PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask a newbie question here?

newb
10-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Since the big money sites are run by the big players, I figure that the best thing for a small guy with a small budget like me to do would be to do small niche sites, right?

now if I do small niche sites should my focus be to make the surfer happy and try to load the sites up with niche content, or should I put in little content in hopes that they'll sign up, leave, never come back, and forgot about the recurring on their credit card?

also should I charge very little? I mean if I have a small niche site, say ebony trannies, and charge something small like $5.95/mo, then the surfer will sign up because it's cheap, they wont expect much, and hopefully since the price is so small they wont care and probably forget to cancel.

Is my thinking fucked or am I on the right track?

And am I better off doing small niche sites liek tranny, or would I be BETTER off doing microniches, like Ebony trannies?

Winetalk.com
10-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by newb@Oct 7 2003, 02:16 AM
Since the big money sites are run by the big players, I figure that the best thing for a small guy with a small budget like me to do would be to do small niche sites, right?

now if I do small niche sites should my focus be to make the surfer happy and try to load the sites up with niche content, or should I put in little content in hopes that they'll sign up, leave, never come back, and forgot about the recurring on their credit card?

also should I charge very little? I mean if I have a small niche site, say ebony trannies, and charge something small like $5.95/mo, then the surfer will sign up because it's cheap, they wont expect much, and hopefully since the price is so small they wont care and probably forget to cancel.

Is my thinking fucked or am I on the right track?

And am I better off doing small niche sites liek tranny, or would I be BETTER off doing microniches, like Ebony trannies?
niche sites is where you can compete with :"big boys", but..at expense of:
1) knowing the locale well
2) working your ass of..

those are my 2 cents and YES,
here you can ask ANYTHING you want

newb
10-07-2003, 03:37 AM
Thanks Serge,

It's great to get advice from people who actually make money and know what they're talking about like the people on this board.

I've made some money at this and now I want to reinvest it the right way so it explodes.

Last edited by newb at Oct 6 2003, 11:47 PM

Winetalk.com
10-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by newb@Oct 7 2003, 02:45 AM
Thanks Serge,

It's great to get advice from people who actually make money and know what they're talking about like the people on this board.

I've made some money at this and now I want to reinvest it the right way so it explodes.
"explodes" might not be the right word and your desired end result
;-)

I'm sure folks with military background would agree
;-)))

ounique
10-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey there newb,

Niche sites are a doing really well right now. I've said it before in many places but my advice is to know your niche well. Build sites based on things you are interested in or take the time to learn the ins and outs of what makes the fetish or interest exciting for people. You can get a signup with a few good pics but you will keep members by continuing to add new content and by relating your text, stories and other goodies to the people who are signing up.

Now where would you go to get some good fetish content? Hmmm, I wonder. Hee hee. :D

:bjump: