PDA

View Full Version : Attention MikeAI, Nickatilynx, Vick, Colin and JR

FightThePatent
10-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Hopefully i have named this thread appropriately so only MikeAI, Nickatilynx, Vick, Colin and JR are reading this...

If you aren't one of the 5, it's ok if you read too, especially if you end up pleding support to Fight the Patent Foundation.

Trev looks up to you guys as people with insight and credibility. He says he will pledge, if most or all of you do as well.

I hope that you will share in my vision as outlined at http://www.FightThePatent.com/go and make a pledge.

I am not collecting any money from anyone, just pledges of $100.... that if $250,000 can be pledged, then the pledges would be turned into donations.

I asked him what it would take, or who does he need to see pledging in order for him to pledge his $100.

Since none of you have pledged (unless i missed a board name with real name), I ask you the same...what would it take, or who would it take for you to show your support?

Far-L pleged $100 for Home Grown Video today with some other pledges coming shortly.

Thanks for your time. I hope that you will find my efforts and my visions become your vision as well when you make a pledge to support FTPF.

-brandon

FightThePatent
10-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Mike AI and Oprano Rocks! Just pledged $250.

Anyone else from this list of people care to join them? It would help Trev in making his decision to pledge as well.

Fight the Patent!

Vick
10-20-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm very honored to be mentioned with these individuals
and am impressed with and grateful for the work Brandon/Fight The Patent has been doing

Long story short - pledge made

Almighty Colin
10-21-2003, 05:49 AM
Some of the people you mentioned have already made considerable similar donations elsewhere and anonymously. *cough*

Trev
10-21-2003, 06:53 AM
Ok I'm sold :D

FightThePatent
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Oct 21 2003, 03:01 AM
Ok I'm sold :D
U rock!

Thanks for the pledge Trev.

Fight the Patent!

FightThePatent
10-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Oct 21 2003, 01:57 AM
Some of the people you mentioned have already made considerable similar donations elsewhere and anonymously. *cough*

I applaud your generosity and support for the other places you donated to.

I am looking to get 2,500 webmasters to pledge $100 each.

FTPF and IMPA are working together.. while we have an overlap in the patent issues, we are working it in differnet ways.

FTPF will have an ACLU-type feel, where I will be proactive to help companies who want to defend themselves against a patent abuse case...to provide defense attorneys to assist in their case, to provide prior art and expert witnesses.

Once the pledge drive goal has been met, I then turn to mainstream to raise even larger donations to build up the warchest.

The big boys may never get targeted by Acacia in a lawsuit, because they have the resources to fight it for years.. easier for Acacia to pick on the small guys, the very ones that need something like FTPF to turn to.

i realize the standard response to people asking for donations, is "i already gave"..... could you spare a $100 pledge? :D

more info on Fight the Patent Foundation at http://www.FightThePatent.com

Nickatilynx
10-21-2003, 10:28 AM
I'll pledge then :)