Rubix Cube?

Ray-Bans?

Leg Warmers?

Studio 54

vh-1 is doing an I love the 80's show

whats your memory of the 80's or lack there of

spazlabz
10-15-2003, 08:04 AM
MY HAIR!! I actually had a mohawk back then and miss it dearly. 4 inches wide, 4 inches high (brush style) and a tail that went to the middle of my back.
Leather/Spikes
No metal detectors in school.
The MUSIC!!! ALL OF IT
Bandananas tied down my entire left side, legs and arms
NEON ANYTHING!!
The haistyles the girls wore, and their make up. I always get turned on when watching shows about the 80s, the girls were just so damned sexy. Of course it could be that i was pumped up on vicous hormones through the entire decade.............

spaz

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Big Hair

Kylie Minogue singing "Locomotion"

Actually I'm with you spazlabz, I miss the music too!!

Arthur the Movie

Searching for somewhere that actually made a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
or at least had a piece of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick handy
to hit me with.

You know I miss the 80's *sniff*

:)

Last edited by HoneyBlond at Oct 15 2003, 11:21 PM

Carrie
10-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Headbanger's Ball

REAL Mtv (when they actually showed videos!)

Guys with long hair and ripped up jeans

I'm with Spaz - the music! ALL OF IT!!

Cars that had power and sounded good were cooler than cars that looked pretty and glowed ( :rolleyes: )

You had a problem with someone, you met 'em in the parking lot and beat the shit out of each other with your fists, or raced 'em with your car - fuck this "let's shoot everyone we see" shit

...all kinds of stuff. I miss the 80's too.

spazlabz
10-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Both of you girls are goddesses as far as I am concerned.
Fist fights and V8's!!!!
I actually TELL my kids about music videos and records!
they give me a blank stare when i say 45s
I wanna time travel back to the 80s
some one gimme a delorean NOW!!
LOL
spaz
feeling nastalgic now

Bishop
10-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Child of the 80's no doubt.. from those dorky junior high years to my waver high school turn around. Parachute pants, Beastie Boys, Van Halen, Depeche Mode, Vans, skate boarding, Camaros & RX-7's... Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Nightmare On Elm Street, arcades, skating rinks, MTV first broadcast, those hilarious Michael Jackson jackets... yeah I miss the 80's.

sarah_webinc
10-15-2003, 08:26 AM
i'm telling 'yah, i just spent a couple weeks worth of spare time putting together - http://www.live365.com/stations/bbwjayne - my own all 80's 'net radio station. I listened to just about every song ever to make it within the top ten in either the US or the UK. Conclusion - i love so much of the music. The 80's metal show is particuarly fun to do :)

Last edited by sarah_webinc at Oct 15 2003, 04:35 AM

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 11:27 PM
Guys with long hair and ripped up jeans

Cars that had power and sounded good were cooler than cars that looked pretty and glowed ( :rolleyes: )

You had a problem with someone, you met 'em in the parking lot and beat the shit out of each other with your fists, or raced 'em with your car -
Woot!!

I still love guys with long hair !! ( not as many of them round these days though ) :D

Yep the Cars ..Can't beat a nice sounding V8 *sigh*

Aaahhh yes you could negotiate world peace ( in your part of it at least ) with your knuckles or a lumpy V8 with a 650 Holley and extracters :awinky:

You know Looking back - Life seemed simpler then..

Forest
10-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond@Oct 15 2003, 07:20 AM
Arthur the Movie

:)
"your a hooooooker?

and i just thought i was doing well"

:D

Meni
10-15-2003, 08:56 AM
Metallica

Forest
10-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Meni@Oct 15 2003, 08:04 AM
Metallica
nahhh

they are still around

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Fergie bows - White leather fringed cowboy boots - Big gold earrings - Multiple belts - Coloured tights - Thin Black Leather Ties - BMX Bikes -

Do I sound like a fashion victim yet ?

