PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget your NatNet Pickem Picks!

kath
10-10-2003, 01:06 PM
On what is proving to be perhaps the worst day to date of 2003 (just found out that my grandmother has cancer) - and after a string of really crappy days since August, THANK YOU to the Pickem guys for a morning laugh. I needed it. :yowsa:

Hey Pickem Players

DON'T GIVE UP! EVEN IF YOU SUCK! Last week was rough on most people playing the Pickem. It's called parity and that's what the NFL wants - 'on any given Sunday' meaning anybody can and will beat anybody else in the NFL.

I just wasn't expect the "Don't Give Up! Even if you suck!" line in there. Nearly lost my AM coffee on the monitor. Thanks for the laugh. And thanks for making the Pickem Challenge fun. It's been something cool to look forward to on the weekends - and made hearing hubby yell at the TV all day Sunday (he's a Chargers fan - enough said? lol) a little more exciting. :awinky:

Shok
10-10-2003, 01:19 PM
That should have said, "Just give up, Shok will take it all this year"

Trev
10-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear about you bad news Kath, the big C is always a punch in the gut. Fingers crossed for your grandmother.

Romeo
10-10-2003, 01:23 PM
I need to have a good week, I droped from 11th place to somewhere in the 30's It was ugly!! My betez account was even uglier :headwall:

kath
10-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Oct 10 2003, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear about you bad news Kath, the big C is always a punch in the gut. Fingers crossed for your grandmother.
Thanks Trev.... yeah, going to visit tonight so we can get all the details from her doctor about what type, plan of action, etc... Apparently it runs in the family - we just found out recently that all of her siblings had it but it was a "family secret" nobody wanted to talk about. Guess I need to change all my medical history information at the doctors. :angry:

That should have said, "Just give up, Shok will take it all this year"

Didn't yours say "give it up Shok!" ???? hehehe J/K... yeah, I saw you were up there @ the top (jealous!!!)... I need to learn how to cheat from other peoples' papers - who are ya picking THIS week Shok??? :awinky:

dantheman
10-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Kath, my prayers and thoughts are with your Grandmother. My mom has been fighting it for 4 years. They gave her 6 months back then but she has never ever gave up :)

kath
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by dantheman@Oct 10 2003, 09:43 AM
Kath, my prayers and thoughts are with your Grandmother. My mom has been fighting it for 4 years. They gave her 6 months back then but she has never ever gave up :)
That's an encouraging story dan... best wishes and thoughts to you and your mom as well. I know I still have no idea what you guys must be going through - this is all still so new to me... but that's very encouraging. I will remember that no matter what the doctor tells us this weekend.

Mike AI
10-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Yeah Kath, I will keep your Grandmother in my prayers... I know how special they are!

The e-mail reminder was from Mutt.... he is a funny guy. Not in a wierd way or anything.