PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill sneak peek review......

sarettah
09-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Sounds good :)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98244,00.html

Tarantino's 'Kill Bill': A 'Pulp Fiction' Sequel
Thursday , September 25, 2003
By Roger Friedman

Success is a double-edged sword as we all know. Tomorrow, Miramax releases one of the worst films in its history, a misbegotten comedy called "Duplex" that stars Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore in a pale rip-off of "Meet the Parents."

On the other hand, three weeks from tomorrow the company will finally give us Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill: Volume 1." I've seen this much-anticipated film and I can tell you that it is absolutely brilliant, a real tour de force.

But let's address "Kill Bill," which is the story of a character called The Bride (Uma Thurman), a hit woman who avenges her newlywed husband's bloody murder at the altar. The enemy is Bill, her former lover and employer and his squad of vicious killers known as the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, or DiVAS. They are played by Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, Vivica A. Fox and Michael Madsen.

.................................................. ...........

I will admit I'm not a fanatic expert on the subject of samurai movies, 'grind house' pictures, spaghetti westerns or Japanese anime. (The latter all looks like "Speed Racer" to me.) Until I read the extensive press notes for "Kill Bill," I assumed a "duck press" was something served a la orange or with plum sauce. But I do know that "Kill Bill, Volume 1" is the hippest thing I've seen on screen since "Pulp Fiction."

From the opening credits (which are in Japanese) to the big finale in a place called "The House of Blue Leaves" (sorry John Guare), "Kill Bill" is full of visual knockouts. There are set piece homages to Tarantino's favorite Japanese films, which are going to be parodied and copied as slavishly as "Pulp Fiction."

It's "Crouching Tiger" and "The Matrix," mixed together and served with hot sauce. What a meal these three films will make some day at a revival house!

.................................................. ..

I'll tell you more about "Kill Bill" as its release date (Oct. 10) approaches. But these were the impressions I was left with after the screening: that it rocked, that the violence and spurting blood was cartoon-like fun, that Lucy Liu was the best she's ever been.

I also thought that "Kill Bill" succeeded on every level that "Charlie's Angels" didn't. And that I really wanted to see Part II as soon as possible (I'm told it's not finished yet), but that I was happy there was a break.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: The soundtrack is simply amazing.

DannyCox
09-26-2003, 04:21 PM
I've been waiting 6 years for a new Tarantino movie!!!

This one sounds amazing.

Yes, I have no life

A.A.
09-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Finally!

Last edited by A.A. at Sep 29 2003, 12:46 PM

Vick
09-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Tarantino is this month's Playboy interview

Bex
09-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Looks sweet! Can't wait. :rokk:

DrGuile
09-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Anybody saw him last night on the Tonight Show?

He was drunk as a skunk.... sounded even more like a bitch than usual...

I like his movies, but he's a nancy boy ;p