PDA

View Full Version : Wiccan consulting........

sarettah
10-21-2003, 08:37 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...norway_witch_dc (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20031021/od_nm/life_norway_witch_dc)

Witch Gets State Grant
45 minutes ago

OSLO (Reuters) - A witch has won subsidies from the Norwegian state to run a business of potions, fortune-telling and magic.

Lena Skarning, 33, won the unprecedented start-up grant of 53,000 crowns ($7,400) after promising not to try out harmful spells with her business, Forest Witch Magic Consulting.

Skarning, who owns a white cat and says she has been practicing witchcraft for 13 years, said the runaway success of JK Rowling's Harry Potter (news - web sites) books about a boy wizard may have made society more tolerant of sorcery.

"But Harry Potter is a fairy tale and I'm not," she told Reuters Tuesday. "I'm the real thing. And now I'm Norway's only state-backed witch."

Carrie
10-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Finally, something that we are ahead of when compared to Europe.

Rox
10-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Carrie, do you mean the millions of dollars going to faith-based organizations? I guess that would put us "ahead" of Europe...

They've obviously still got us beat hands-down in the realm of religious tolerance, though. :P

Carrie
10-21-2003, 11:35 AM
No actually I mean the state licensing of Wiccan practitioners and priests/priestesses. Hubby and I were handfasted by one back in '98. She was also fully licensed to perform Reikki by the state and had her own (beautiful) little shop where she did - among other things - "consultations". I miss her :)

Dianna Vesta
10-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Rox@Oct 21 2003, 08:58 AM
Carrie, do you mean the millions of dollars going to faith-based organizations? I guess that would put us "ahead" of Europe...

They've obviously still got us beat hands-down in the realm of religious tolerance, though. :P
Right on. Somethings never really change.

Carrie
10-21-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't really agree, ladies. I see religious tolerance everywhere - especially where the States, Fed Gov't, and lawmakers are concerned.

Now if you're talking about the common populace, you've got a great point there... but then again you'll never get widespread tolerance no matter where you go when it comes to the people themselves. Take the radical muslims, for example... they don't care if you're Christian or Wiccan - you're still non-muslim and therefore must die.

In recent years though I must admit I've seen a lot more non-tolerance coming from the Pagans than I have the Christians, and it troubles me. It's like those people are becoming what they despise... hating someone simply because of their religion and prosecuting the Christians just as they used to do to us. :(

Torone
10-22-2003, 07:02 AM
What? No pictures? I was hoping there'd be one with her and the cat...I haven't seen a white pussy in awhile. :biglaugh:

brand0n
10-22-2003, 05:53 PM
i see.. a fat ugly fuck.. its.. its.. gonzo!