PDA

View Full Version : 100 best companies for women list.....

sarettah
09-24-2003, 08:12 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...life_mothers_dc (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=5&u=/nm/20030924/od_nm/life_mothers_dc)

Massages, Food, Child-Care for Working Mothers
45 minutes ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - At-work massages, take-home dinners and after-school programs for children are among the innovative benefits offered by firms on the just-released list of the 100 best U.S. companies for working mothers.

The biggest trend in benefits is an awareness of the changing demands on parents as their children get older, said Jill Kirschenbaum, editor in chief of Working Mother magazine, which released its 18th list of best companies on Tuesday.

"Even in a sluggish economy, companies recognize the needs of their working mothers," Kirschenbaum said by telephone, noting that meeting these needs can be effective in recruiting and retaining high-quality employees and fighting absenteeism.

"As younger women come into the workforce, they're raising the bar," she said. "Generation X and Y women are coming into job interviews with a list of questions for potential employers: 'What can you do for me?'"

Beyond that, she noted that as working women move through the workforce, their needs change -- from infant and toddler care to programs to help deal with older children.

The top 10, listed alphabetically, are: Abbott Laboratories Inc., Illinois; Booz Allen Hamilton, Virginia; Bristol-Myers Squibb, New York; Eli Lilly and Company, Indiana; Fannie Mae, Washington D.C.; General Mills Inc, Minnesota; IBM, New York; Prudential Financial Inc., New Jersey; S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Wisconsin; Wachovia Corporation, North Carolina.

The complete list is available online at www.workingmother.com and in the magazine's October issue.

sarah_webinc
09-24-2003, 12:15 PM
I think webinc is pretty good for women

Vick
09-24-2003, 12:24 PM
The most important job a woman (or anyone for that matter) can have is
To stay home and raise your children

The only time there should be a "working mother" is when there is a stay at home father

Nickatilynx
09-24-2003, 12:48 PM
The most important job a woman (or anyone for that matter) can have is
To stay home and raise your children

The only time there should be a "working mother" is when there is a stay at home father

:okthumb:

sextoyking
09-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Sarah,

*KK*
09-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Hmmm, I'll take the ability to work from anywhere I please, including my home, the ability to pay for as many massages or as much food as suits me, and the flexibility to arrange things as I need them over a benefits package any day.

sarah_webinc
09-24-2003, 04:21 PM
well, I don't have any kids of my own (two grown stepdaughters) but I have to work at home as my husband is disabled and whilst he doesn't need 24/7 care I do need to be here in case something happens.

If I had kids I would want to be with them for the first few years, if only because I did the whole babysitter every morning thing. I would be working at the same time though.

Dravyk
09-24-2003, 06:29 PM
When I worked for Condom, Nick used to offer us at-work massages ... then tell us he wouldn't fly!

The bastard! :nyanya:

Nickatilynx
09-24-2003, 07:15 PM
You worked at CONDOM/Netpond?

Can't say I noticed ;-))))) *

* OK,you did a good job with the Chronicles.It was just too good a chance of a burn to pass on :-)

Last edited by Nickatilynx at Sep 24 2003, 03:27 PM

Dravyk
09-25-2003, 04:33 AM
hehe I find things just too good to pass up commenting on too, Nick, so I defintely understand. :D

For instance, this by your name: "I made 1500 posts, I KNOW what I am talking about!"

... That would make about 1493 more posts you've made here than you did at all of your time at Condom/Netpond. :P