:unsure:

Last edited by HoneyBlond at Oct 16 2003, 12:42 AM

Meni
10-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Forest
NO THEY ARE NOT still around
that, that thing you see on TV
that is not Metallica

Forest
10-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond@Oct 15 2003, 08:34 AM
Fergie bows - White leather fringed cowboy boots - Big gold earrings - Multiple belts - Coloured tights - Thin Black Leather Ties - BMX Bikes -

Do I sound like a fasion victim yet ?

i actuall still have a red and black thin leather ties

=(

:unsure: :blink:

Vick
10-15-2003, 09:34 AM
The 80's -
When Sex, Drug and Rock-n-Roll was Sex, Drug and Rock-n-Roll - Not Aids, Crack and Techno

Hammerjacks (best rock club on the East Coast - saw lots of hair bands there and hot girls were there wanting to hook up with long hair glam fags)

nothing succeeded like excess

The Reagan Years

Shopping at Rave for my glam fag clothes

Girls coming over to do my makeup before I went out

When Poison sang "Talk Dirty to Me" the girls said "I Want Action" and I was "Look what the Cat Dragged in"

When Guns-n-Roses was a new band

Whenever W.A.S.P.'s "Blind in Texas" came on the radio we stopped whatever we were doing and went out and got stinking drunk - sometimes for days

Motley Crue summed it up with "Girls, Girls, Girls" - We had already "Shout at the Devil"

Spandex

Billy Idol

Tons and tons of hair spray, then more hair spray

I'm forgetting a lot - because if you lived through the 80's - you had to forgot some of it

Vick
10-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Adam Ant -
"We don't follow fashion
That'd be a joke
You know were going to set them
So everyone can take notes"

KevinG
10-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond@Oct 15 2003, 04:45 AM
I still love guys with long hair !! ( not as many of them round these days though ) :D
Here's one. :inlove: I think I'm more stuck in the 70's than the '80s though B)

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 09:44 AM
One of my best memories of the 80's was seeing The Angels Last Concert at Cloudland in Brisbane.

( The Angels were Australia's #1 80's Headbanging group and Cloudland was a ballroom set high on a hillover looking Teneriffe in Brisbane, remarkable because of its suspended floor...even more remarkable it managed to survive a sold out crowd of teenage headbangers !! )

:yowsa:

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 09:45 AM
You clean up real purty Vick... :nyanya:

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by KevinG+Oct 16 2003, 12:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KevinG @ Oct 16 2003, 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--HoneyBlond@Oct 15 2003, 04:45 AM
Here's one. :inlove: I think I'm more stuck in the 70's than the '80s though B)[/b][/quote]

*mental note not to drool*

Please to meet you KevinG :)

70's man you say...Woo Hoo!!
That means we still have the 80's to look forward to!!

:okthumb:

Last edited by HoneyBlond at Oct 16 2003, 01:16 AM

Vick
10-15-2003, 10:10 AM
The Cult

LA Guns and the whole Electric Gypsy look and attitude

Yeah I cleaned up nicely ah ha ha ha ha

Vick
10-15-2003, 10:12 AM
It's the end, the end of the 70's
It's the end, the end of the century

Do you remember lying in bed
With your covers pulled up over your head?
Radio playin' so no one can see
We need change, we need it fast
Before rock's just part of the past
'Cause lately it all sounds the same to me
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh

Sherie
10-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Ginormous hair LOL

Leather Jackets with fringes

Platinum Blond Hair

Glam Rock - boys wearing more makeup then girls

The music!!!

High heels and jeans

The Breakfast Club - 16 Candles - Ferris Bullers Day Off - Weird Science

Oh the memories LOL

:rokk:

Kittyfuzz
10-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Definately leg warmers

Pink hair

high tops with skirts and shorts

Don't forget about those "feather" clips :P

B52's

Break Dancing

Zippered clothes and parachute pants

Oh, and the infamous Millie Vanillie!

Vick
10-15-2003, 11:03 AM
and all the fashions inspired by Madonna

Toolz
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Damn am I glad I had a sheltered 80's life, dressed normal and listened to U2 and Sabbath (post Ozzy years). Of course I was only 13 when the 90's hit :)

swank
10-15-2003, 11:12 AM
What I can remember:

Movies: TopGun
Music: Def Lepard
Spiked Hair, big ass glasses and parachute pants

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Oct 15 2003, 07:11 AM
and all the fashions inspired by Madonna
Oh sure... You try showing up in gym with a 'cone' jockstrap and see how many guys snicker at ya...

