PDA

View Full Version : How Long Would It Take You?

Hooper
10-07-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm curious.. everybody knows adult here... some better than others.

But lets talk nonadult. If you were to launch a nonadult affiliate program. How long would it take for you to get it to the point of processing say.. $500k a month ?

We're talking you, you could assemble a team if you wanted.. but it needs to be primarily you and your work.

I'd give myself 9 months.

Mike AI
10-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Oct 7 2003, 12:13 PM

But lets talk nonadult. If you were to launch a nonadult affiliate program. How long would it take for you to get it to the point of processing say.. $500k a month ?

We're talking you, you could assemble a team if you wanted.. but it needs to be primarily you and your work.

Processing 500k a month is no feat. I could sell $10 bills for $8.00 and process millions.

How much net could you make? Trust me, I have pretty big non-adult holdings - it ain't that easy.

voodooman
10-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Hooper@Oct 7 2003, 11:13 AM

I would think that you would have to take into consideration
first of all, the product thats being marketed.

sarettah
10-07-2003, 01:59 PM
It would take me 50 years... + or - a decade...........

:yowsa:

Now how about a more realistic (for some of us) scenario.....

You get a paycheck working for the man of $4500.00 a month....

You have $5000.00 worth of bills and expenses a month.....

You have $5000.00 worth of credit open on your credit cards....

You need new tires for your 1984 Dodge 600....
Your daughter needs braces............

Now, how long will it take.......

and......

How you gonna do it ???

(I am taking notes)

Mr Benn
10-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Anyone want to buy any mobile phone booster antennas, or mobile phone anti-radiation hardware? :lol:

Don't know how quick that could be made, but if i were to try, i would probably go along the route of some innovative type of software. Hopefully get a big interest in it, and also avoid warehousing/handling/shipping costs.

Regards,

Nickatilynx
10-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Non Adult.....

Does that exclude gambling?

What about being paid to mail non-adult products?

BradShaw
10-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Processing $500k a month, what sort of profit margins we talking? 20%?

I could never do it, I would be flipping burgers, or fishing.

Hooper
10-16-2003, 11:30 AM
sure. 20% sounds good.

and sure, mailing nonadult would count. but you cant go with "sinful" enterprises like gambling or drugs. has to be something that even jerry falwell would approve of ;-)

Nickatilynx
10-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Well ...then it mailing as Investor Relations for small cap nasdaqs :-)))

Carrie
10-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Holding no inventory is nice - it's finding a genuine wholesale drop-shipper that's the rub. *grumble grumble*
Virtual inventory (digital) always pays off. :okthumb:

Sare - it takes little to no effort to make that extra 500, but first you have to stop posting 11 out of 16 threads each day :P
http://www.gotkinky.com/neatpics/sare.jpg

sarettah
10-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 16 2003, 10:45 AM
Sare - it takes little to no effort to make that extra 500, but first you have to stop posting 11 out of 16 threads each day :P

If you notice the times on MOST of my posts... They are either during the day when I am at work (getting paid but during breaks in the monotony of programming....got to do something to pull your head out of one project before jumping into another) or right before bedtime :)

'sides...I didn't know anyone was keeping track......... :nyanya:

I put in 40-60 hours a week here at the old mill......

I probably put in another 30-40 a week at home either helping Jen with Paper Jewels or on my own programming projects (like Bits N Tits) and yes, if I put that energy into straight "money making" projects I could probably bring in a lot more a month......... But, I like relaxing some times and just like in the old Yahoo Regs days when my relaxation was hitting the rioom with Deekie and Iggy and You, my way of relaxing these days is hitting Oprano and VNWR......

