PDA

View Full Version : Kevin, would you mind to answer few UNRELATED

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Lots of Opranaughts have questions to ask about technology, business and other related topics..

Trev
10-14-2003, 10:06 AM
erm... I'd like to know what firewall do you use?

oh yeah... whats the best port scanner to use?

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 10:08 AM
confucy, if you attempt to mess up this thread with your attacks,
I'll make sure to circumvent your attempts,
I hope you understand.

Kevin,
please refrain from "confusianisms in this thread also,
this one is for posterity, not entertaintment

Carrie
10-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Given Kevin's restriction from using computers until this year, I wonder if he's sufficiently caught up enough to even answer those types of questions?
I can't imagine being barred from using a computer. I'd have heroin-type withdrawal symptoms.

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 10:09 AM
I'd like to know what are your plans for the future?

One can live only for that long on the old laurels...

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 14 2003, 09:16 AM
Given Kevin's restriction from using computers until this year, I wonder if he's sufficiently caught up enough to even answer those types of questions?
I can't imagine being barred from using a computer. I'd have heroin-type withdrawal symptoms.
I read post on GFY which said he is "updated" and up and up in what is going on,
I beleive it.

KevinMitnick
10-14-2003, 10:46 AM
The restriction on computers did not prevent me from keeping current on security issues.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding security, but I ask that we do this through e-mail. You can send me mail or PMs through my profile here at Oprano.

Thanks,

Kevin

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Kevin,
does that apply to ALL the questions or only security questions?

KevinMitnick
10-14-2003, 11:01 AM
I meant in regards to anything having to do with my business or the security field.

I am not looking to disrupt your activities here on the boards. I was having libelous and defamatory statements written about me here, and I merely showed up to defend myself.

The two questions posed here, have already been answered in numerous interviews, but feel free to write me with whatever you have.

Winetalk.com
10-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by KevinMitnick@Oct 14 2003, 10:09 AM
I meant in regards to anything having to do with my business or the security field.

I am not looking to disrupt your activities here on the boards. I was having libelous and defamatory statements written about me here, and I merely showed up to defend myself.

The two questions posed here, have already been answered in numerous interviews, but feel free to write me with whatever you have.
I don't know what was covered in previous interviews, and have a feel that the majority of Oprano doesn't know it either,
I hope you don't mind to be repeticious from time to time.

Question NOT related to security:

What are your thoughts on Government ability to monitor the internet activity globaly and how that correlates with "Invasion of Privacy" concerns?