Toolz,

Your comment reminds me of time SweetT took bunch of us out for sushi in
NO at Fay's show (Japan House I think it was called)... Bangwang, OldFold
and JohnIP were going on and on about the 'glory days' of the 70s... the
parties, the women, the wild times... I chimed in about playing tag and
coloring and recess.. you could just see the liver spots erupting on their
arms as they groaned and told me to hush... lol

kath
10-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bishop@Oct 15 2003, 04:33 AM
Child of the 80's no doubt.. from those dorky junior high years to my waver high school turn around. Parachute pants, Beastie Boys, Van Halen, Depeche Mode, Vans, skate boarding, Camaros & RX-7's... Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Nightmare On Elm Street, arcades, skating rinks, MTV first broadcast, those hilarious Michael Jackson jackets... yeah I miss the 80's.
This sums up just about everything that ran through my mind as I was reading this thread.... just throw in all of my Madonna-inspired black jelly bracelets, cut off sweatshirts (inspired by Flashdance) and "Take my Breath Away" by Berlin from Top Gun and you've got "my" 80's in a nutshell.

I went to Jr High, High School, moved to California, met my hubby and got married in that decade. To say that I've got MAJOR 80's memories is an understatement! :bdance:

Kewl thread - thanks for the Hump Day AM perk up! :rokk:

Toolz
10-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 15 2003, 07:24 AM
Toolz,

Your comment reminds me of time SweetT took bunch of us out for sushi in
NO at Fay's show (Japan House I think it was called)... Bangwang, OldFold
and JohnIP were going on and on about the 'glory days' of the 70s... the
parties, the women, the wild times... I chimed in about playing tag and
coloring and recess.. you could just see the liver spots erupting on their
arms as they groaned and told me to hush... lol
You know why that scares me? I see how hard some of us party nowadays, what's it gonna be like in say the 10's or the 20's when we've got a bunch of youngins of us out partying?

Toolz
10-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Anyone remember the Steven King movie Maximum Overdrive? I just picked that up on DVD the other day what a great kitsch flick. As well as who can forget Howard the Duck.

Evil Chris
10-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Best memory would have to be bands like Green River, Mudhoney and The Melvins changing the music trends 180 degrees around.

spazlabz
10-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Howard the Duck was totally awesome fer shure!
The thing that has always stood out to me, besides the fact that every weekend I lost me freaking mind in the 80s is how 'different' the music was. It inspired me all over the place.
Best concert I went to in the 80s had the following groups
Police
Flock of Seagulls
The Fix
Joan Jett
Ministry
12 hour concert at Cominsky(sp)Park in Chicago
Massive food fight, dudes passing coke aroound like it was communal candy and Joan Jett got boo'ed off the stage

"Do ya wanna Touch
YEAH
Do ya wanna Touch
Yeah
Do ya wanna touch me THERE
Where
There
Yeah
(audience sang) Go
Go Home
Go Home!"
Hilarious, followed by a flock of seagulls. The guitarist knocked a full cup of soda back into the audience like a baseball player
couldnt sleep for DAYS. Got laid on the L on the way home.

I almost forgot, Martha Quinn was THERE!!! tie a rope around her neck & wear HER as your thin tie LOL

spaz

Last edited by spazlabz at Oct 15 2003, 08:11 AM

Bishop
10-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by kath@Oct 15 2003, 10:46 AM
This sums up just about everything that ran through my mind...

I'm channeling you Kath.. :awinky:

Buff
10-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Bombing Libya!

Carrie
10-15-2003, 12:24 PM
So a naked blonde walks into a bar, with a poodle under one arm and a salami under the other.
The bartender looks at her and says....

Buff
10-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 10:32 AM
So a naked blonde walks into a bar, with a poodle under one arm and a salami under the other.
The bartender looks at her and says....
"No dogs allowed, bitch."

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
He's big... he's bad... he never runs but will always catch your dumb ass...

Michael Myers first came home in 78... little earlier than the 80s but (aside
from that bullshit 'Season of the Witch' crap in number III) he kicked ass
and scared piss outta Jamie Lee in 4 decades! Happy 25th Anniversary...

HALLOWEEN

Even a closeted country bumkin like me can't believe nobody's mentioned
BREAKDANCING (or maybe that is just that nobody will admit it...lol)

Bishop
10-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 15 2003, 11:40 AM

Nobody will admit it.. there was always that one kid in school who was really good at it. The kid could be ugly as hell but if he could breakdance he was automatically with the in-crowd. I wonder what ever happened to that kid.. hmmm... Anthony? :nyanya:

voodooman
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Highschool!!!

And everything else that's already been mentioned.