Money has not ever been the highest priority in my life... I have always managed to get by and sometimes even had extra :)

As a wise old friend once told me: "as far as problems go, money is probably the easiest one to solve. There are a lot worse problems you could have in life then money"

(you can't fool me, it's all just paper and ink) :yowsa:

Nickatilynx
10-16-2003, 12:17 PM
"as far as problems go, money is probably the easiest one to solve. There are a lot worse problems you could have in life then money"

-see *1

What a moron!! ;-)))

Do you know how many problems dissappear when you have money? ;-)))

It doesn't make you happy , but DAMN you can suffer in comfort!! ;-)))

If I had a nickle for every person who had no money , who THEN told me they could have money cause it easy to get (but didn't) and then whined about having no money.......I'd have $7.95 ;-)))

( 1* statements libelling money and its advantages may result in law suits)

Last edited by Nickatilynx at Oct 16 2003, 08:27 AM

Vick
10-16-2003, 12:24 PM
to Quote Cyndi Lauper ...
"Money Changes Everything" :D

sarettah
10-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Oct 16 2003, 11:25 AM
Do you know how many problems dissappear when you have money? ;-)))

It doesn't make you happy , but DAMN you can suffer in comfort!! ;-)))

I agree...

But, if you have a family (as I have), there are many many many problems you could have that having extra money does nothing to fix.....

and that is what we were talking about at the time....

I have never had a problem coming up with extra bucks when I need them and granted, with my attitude I will never be financially rich.....

But I have raised two children to adulthood without them ending up in jail, on drugs, pregnant or hating me...... (maybe I will get lucky with the third...lol... she is at the halfway point now)

Nickatilynx
10-16-2003, 12:38 PM
sarettah,

Nothing meant by it :)

Just rattling your cage......

;-)))

And I do have a family too ;-))

sarettah
10-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Oct 16 2003, 11:46 AM
And I do have a family too ;-))
ooops... I forgot... I did know that.......

:blink:

KevinG
10-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Oct 7 2003, 09:57 AM
I could sell $10 bills for $8.00 and process millions.
I place an order for $10,000 please. :D

Non-adult? I still have a couple. BORING. :zzz:

Carrie
10-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Oct 16 2003, 11:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Oct 16 2003, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Carrie@Oct 16 2003, 10:45 AM

If you notice the times on MOST of my posts... They are either during the day when I am at work (getting paid but during breaks in the monotony of programming....got to do something to pull your head out of one project before jumping into another) or right before bedtime :)

'sides...I didn't know anyone was keeping track......... :nyanya:

I put in 40-60 hours a week here at the old mill......

I probably put in another 30-40 a week at home either helping Jen with Paper Jewels or on my own programming projects (like Bits N Tits) and yes, if I put that energy into straight "money making" projects I could probably bring in a lot more a month......... But, I like relaxing some times and just like in the old Yahoo Regs days when my relaxation was hitting the rioom with Deekie and Iggy and You, my way of relaxing these days is hitting Oprano and VNWR......

Money has not ever been the highest priority in my life... I have always managed to get by and sometimes even had extra :)

As a wise old friend once told me: "as far as problems go, money is probably the easiest one to solve. There are a lot worse problems you could have in life then money"

(you can't fool me, it's all just paper and ink) :yowsa:[/b][/quote]
Oooh! I must've hit a sore spot. No offense meant hon, I was joking.
I just happened to be scanning down the threads last night and it suddenly hit me that your name ruled the page. I grabbed a screenshot and was going to ask you if you were related to someone else I know of on another board but alas, I went over there and it looked like he had taken the day off.
I still had the pic sitting on my desktop though so I thought I may as well put it to use :awinky:

Dravyk
10-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Oct 16 2003, 11:32 AM
to Quote Cyndi Lauper ...
"Money Changes Everything" :D
And more importantly ... "She bop - he bop - a - we bop" :redance:

sarettah
10-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Oct 16 2003, 04:36 PM
Oooh! I must've hit a sore spot. No offense meant hon, I was joking.

No offense taken ...really....lol...If you did, I would pick up the phone and call you :)

It just came at the same time that I was kind of thinking the same thing...I saw all the threads I started with zero replies and was like :unsure: ....

but..there are times that I am just posting to try to throw some nuggets out there and get a discussion going... Never know which nugget is gonna get a bite and which will be ignored :)

Carrie
10-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Coolness.
But hey, if you *do* want to make that extra $500, zip me a note (or pick up the phone, lol). I can help!