PDA

View Full Version : 800 Oklahoma Babies block the highway....

sarettah
09-20-2003, 08:39 AM
800 baby pigs shut down Oklahoma highway
Reuters
Posted September 19 2003, 2:35 PM EDT

OKLAHOMA CITY - Interstate 40, the main east-west highway in Oklahoma, was closed for several hours Thursday when about 800 baby pigs spilled on to the road after the truck transporting them overturned, police said Friday.

Several pigs were killed when their vented livestock truck overturned just east of Oklahoma City. And the pigs, all of which were under a year old, had little idea what to do with their first taste of freedom.

The freeway was closed in both directions as state troopers, firemen and ambulance workers doubled as farm hands in a bid to prevent the pigs from running amok in the Oklahoma City suburbs and return them to a pig farm, police said.

Some of the pigs plunged to their deaths when they jumped off a highway bridge near the wreckage as law enforcement officials were closing in for their capture.

Vick
09-20-2003, 08:42 AM
Mmmmm Bacon

voodooman
09-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Funny, when this happens in the City, it makes news, but where Im from in the panhandle, this sort of thing happens daily, nobody ever hears about it.

Funny what some people think good news is.

sarettah
09-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by voodooman@Sep 22 2003, 09:06 AM
I don't think it is good news.....

I think it is quite tragic............. Only thing worse than baby pigs dying is cute little baby ducks !!!!.................

:cryin:

voodooman
09-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Sep 22 2003, 10:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Sep 22 2003, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--voodooman@Sep 22 2003, 09:06 AM

I think it is quite tragic............. Only thing worse than baby pigs dying is cute little baby ducks !!!!.................

:cryin:[/b][/quote]
Geez, sometimes I forget there are hillbillies that read Oprano.

I didnt mean Good News, I meant, news worthy of printing
or airing.

C'mon, keep up would ya?

:P

sarettah
09-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by voodooman@Sep 22 2003, 12:09 PM
Geez, sometimes I forget there are hillbillies that read Oprano.

Well........excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssseeee eeeee me !!!

snob !!

:yowsa: :nyanya:

Gabriel
09-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Sep 20 2003, 07:47 AM
800 baby pigs shut down Oklahoma highway
Reuters
Posted September 19 2003, 2:35 PM EDT

OKLAHOMA CITY - Interstate 40, the main east-west highway in Oklahoma, was closed for several hours Thursday when about 800 baby pigs spilled on to the road after the truck transporting them overturned, police said Friday.

Several pigs were killed when their vented livestock truck overturned just east of Oklahoma City. And the pigs, all of which were under a year old, had little idea what to do with their first taste of freedom.

The freeway was closed in both directions as state troopers, firemen and ambulance workers doubled as farm hands in a bid to prevent the pigs from running amok in the Oklahoma City suburbs and return them to a pig farm, police said.

Some of the pigs plunged to their deaths when they jumped off a highway bridge near the wreckage as law enforcement officials were closing in for their capture.
" They may take our lives, but they will never take our FREEDOM!! "

sarettah
09-22-2003, 01:32 PM
In related news.............

The Oklahoma City branch of the "Roadkill Cafe" is offering a week long special on tender baby back ribs..............

:yowsa:

Zebra
09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
What they didn't tell you was that the accident happened right at an overpass. Some of the more daring piggies realized that if they hopped over the edge they would be free.. 30 feet up, but free.

I feel sorry for the people who were driving underneath the bridge. Heard about 30 made it over the edge before the humans realized what was happening and got them away from the bridge.

voodooman
09-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Sep 22 2003, 11:40 AM
In related news.............

The Oklahoma City branch of the "Roadkill Cafe" is offering a week long special on tender baby back ribs..............

:yowsa:
hahahaha, bout damn time you said something funny.

:P :bwave:

voodooman
09-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Zebra@Sep 22 2003, 12:35 PM
What they didn't tell you was that the accident happened right at an overpass. Some of the more daring piggies realized that if they hopped over the edge they would be free.. 30 feet up, but free.

I feel sorry for the people who were driving underneath the bridge. Heard about 30 made it over the edge before the humans realized what was happening and got them away from the bridge.
Well, I guess we cant use the expression,

'yeah right, when pigs fly' anymore.

:unsure:

A.A.
09-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Kinda sad that a bunch of bacon and ham can shut down a major highway in america.

Why do we pay taxes again?

XXXPhoto
09-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+Sep 22 2003, 08:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Sep 22 2003, 08:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--voodooman@Sep 22 2003, 09:06 AM

:cryin:[/b][/quote]
Baby ducks??? mmmm Balut (http://www.filipino.com.au/categ/%20cuisine/balot.htm)!
http://www.pinoycentral.com/new_pc/photo/pinoy_food_balut206.jpg