Trev
10-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Best memory = Leaving school :P

Fav 80's things = Stay pressed trousers and Oxford shoes (UK fasion disaster)

Carrie
10-15-2003, 12:48 PM
In middle school we had dress-up days where you'd dress up like anyone you wanted...
I did boy george (ala culture club when he had the hair, hat, ribbons and baggy clothes) and actually had kids asking me for my fuckin' autograph...
It's the nose. ;)

Flashdance. Top Gun. Point Break. The Lost Boys. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. St Elmo's Fire. The Breakfast Club. Sixteen Candles.

Duran duran. Journey. Whitesnake. White Lion. Poison. Cinderella. Warrant. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. LL Cool J. Kool Moe Dee. Robert Palmer. Motley Crue. LA Guns. Guns N Roses. Metallica. The *real* U2. Michael Jackson. Def Leppard.

Singing at the top of your freaking lungs with the windows rolled down and going through the gears like you were a bonafide race car driver...
"After the boys of summer have gone..."
"How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace"
"Hold me now, it's hard for me to say I'm sorry..."

You didn't end the school year properly unless you were "downy oshun" in Ocean City partying your freaking head off and hanging out at Freak Street.

A floppy disk was this huge flexible square thing that you put tape on the corner if you didn't want to write over it... cassette loading was "ancient".

Walkmen.

Sitting outside of Tower Records in the middle of a crowd of 200 people wearing black leather and chains on the top of your car screaming "MASTER! MASTER!" waiting for midnight so they'd open the fucking doors and let us trample each other to be the first to buy Metallica's Black album.

Running down the hall to my friend's room in college bawling my eyes out screaming "It's not true!! It's not true!!!" when Mtv was telling us that Axl Rose had died in a car accident.

Having the guitar intro to "welcome to the jungle" come on the radio and watching my Mom break her neck to turn the radio ALL the way up (she still does, hehe).

Putting up a poster for Megadeth above my bed my first day at college and watching my new roommate turn ghostly white.

Halloween. Freddy. Jason. Rambo.

I'd go back there and live forever if I could. *sigh*

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Landmine...
Has taken my sight.
Taken my speach.
Taken my hearrrr-ing.
Taken my arms.
Taken my legs.
Left me with life in HEEEEEELLLLLL...

OldJeff
10-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Don't really remember most of the Eighties - First 3 years were high school followed by 2 years of the Army.

Next 10 years 86-95 were a drunken blur with the much more than occasional addition of cocaine. From which I woke up married to the crypt keeper.

Personally would not trade my post internet life for anything.

Carrie
10-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Oct 15 2003, 08:42 AM
Hammerjacks (best rock club on the East Coast - saw lots of hair bands there and hot girls were there wanting to hook up with long hair glam fags)

Shopping at Rave for my glam fag clothes

Oh hell yeah... Marley Station Mall and Annapolis Mall, you could hear the bass pumping a hundred feet before you got there... :)

I remember when Hammerjacks burned down. :(

I still have my denim jacket around here somewhere with the grim reaper airbrushed on the back, and I *still* wear my ripped-up jeans (for proof just see gonzo's ass-fuck thread, LOL)... hubby still has every concert t-shirt he ever got, rock band bandanas and tapestries, he was the quintessential long-haired ripped-up jeans bandanas on the wrist/thigh/calf white headbanging boy, and he still is, lol... (just working on growing that hair back out!)

Anthony
10-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Oct 15 2003, 08:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Oct 15 2003, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--XXXPhoto@Oct 15 2003, 11:40 AM

Nobody will admit it.. there was always that one kid in school who was really good at it. The kid could be ugly as hell but if he could breakdance he was automatically with the in-crowd. I wonder what ever happened to that kid.. hmmm... Anthony? :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
Fuck off.

OG B-Boy proud member of the Zulu Nation.

Carrie
10-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Look at us now.
Kids, houses, bills out the ying-yang; shaking our head at today's teenagers and scoffing and saying they're spoiled...

Does this all mean we're getting old? :(

Carrie
10-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Oct 15 2003, 11:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Oct 15 2003, 11:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--XXXPhoto@Oct 15 2003, 11:40 AM

Nobody will admit it.. there was always that one kid in school who was really good at it. The kid could be ugly as hell but if he could breakdance he was automatically with the in-crowd. I wonder what ever happened to that kid.. hmmm... Anthony? :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
I take it you haven't seen Vin Diesel's old breakdancing videos? He weighed like 100 pounds if that much, LOL
Our old breakdancers (Vin, LL Cool J, Anthony lol) - they've all gone and gained weight and gotten buff on us. Probably couldn't do a shoulder spin now for all the neck muscles getting in the way :nyanya:

Bishop
10-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 11:56 AM
A floppy disk was this huge flexible square thing that you put tape on the corner if you didn't want to write over it... cassette loading was "ancient".

