AM
This is strictly my opinion, and ONLY my opinion......

But it has occurred to me many times as I have read the actual Acacia patents and have read how they are being interpreted that if you want to find prior art, don't necessarilly limit it to computers, networks, etc....

From what I get from reading all the stuff is that Acacia has tried to re-patent television transmission to a certain extent...

Television is definitely a "streaming media".... That it goes across the airwaves instead of the wire does not really matter...

Inaddition, cable television (across the wire) has been around since the late 60's, early 70's....

If I remember right, satellite transmission, from the mid-late 60's has always used a compression technology of some sorts and I know for a fact that the U.S. Navy used compression technologies on transmission of sound across wires since at least the mid-late 60's if not sooner (Patent holders would probably be WECO, look for SOSUS related stuff)....

anyway, just a thought........

Forest
10-24-2003, 11:58 AM
i thought you were going to post some of serges museum pics

:angry:

sarettah
10-24-2003, 12:29 PM
lolol........

sorry about the Forest...........

an addition to my original post........

I guess one of the key words in all of this is "digital'...

So if anyone looks for the WECO patents I mentioned, one of the key acronyms in them would be "DSA" as in "digital Spectrum analysis"..

FightThePatent
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Oct 24 2003, 08:05 AM

Inaddition, cable television (across the wire) has been around since the late 60's, early 70's....

It won't apply as prior art because Tv, satellite, etc are not user selectable to choose to view a specific file/movie.

being digital is the first key, so cable and satellite are included.

Acacia's patent also covers Video on Demand.. so references to VOD systems prior to 1990 would definitely help with prior art.

Fight the Patent!