PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Sooner better than Arizona Cardinals!

Meni
10-14-2003, 01:13 PM
from espn.com

Josh (Norman): Who can compete with OU right now?

Trev Alberts: Nobody. Not even close. Texas had as much talent on the field. But you saw what happened.

Trev Alberts: If you put OU on the field with the Arizona Cardinals.. I think OU would be favored. I would take Jason White over Jeff Blake.

colin put that in your calculator
hee hee
j/k

Meni
10-14-2003, 01:15 PM
let me add
since i am born and raised a new englander
i expect my team to disappoint me
i'm scared now
damn you Trev Albert!

Almighty Colin
10-15-2003, 04:07 AM
This is said about one college team or another every few years. I doubt it. One thing you can do is go back and look at some great college teams from the past. Many of those players on the "could beat an NFL team" who were superstars in college turned out to not be starters (or not very good) in the NFL.

Also, college teams tend to have strategies that exploit weaknesses that don't exist in the NFL. Steve Spurrier has talked about this and said he was wrong, that he can't pass in the NFL like he did in college because he has to leave more guys in for protection. What worked in college won't work in the pro's.

More and more teams are running pro-style offenses in college (notice no one runs option in the pro's anymore) but I still think the gap is too wide.

Remember the wishbone?

Meni
10-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Colin, there is no I in Team
hee hee
the team plays as a unit

Jason White the QB did an interview on Fox Sports Net
I smell doom