Floppy... and you could take a hole punch and make it writable on both sides.

Bishop
10-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 12:10 PM
Probably couldn't do a shoulder spin now for all the neck muscles getting in the way

I hope Ant takes that as a change for Vegas. I would pay to see that.

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff@Oct 15 2003, 08:58 AM
...From which I woke up married to the crypt keeper.
Oooooohhh you are going to get in trouble... I'm telling Aly... lol

"What'choo talking 'bout Willis?"

Dallas, JR (Brad HAD to be taking notes), Bobby and the shower...

Dukes of Hazzard

voodooman
10-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 11:08 AM
Look at us now.
Kids, houses, bills out the ying-yang; shaking our head at today's teenagers and scoffing and saying they're spoiled...

Whoa, slow down there.

I have no kids. :(

I have no house :(

Anthony
10-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Oct 15 2003, 09:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Oct 15 2003, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Oct 15 2003, 12:10 PM
Probably couldn't do a shoulder spin now for all the neck muscles getting in the way

I hope Ant takes that as a change for Vegas. I would pay to see that.[/b][/quote]
I hate to break it (Pun intended) to you guys and gals, but I grapple with all my weight on my neck and shoulders quite a bit. With some practice, it shouldn't be too hard to do shoulder spins and windmills again.

Though Carrie is right. I do weigh another 100lbs since last I did those things.

XXXPhoto
10-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by voodooman@Oct 15 2003, 09:30 AM
Whoa, slow down there.

I'm 99.8% certain you avatar offers a clue to this... :nyanya:

Nickatilynx
10-15-2003, 01:43 PM
If you remember the 80s...you didn't REALLY live them ;-))))

Bishop
10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 15 2003, 12:40 PM

I hate to break it (Pun intended) to you guys and gals, but I grapple with all my weight on my neck and shoulders quite a bit. With some practice, it shouldn't be too hard to do shoulder spins and windmills again.

Though Carrie is right. I do weigh another 100lbs since last I did those things.

Start practicing.. I'll bring the Boombox, cardboard, and soundtrack to Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo.

VooMan
10-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 15 2003, 11:57 AM
Landmine...
Has taken my sight.
Taken my speach.
Taken my hearrrr-ing.
Taken my arms.
Taken my legs.
Left me with life in HEEEEEELLLLLL...
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that XXXPhoto. (sniffle)

DARKNESS

IMPRISONING ME
ALL THAT I SEE
ABSOLUTE HORROR
I CANNOT LIVE
I CANNOT DIE
TRAPPED IN MYSELF
BODY MY HOLDING CELL

Anthony
10-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bishop+Oct 15 2003, 10:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Oct 15 2003, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Anthony@Oct 15 2003, 12:40 PM

Start practicing.. I'll bring the Boombox, cardboard, and soundtrack to Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo.[/b][/quote]
No, bring kitchen tile instead, the linolieum(sp) stuff.

Do not bring that soundtrack, I have old school CDs. If you must, get the Beat Street soundtrack instead.

I have to see now if I can find parachute pants somewhere that fit me. heh

OldJeff
10-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto+Oct 15 2003, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXXPhoto @ Oct 15 2003, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OldJeff@Oct 15 2003, 08:58 AM
...From which I woke up married to the crypt keeper.
Oooooohhh you are going to get in trouble... I'm telling Aly... lol

"What'choo talking 'bout Willis?"

Dallas, JR (Brad HAD to be taking notes), Bobby and the shower...

Dukes of Hazzard[/b][/quote]
The Crypt Keeper was my ex wife Mark.

Aly has heard all the horror stories, from both myself and friends who are not full of shit like I am. :)

Aly and I didn't meet until 97 - after I quite drinking and began selling porn

voodooman
10-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto+Oct 15 2003, 11:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXXPhoto @ Oct 15 2003, 11:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--voodooman@Oct 15 2003, 09:30 AM
Whoa, slow down there.

I'm 99.8% certain you avatar offers a clue to this... :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
Wow, thats just wrong bro, but
listen to the .2 % of your brain.

:D

Edd
10-15-2003, 04:15 PM
my fave 80s memory has to be November 1985....
Standing at the front of the stage at Club 601 watching The Dead Kennedy's perform on their Frankenchrist Tour....
:wnw:

Cleo
10-15-2003, 04:18 PM
All I remember is lots of white stuff…

gonzo
10-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Oct 15 2003, 03:26 PM
You shoulda swallowed!

Cleo
10-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Oct 15 2003, 03:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Oct 15 2003, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cleo@Oct 15 2003, 03:26 PM
You shoulda swallowed![/b][/quote]
I cooked it and smoked it.

I also smoked a few of my exes at the time but that is a whole other story.

Carrie
10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Oct 15 2003, 01:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Oct 15 2003, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -Bishop@Oct 15 2003, 10:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Anthony@Oct 15 2003, 12:40 PM

Start practicing.. I'll bring the Boombox, cardboard, and soundtrack to Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo.
No, bring kitchen tile instead, the linolieum(sp) stuff.

Do not bring that soundtrack, I have old school CDs. If you must, get the Beat Street soundtrack instead.

I have to see now if I can find parachute pants somewhere that fit me. heh[/b][/quote]
Beat street! The king of the beat! You see 'em rockin' that beat from across the street uh-huh-huh
Beat street is a lesson too, because you can't let the street beat you!!

Okay I don't do the floor spins but I *do* do the robot and arm-leg wave moves :okthumb:
(Hey so I'm eclectic - shoot me)

gonzo
10-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Cleo+Oct 15 2003, 03:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cleo @ Oct 15 2003, 03:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Originally posted by -gonzo@Oct 15 2003, 03:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Cleo@Oct 15 2003, 03:26 PM
You shoulda swallowed!
I cooked it and smoked it.

I also smoked a few of my exes at the time but that is a whole other story.[/b][/quote]
Damn...I knew I should have checked out the pool a little closer!

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 16 2003, 04:08 AM
Look at us now.

Yikes !!

Theres a differance between getting old and growing up isn't there ?

HoneyBlond
10-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Whoops wrong era..
:hic:

Last edited by HoneyBlond at Oct 16 2003, 12:19 PM

VooMan
10-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Funny, there are a lot of 80's fans out there but until I sat down and thought about it I didn't realize how many good memories there were for me as well:

My first concerts, seeing Jethro Tull, Rush (about 17 times) and Van Halen. I even got mugged outside Madison Square Garden after the Van Halen show. haha

First girlfriend
First time at um... you know...
Graduating from high school and college
Playing guitar ALL the time
My thick wavy hair (sniffle)
Actually having good abs (hahaha)
Weighing 160 and bench pressing 250

And the number 1 memory for the 80's... just having tons of laughs with my friends. We were really a bunch of goofballs. :)

Those were pretty good years...

:okthumb:

Last edited by VooMan at Oct 16 2003, 08:29 AM

sharky
10-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Hmm. I remember my first pubic hair. I was so freaked out, I plucked it!
Then I told a friend and realized I shouldn't have done that -- I was becoming a man.
so the next day I drew one on with a pen.

lol

Torone
10-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Maria, Lupita, Rachel, Eloisa, Peggy... :biglaugh:

KevinG
10-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Oct 15 2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, me too. Big time. I definitely helped support Pablo Escobar.

Milena Dickman
10-16-2003, 02:16 PM
The 80´s sucks! :nyanya:

spazlabz
10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Milena Dickman@Oct 16 2003, 10:24 AM
Do You? cause i could go for one right about now

spaz

Carrie
10-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Milena Dickman@Oct 16 2003, 01:24 PM
"Sucks" is a present-tense verb. Using this to describe something that went on more than a decade ago can only mean that you're a product of more recent public schooling, yes?
:nyanya:

spazlabz
10-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Carrie+Oct 16 2003, 12:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carrie @ Oct 16 2003, 12:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Milena Dickman@Oct 16 2003, 01:24 PM
"Sucks" is a present-tense verb. Using this to describe something that went on more than a decade ago can only mean that you're a product of more recent public schooling, yes?
:nyanya:[/b][/quote]
OHMIFUCKINGGAWD
That shit is funny Carrie. I busted up when i read it. Read it out loud to my wife and she LOL'ed as well. Good one, better than mine, although i am still curious as to what the answer would be.

spaz

Zebra
10-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Mr. Roboto
Hungry Like the Wolf
ColecoVision
Bard's Tale
Back to the Future
Trying to dress like the guys in Loverboy
Karate Kid
V: the Mini-series